Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #1
Roger Stattel

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1ss
best trailing arms and toe rods with bushings?

I know this may be alot of preference but who has the best package. Pfadt was my first choice but are difficult to get a hold of now. Any experience?
Roger Stattel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:14 PM   #2
NYYFan325

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Read my thread a few below this one... I just got my BMR setup. I recommend contacting Apex-speed and go the same route
Old 05-13-2014, 08:19 PM   #3
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Everything under the ass end of my SS is BMR.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #4
Roger Stattel

Thanks ya I had read ur thread, was just trying to get multiple views. For the trailing arms is there only one bushing or is there one for each end of the ta? I see that all the toe rods have one for each side.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:30 AM   #5
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Hey Roger, the Trailing Arms (TCA026) do utilize both an inner and outer bushing. The inner bushings are included with the Trailing Arms because they are physically installed in the Trailing Arm. The Outer Trailing Arm Bushings (BK006) are sold separately because they are installed in the rear spindle and not directly in the Trailing Arms. We always highly recommend upgrading that Outer Trailing Arm Bushing any time you upgrade your Trailing Arms. Without them, you're not getting the full potential out of the new Trailing Arms.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
BMR is what I would recommend. Their parts work great and are priced right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYFan325 View Post
Read my thread a few below this one... I just got my BMR setup. I recommend contacting Apex-speed and go the same route
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
Everything under the ass end of my SS is BMR.
Same here.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:15 AM   #7
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
another vote for BMR. Solid quality and their sh*t works.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #8
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
another vote for BMR. Solid quality and their sh*t works.
Thanks Man....that's the best description I've heard yet!!! LOL!!!
Old 05-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #9
Roger Stattel

Alright it looks like bmr then. Can bmr tell me the difference between the two boxed trailing arms. Specifically why is the one with the bearing more expensive? Obvious I want it if it better but can I get an explanation?
Old 05-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #10
NYYFan325

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Thanks Man....that's the best description I've heard yet!!! LOL!!!
I full expect this quote to be in your signature shortly or I'll be disappointed
Old 05-14-2014, 12:51 PM   #11
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Stattel View Post
Alright it looks like bmr then. Can bmr tell me the difference between the two boxed trailing arms. Specifically why is the one with the bearing more expensive? Obvious I want it if it better but can I get an explanation?
The only difference is the inner connection point, one being a polyurethane bushing, and the other being a Teflon-lined spherical bearing. For a primarily street-driven car, we recommend the poly bushing version just because it will suppress the NVH better than the spherical bearing, and it is still a significant improvement over the stock rubber bushings in the factory trailing arms. The TCA027 with the spherical bearing is more suited to the high HP guys who regularly track their cars and are looking for the strongest arm possible with zero deflection on that inner joint.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #12
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Just a suggestion for the toe rods, I am running the 1LE/ZL1 rods with the spherical bearings.

The rods themselves are identical to the SS, but instead of the soft factory bushings or a slightly stiffer urethane bushing they utilize spherical bearings. Because of the way the loading is applied to the toe rods, the real controlling factor on how well they perform is through the bearings. By eliminating any potential binding because of the bearings, the rod will be able to perform to it's capacity.

Plus, you can find a set of take-offs in the marketplace for under $100 (bought mine for $70).

For the price, you could also look into the Spohn brand carried by JDP. Their bushings are a little stiffer than BMR, and the prices are comperable. Another option would be to look at LSR.

You really can't go wrong with any of them.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:43 PM   #13
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
BMR, Spohn and DSE from most cost effective to best IMO. The biggest difference you will find between brands is weight, bushing material and arm material.

What bushings you go with will depend on your usage with the car. We have hands on experience with all of the above. Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions and I will be happy to explain the differences and benefits and help get you dialed in with the right parts to meet your application.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #14
forklord

Drives: 2010 2SS
BMR
2010 2SS- 562whp/634wtq 12 psi on3 turbo 78mm magnum /w aem truboost, pat g cam, Kooks 3" catback, Factory Rep 41s with 285/315 20" michelin PSS, Snow Meth, Hex Hood Vents, ZL1 FP & ADM FPCM /w JMS BAP, ID 850s, DSS lvl 4 axles & aluminum 1 piece D/S, Total Pro BMR bushings, fe4 sways, toe rods & trailing arms, Prothane engine mounts, MGW shifter, eaton true trac, mantic 9000 clutch, idealg master cylinder, JDP clutch oil reservoir, ram clutch pedal adjust, Tick clutch & bleed lines, Dewitts Rad
forklord is offline   Reply With Quote