Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-09-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
Poison
BEE-OTCH!

Drives: 94 Camaro z28
Talking New girl here.

So I just want to say that I have no clue how to take a car a part and what parts are what, but I know I'm in love with the Camaro. Anyway I just need some pointers on what some of you guys are doing to save extra ca$h.

Thanksss,
Jen

Poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:58 PM   #2
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Hey, welcome to the forums! There are some other ladies on this thread too so you're not alone! Anywas, I don't know if you're in college, but best advice is just to not buy anything for the next year lol. Except for what you need of course, but thats basically what I am doing lol.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:59 PM   #3
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
welcome
drivingincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:02 PM   #4
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Welcome to the site, dont worry, you will learn alot here...i decided not to get my flat panel tv, saved me a couple grand
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:07 PM   #5
Poison
BEE-OTCH!

I shall cut up my credit cards.. mentally. No really it helps just to hear from others! It's like you guys could be the "little voice" in my head

Old 04-09-2008, 11:40 PM   #6
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison View Post
I shall cut up my credit cards.. mentally. No really it helps just to hear from others! It's like you guys could be the "little voice" in my head
Hi NEW GIRL!

Below is a post Quoted from FBODFATHER (HE'S a BIG WIG at GM) and has been connected and or worked VERY closely on the Camaro from its birth in 1967. When I hear words like this from the TOP GUYS (can't emphasize that enough) This inspires me to buy one scoop of ice cream instead of two (thats a LARGE sacrifice to me) and to save every last penny I have for the BIGGEST BADEST CAMARO EVER! (I’m praying, but If not I'll have to settle for a used C6 corvette) but I’m confident this Camaro will rock your world. So keep the faith! You’ll never regret it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The past couple of weeks has seen several unauthorized photos leaked to the public -- they've all caught us by surprise -- and, as you know by now, Mr. Bob Lutz has ordered that we remove all the cammo off of the mules and early builds...and in fact Mr. Ed Peper is encouraging you to actively look for Camaros on the road and to take pics of them.....

The overwhelming response has been positive -- altho. the first couple of days after each picture hits the net -- we have some 'rough spots' -- in terms of comments and behavior.....

That is probably not a bad thing because -- in most cases (not all) people are passionate about this car............

I want everyone to think about something.....

There are a lot of GM's -- in fact the industry's finest -- working on this car.

We want this to be the best Camaro ever -- in terms of straight out performance-- in terms of ride and handling for every-day use -- but also the best in terms of handing on a road course as well. (some of you forget that the late 4th gen cars will STILL shame most of what's on the road today......regardless of price...) -- and we want it to be the best in terms of interior comfort and quietness.........

We want this Camaro to be a car you WANT to drive everyday -- no matter where you're going -- no matter what the traffic conditions are.... We want it to put a smile on your face everytime you open the door and get in and fire up the engine.

BUT -- (pay attention) -- we are concentrating on something else as well....

PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP.......

Yes -- PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP....

We want you to go out and climb into one of these new Camaros -- we want you to fire up the engine -- we want to actually SEE the look on your face as you floor the accelerator for the first time

(PUT THAT SEATBELT ON........) --

.......we want you to be so blown away that you can't write the check or sign the papers fast enough.

......we want to watch as you park it somewhere and turn around - time and time again -- as you walk away from it - with that sense of pride that says "Yup -- THAT'S ALL MINE! -- beware, all of you who drive something so inferior........"

We want you to enjoy the respect this car will bring to those of you who take it to the track...

We want people who may not even KNOW what a Camaro is -- to take one look -- and say "OMG -- what is that and where do I sign?"

We take this very seriously -- very seriously. Most of us were around to watch in mourning as the 4th gen 'rode off into the sunset' -- believe me -- you don't KNOW what pain that was for most of us -- you don't KNOW the sleepless nights -- and painful days. Yes -- it was very much like losing a child to some of us. (no -- I'm NOT kidding....)

So - just understand that we know there's a high expectation -- and we intend to meet those expectations. WE have a lot at stake here -- this is our livelihood -- and it's our PASSION............

Yup -- not everyone will like the console gages -- but for every one who doesn't like 'em, I -think we'll have at least one -- probably a lot more -- that think they're the 'cat's jammies." And another won't like the back-up lamps -- and another may not like the interior fabric....but we think that overall -- this Camaro is gonna BLOW YOU AWAY.................

So - enjoy the pics -- keep the CIVILIZED discussion going -- but PLEASE WAIT to draw final conclusions until after you've touched and felt a new Camaro in person.

'Nuff said for now.........
Old 04-09-2008, 11:59 PM   #7
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
^Good tid bit to pass along Noodles!

Welcome Jen!
Old 04-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #8
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
^Good tid bit to pass along Noodles!

Welcome Jen!
I was sold after reading this...so I thought It sould be passed on to inspire those folks who are on the fence or need alittle inspiration!

KEEP THE FAITH....CAN I GET AN AMEN!
Old 04-10-2008, 12:08 AM   #9
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
Ok welcome and here are a few tid bits of info

:notheadlights:

nuff said
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:11 AM   #10
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Welcome to the Jungle!

This is best site for you Camaro fix. I'm not obsessed, I'm pleasently passionate.

Seriously though, welcome and check out all the discussions and save those pennies.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:20 AM   #11
Poison
BEE-OTCH!

I especially like the part where fbodfather writes:

......we want to watch as you park it somewhere and turn around - time and time again -- as you walk away from it - with that sense of pride that says "Yup -- THAT'S ALL MINE! -- beware, all of you who drive something so inferior........"

For sure. Thanks NOODLES.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:22 AM   #12
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
So I just want to say that I have no clue how to take a car a part and what parts are what, but I know I'm in love with the Camaro. Anyway I just need some pointers on what some of you guys are doing to save extra ca$h.

Thanksss,
Jen
I don't know much about building cars either, but I have learned a lot about how things work since I joined. I do know how to be cheap. First off, I pay for most things in cash. Its harder to hand $80 over than a piece of plastic, plus there is no interest to pay. I have a personal weekly cash budget for things like food and entertainment. Anything left over I set aside, then buy things like my stereo when I have enough. Avoid eating out, take a lunch when possible -this is also healthier. Thirdly, cars are expensive -gas, insurance, repairs. If you can avoid owning one you will save a ton of cash. If you do need a car, make sure that it is properly maintained -tire pressure, regular oil changes, little things like that. And don't drive agressively. Stomping on the gas, then the brakes wastes them both. Doing those things have saved me alot while I've been at university. Its going to save me more while I wait to buy my Camaro in a couple years.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:25 AM   #13
09camaroSS

Drives: 2005 Mazda 3
welcome. I love that picture you have in your posts. Who did it and how can I get a copy?
Old 04-10-2008, 12:26 AM   #14
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Hi Jenn, and WELCOME! It's good to have another Californian on the boards.

Anyways, I can either echo what people have said and say something random. No new handbags or shoes for the next year. =P