Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #6763
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Go BearZ!!! I grew up in the burbs.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #6764
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Regarding the Hot Wheels Camaro, I really would love to see that hood produced. Really!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #6765
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Regarding the Hot Wheels Camaro, I really would love to see that hood produced. Really!
You are not alone. If GM doesn't produce you know that a company like ACS will. We scanned the 2011 SEMA Camaro brochure and have it posted as a PDF. This is the Hot Wheels spread from the brochure.

I'll get the links at the office tomorrow.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #6766
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Moving to Chicago....................can't be a Bears fan.................must...............resist..... ............da Behrss
Old 11-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #6767
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Moving to Chicago....................can't be a Bears fan.................must...............resist..... ............da Behrss
Audi?
Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #6768
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I can't believe I am going to post this...

My buddies and I started traveling to Detroit for our 'other' home game. Our first trip was in 1980. We were used to the old Soldier's Field. That meant one urinal for every 5,000 seats, but most didn't work so it was 1 for 10,000 seats which is why almost anything that resembled a 'drain' was used as one We are at the Silverdome which was state-of-the-art in 80. Plenty of clean rest rooms. Wow what a concept. I walk in and there might be a line two deep. As I walk in another group from Chicago follows. They start using the sinks. A Detroit fan asks politely what you are doing. A Chicago guy responds stuff a sock in it we do this all the time

The new Soldier's Field is a great place to watch a game. It is very different than the new Ford Field which is a great place to watch a game too. There is something about the Chicago skyline, the lake front, the weather that makes it really unique. I was at this game with my Dad. I think it was the last game I took him too. We moved and gave up our season tickets. I have been to a fair number of games since with my wife and kids, but this game was memorable.

Speaking of Wilbur Marshall what a group of linebackers he played with Otis Wilson and Mike Singletary. Now that is one of the all time great groups. Funny thing is the Giants had a pretty damn good group in '85. Led by Harry Carson and Lawrence Taylor. Anyone remember August Curley from the '85 Lions, but they do have Vanden Bosch, Farley and Suh now. People will remember their names.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #6769
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
It's survival without such crutches is a testament to its integrity.

That's really what stickies are, imho...crutches so you "can't" forget something as it disappears down the list.
Very eloquent Joe...and I would like to take that a bit further to say, as with Chevy, Shno's House of Z Runs Deep....
Old 11-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #6770
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Shno's House of Z Runs Deep....
Old 11-14-2011, 10:29 PM   #6771
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
This would be off topic is we weren't talking about D' BEARZ

I remember watching a Monday Night BEARZ game. The Bears we awful that season and worse that night except for Butkus. He hadn't practiced all week becuase of his knees. He was all over the field. It seemed he made every tackle. When he went to the side lines no one would come near him. He was bleeding across the bridge of his nose and knuckles on both hands, alone something like John Wayne in the Searchers. It was classic, absolutely classic BEARZ and NFL.

Bill George, Butkus, Singletary and now Urlacher have to be the best four middle linebackers to ever play for a franchise. Some may argue other Mikes may have been better individually, but four Hall of Famers at one position from one franchise? Well I am counting one prematurely, but I do expect Urlacher to join this group.

For those who don't know, Coach Halas and a few others started the NFL in the Hupmobile show room. He got the idea from Coach Zupke at the University of Illinois when Zupke told the graduating seniors -- just when you learn to play, you leave the game. The Bears were originally the Decatur Staleys 'pro' team. Halas acquired the rights and moved the team to Chicago. The orange and blue uniforms are a nod to the University of Illinois. Butkus went to Chicago Vocational High School in Chicago, then to University of Illinois to a Hall of Fall career with the Bears. For those of us that grew up in Chicago and attended the University of Illinois being a D' BEARZ is no different than breathing and the NFL the equivalent of water.
Agreed Pete, and let us not forget to mention Sweetness, one of the greatest ever...what a storied franchise, let's hear it for Da Bears....<from a guy on the East Coast>
Old 11-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #6772
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Agreed Pete, and let us not forget to mention Sweetness, one of the greatest ever...what a storied franchise, let's hear it for Da Bears....<from a guy on the East Coast>
I was very fortunate to become friends with him after he retired. The football career was incredible, but what really matters is how much his friends and family loved him.

This is iconic Walter Payton at work. He used it as a Christmas Card.

I only have one picture of Walter, my wife and me. It is in my office and was taken on our first visit to his office. The first time I heard him say this was in a TV interview after they lost to the 49s in '84. After we met, he seemed to bring this up in many conversations.

"Remember, tomorrow is promised to no one."

How how did he know???
Old 11-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #6773
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I can't believe I am going to post this...

My buddies and I started traveling to Detroit for our 'other' home game. Our first trip was in 1980. We were used to the old Soldier's Field. That meant one urinal for every 5,000 seats, but most didn't work so it was 1 for 10,000 seats which is why almost anything that resembled a 'drain' was used as one We are at the Silverdome which was state-of-the-art in 80. Plenty of clean rest rooms. Wow what a concept. I walk in and there might be a line two deep. As I walk in another group from Chicago follows. They start using the sinks. A Detroit fan asks politely what you are doing. A Chicago guy responds stuff a sock in it we do this all the time

The new Soldier's Field is a great place to watch a game. It is very different than the new Ford Field which is a great place to watch a game too. There is something about the Chicago skyline, the lake front, the weather that makes it really unique. I was at this game with my Dad. I think it was the last game I took him too. We moved and gave up our season tickets. I have been to a fair number of games since with my wife and kids, but this game was memorable.

Speaking of Wilbur Marshall what a group of linebackers he played with Otis Wilson and Mike Singletary. Now that is one of the all time great groups. Funny thing is the Giants had a pretty damn good group in '85. Led by Harry Carson and Lawrence Taylor. Anyone remember August Curley from the '85 Lions, but they do have Vanden Bosch, Farley and Suh now. People will remember their names.

I knew you were good people, this just confirms it.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:27 AM   #6774
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I believe "someone" has the chrome "hood stacks" available...

EDIT: Sorry, more the '68-'69 style, available from Phastek:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180378 ...1/2 way down Page 1.

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 11-15-2011 at 09:48 AM.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #6775
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
...and then, for a few brief shining moments, there was a man named McMahon...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #6776
Uneducated Guess
'12 ZL1 #742

Drives: his wife crazy
mind if I hang out here for awhile until the dust settles from the announcements of the price and GT500? Things are getting crazy in the other threads.
Uneducated Guess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014