Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #99
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TA219 View Post
Ditto, Onstar currently sees the other cars vin when I call in, oddly enough, the other car was an IOM SS also, so initially I thought that they had the right information. My call was interrupted and I havent contacted onstar again to try to sort it all out. I may try again this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving41 View Post
Same here, except they see a red SS instead of my IBM!
Hey, as long as you guys have the feature(s) you want, then I congratulate you!!! Enjoy your new-found "toy" and please keep us updated if you guys encounter anything odd or awesome!!!

Old 12-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #100
SS Drifter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Anyone have the pin outs or wiring diagram between the Onstar and head unit?

I'm looking for a mute line but I'm beginning to think this is communicated across the low speed lan.
SS Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #101
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

I take it the schematics on the following link don't help :

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33592

SS Drifter...are you onto something

Old 12-22-2009, 01:52 AM   #102
SS Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
I take it the schematics on the following link don't help :

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33592

SS Drifter...are you onto something

I've been over those schematics a hundred times and don't see anything that looks like a mute line . (If I'm missing the obvious let know.) After searching several sites my conclusion/theory is that the Onstar mute must come across the low speed LAN. There are LAN interfaces for hands free units on other GM/Onstar vehicles so it's probably just a matter of time before there's an aftermarket solution for the gen 5 Camaro. In the meantine, I'll try using a solid state relay to shutdown the amp.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:03 AM   #103
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Drifter View Post
I've been over those schematics a hundred times and don't see anything that looks like a mute line . (If I'm missing the obvious let know.) After searching several sites my conclusion/theory is that the Onstar mute must come across the low speed LAN. There are LAN interfaces for hands free units on other GM/Onstar vehicles so it's probably just a matter of time before there's an aftermarket solution for the gen 5 Camaro. In the meantine, I'll try using a solid state relay to shutdown the amp.
I believe you may be referring to solutions such as BlueStar? If so, the thing with that is that you lose all OnStar capabilities...but you get Bluetooth!!!
Old 12-22-2009, 12:34 PM   #104
SS Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
I believe you may be referring to solutions such as BlueStar? If so, the thing with that is that you lose all OnStar capabilities...but you get Bluetooth!!!
Thanks for the tip! I just finised reviewing the Bluestar site costartech.com and it seems to support a mute function (5V=no mute, <1V=mute.) However, I didn't see the 2010 Camaro listed in the Bluestar application guide. Do you know what GM LAN the Camaro using for the Onstar unit? Is it 11-bit, 29-bit or other?

IMO, the hands free function of Onstar or Bluestar is less important without other mods. The OEM microphone is poorly placed or of poor quality. I've had several people say that is sounds like I'm speaking from a tunnel and Onstar commands usually need repeating several times. It's Ok when stopped, marginal at slow speeds and unsable at highway speed for practical purposes. Sound deadening, a better microphone and mic placement would be at the top of my list for any business use of hands free in the Camaro.

The Bluestar will offer mute capability with a Passport 9500ci and that's my primary goal at this time. Thanks again.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #105
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Drifter View Post
Thanks for the tip! I just finised reviewing the Bluestar site costartech.com and it seems to support a mute function (5V=no mute, <1V=mute.) However, I didn't see the 2010 Camaro listed in the Bluestar application guide. Do you know what GM LAN the Camaro using for the Onstar unit? Is it 11-bit, 29-bit or other?

IMO, the hands free function of Onstar or Bluestar is less important without other mods. The OEM microphone is poorly placed or of poor quality. I've had several people say that is sounds like I'm speaking from a tunnel and Onstar commands usually need repeating several times. It's Ok when stopped, marginal at slow speeds and unsable at highway speed for practical purposes. Sound deadening, a better microphone and mic placement would be at the top of my list for any business use of hands free in the Camaro.

The Bluestar will offer mute capability with a Passport 9500ci and that's my primary goal at this time. Thanks again.
Cool, glad to know you found the information you needed!!! I believe the person I talked to said that their GMLAN-29 kit should work in the Camaro. As always, please keep us posted on any information or work performed!
Old 12-22-2009, 02:38 PM   #106
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
I'm not sure how this equates to GMLAN-11/29 but codeman referred to the bus in the Camaro as being GM's new "Global A" architecture.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:37 PM   #107
SS Drifter

Thanks for the help. Will let you know if the new Bluestar 2010 supports the Camaro.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #108
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

SS Drifter, if OnStar isn't needed in your case, Bluestar should work perfectly!
Old 12-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #109
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Sorry to hijack this, but it is needed to be bumped! We are working on an aftermarket solution to the Bluetooth issue with a product called BlueStar 2010 from the company CoStar ( http://www.costartech.com).

http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57275

A group buy has been started and we need at least 10 people to get the discount! Visit the thread link above for more information. Happy Holidays!!!
Old 12-27-2009, 05:16 PM   #110
technoside2

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Send a message via AIM to technoside2
I ordered these parts from http://www.oehq.com/oeparts_20842731...M%20MODULE.htm and we'll see what happens when I get this all installed. Hopefully my onstar will still be working. But as long as I have Bluetooth I don't really care.

Last edited by technoside2; 12-27-2009 at 10:47 PM.
technoside2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #111
SS Drifter

Technoside2

Let us know how this works out. Some of us are going Onstar delete with Bluestar.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #112
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
yeah let us know if they will actually ship that part out to you.
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote