Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #225
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Z28 is not on the plan for 2014.

Moreover, I cant understand why everyone is anxious for the Z28, it was nothing before and I dont see a reason for GM to make it something .
What do you mean it was nothing before?
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #226
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:

Moreover, I cant understand why everyone is anxious for the Z28, it was nothing before and I dont see a reason for GM to make it something .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
What do you mean it was nothing before?
Old 02-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #227
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:

Prepare for butthurt with that kind of talk, especially when you don't know the history of the Z28.

Learn something nub:
http://www.67z28.com/history.htm
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...y/viewall.html
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #228
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
lol
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #229
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Prepare for butthurt with that kind of talk, especially when you don't know the history of the Z28.

Learn something nub:
http://www.67z28.com/history.htm
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...y/viewall.html
Ahh the good old days when you could get a cold air intake and headers in the trunk of your car from the factory... I bet it still had a warranty too.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Old 02-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #230
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Ahh the good old days when you could get a cold air intake and headers in the trunk of your car from the factory... I bet it still had a warranty too.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
I remember when GM had planned to have parts like that with the fifth gen, then it never happened. I'd love to have multiple engine options from the factory like back in those days.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #231
Firefighter

Looks like the closest we'll get is the GMPP catalog and a voided warranty... I plan to have them add the ZL1 brakes to my 1LE before delivery. I'm guessing I'll wait a year or so before voiding my warranty. I doubt I will last that long though.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #232
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Looks like the closest we'll get is the GMPP catalog and a voided warranty... I plan to have them add the ZL1 brakes to my 1LE before delivery. I'm guessing I'll wait a year or so before voiding my warranty. I doubt I will last that long though.

The GMPP catalog is actually a pretty good selection of stuff. Now if they would just expand it to carry more. Ive debated whether or not to upgrade to ZL1 brakes, it all depends on how much the kit ends up being vs ordering the CTS-V part numbers. The markup on some of the ZL1 parts are crazy compared to the same parts on the CTS-V.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #233
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
The GMPP catalog is actually a pretty good selection of stuff. Now if they would just expand it to carry more. Ive debated whether or not to upgrade to ZL1 brakes, it all depends on how much the kit ends up being vs ordering the CTS-V part numbers. The markup on some of the ZL1 parts are crazy compared to the same parts on the CTS-V.
Yeah this is one of the reasons I am waiting to order my 1LE. I'm probably going to have to pull the trigger in the next 2-3 weeks regardless of the release of the GMPP pricing.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #234
SS>GT

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
Intriguing: V6 fascia, V8 brakes, NPP system... VERY intriguing but it could be anything really
its a v8 fascia...
SS>GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #235
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyemike View Post
So if it's a 400 hp TT V6, you wouldn't go for it?
I probably would not. That's less horsepower than the natural aspirated SS, versus the "twin" turbo to boot. That would have to be a weak V6.
It all depends on the torque and the way it moves out. But, if it were me, I'd be leaning towards not interested than interested.
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #236
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS>GT View Post
its a v8 fascia...
The original V8 fascia, they were going to stick with it because of the concept but it just didn't let enough air in.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #237
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Anyone happen to notice the XM antenna is not body colored? That kind of says the car is either a '10 or '11 model. Or is that only an RS/SS thing for '12 and later?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #238
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
Anyone happen to notice the XM antenna is not body colored? That kind of says the car is either a '10 or '11 model. Or is that only an RS/SS thing for '12 and later?
I think it's a preproduction test mule.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote