Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-27-2008, 07:48 PM   #155
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
210...actually. The mustang has a 210hp V6. Just thought I'd point it out.
lol Indeed the 4.0 V6 puts out 210 lol if it had any more my mom wouldnt own one right now
Old 05-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #156
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor

Drives: 04 stang GT
This is my first post after lurking for a year, but let me just say, if I do get a new maro, it will probably be the v-6 if it is the 24v DI. 2 reasons.
1. I foresee much tuning potential with the v-6. If they put it in the camaro more companies will make aftermarket parts and you will probly be able to juice it up to around 400 hp with N/A tuning and bolt-ons [this has been done on many a 350z].
2. Everyone who thinks they're going to get an LS3 camaro for $32k has been smoking that rock. They are much more likely to be in the $37-39k range for the base v-8 judging from the placement of the G8 GXP relative to the Charger SRT-8 to create an estimate based on what the MSRP of a challenger is. Chevy won't sell nearly as many of the v-8 Camaro's but will definitely be getting what they know they can get for one. The v-8 will be super sweet though [if you can afford one]. -:-)
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #157
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuprDispatchQuestionVisor View Post
2. Everyone who thinks they're going to get an LS3 camaro for $32k has been smoking that rock. They are much more likely to be in the $37-39k range for the base v-8 judging from the placement of the G8 GXP relative to the Charger SRT-8 to create an estimate based on what the MSRP of a challenger is. Chevy won't sell nearly as many of the v-8 Camaro's but will definitely be getting what they know they can get for one. The v-8 will be super sweet though [if you can afford one]. -:-)
Well, if that's what you believe after reading here for a year...who's smoking that rock?

Whatever V8 they put in the 'base' model -- Hell, even if they put in the LS7 -- it HAS to be competetively priced with the Mustang GT. End of story. So, if GM decides to put the LS3 in the base car, then you will be able to get a LS3 Camaro for under 30k.

Oh, and welcome to the site, "officially".
I hope you like it around here
Old 05-28-2008, 02:13 PM   #158
Sphinx002

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuprDispatchQuestionVisor View Post
I've never smoked anything

I've owned more new cars over the last few years than I care to admit

I keep track of the Auto world far more than most.

I also listened to people just like you tell the world that the G8GT wouldn't be under 35K. Massive arguments about it. The aussie exchange rate et al. Guess what? They were wrong. Guess what? The cost differential between the LS3 and the L76 to manufacture is negligible. The Camaro won't have to be shipped clear across the world. The exchange rate is better with Canada. The labor rates for Canada are better than in Australia. It will be much cheaper to manufacture the zeta platform there.

Your comments about the GXP aren't relevant for all the reasons stated above.

The Camaro V8 will start below 30K. Period.
Sphinx002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #159
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Well, if that's what you believe after reading here for a year...who's smoking that rock?
Well Dragon, he'll just have to be pleasantly happy when he's wrong on the start price for the V8 base and I will be using the money saved to buy my co-workers a round of drinks.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:43 PM   #160
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Why would Camaro's base V8 model cost more than the G8? I don't think that argument holds up well.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:17 PM   #161
RCowan

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Check the photo, there is another hood strut attachment point on the hood on the driver's side. That would be dumb as hell to just have one way over on one side. You'd get cracks at the mounting areas quickly.
RCowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #162
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCowan View Post
Check the photo, there is another hood strut attachment point on the hood on the driver's side. That would be dumb as hell to just have one way over on one side. You'd get cracks at the mounting areas quickly.
Welcome to the site, and Great Eye. Seriously!

I want to remark again how cool that bowtie on the inside of the hood is. Awesome touch, GM! (Would be cool, too, if they embossed "CAMARO" like the concept's font style.)
Old 05-29-2008, 12:19 AM   #163
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:

Whatever V8 they put in the 'base' model -- Hell, even if they put in the LS7 -- it HAS to be competetively priced with the Mustang GT. End of story. So, if GM decides to put the LS3 in the base car, then you will be able to get a LS3 Camaro for under 30k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx002 View Post
I've never smoked anything

I've owned more new cars over the last few years than I care to admit

I keep track of the Auto world far more than most.

I also listened to people just like you tell the world that the G8GT wouldn't be under 35K. Massive arguments about it. The aussie exchange rate et al. Guess what? They were wrong. Guess what? The cost differential between the LS3 and the L76 to manufacture is negligible. The Camaro won't have to be shipped clear across the world. The exchange rate is better with Canada. The labor rates for Canada are better than in Australia. It will be much cheaper to manufacture the zeta platform there.

Your comments about the GXP aren't relevant for all the reasons stated above.

The Camaro V8 will start below 30K. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post
Well Dragon, he'll just have to be pleasantly happy when he's wrong on the start price for the V8 base and I will be using the money saved to buy my co-workers a round of drinks.
(X)3
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:17 AM   #164
Dark Eric

Drives: 1998 Pontiac Firebird
Lets just pray its affordable if its the LS3. It might be around the GTO's 2006 pricing. Especially if we expect a 420+ HP V8. I guess Chevy expects the V6 at 300HP should be priced at the Mustang GTs pricing, there is a post here quoted from Bob Lutz that the Camaro would be above the Mustang, so the 2.0 liter T4 at 260HP would make short work of the Mustang 4.0 liter V6. Maybe thats how they'll keep the Camaro V8 pricing above the Mustang GT.

Last edited by Dark Eric; 05-30-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Dark Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:31 AM   #165
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:

when the stang gets its new engine the price is going to rise you know, still dont see a 430HP car under 30K just have not been done before dont see it being done now

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:39 AM   #166
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
when the stang gets its new engine the price is going to rise you know, still dont see a 430HP car under 30K just have not been done before dont see it being done now
You STILL doubt? (sigh) Then I give up!
Old 05-30-2008, 06:04 PM   #167
85IROC

Drives: 85iroc 89rs 97rs
you guys see the bow tie no the under side of the hood. nice touch
85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:03 PM   #168
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor

Drives: 04 stang GT
Quote:

Excellent point, except that the GXP model [that's the one w/ the LS3 which we pretty much know is going to be the v-8 for the camaro and likely the only one from what the Fbodfather has told us] is going to be just under $40K according to this http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/au...ntiacg8gxp1500 and this http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/4474 so I guess I have a valid point there and check out what motortrend estimates that dodge will be charging for a challenger http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...rt8/specs.html . Ohh what's this, $37,995 you say. Well I'm sure that logic and reasoning is just dumb and that we should buy whatever every 16 year old who wants to feel like an expert on the subject says about anything. You'll probably be able to get a new Camaro with an LS3 with 405 HP and DoD for like $20. Hey, maybe they'll also start selling those new z06's for like $30k, that way I can afford one of those too. I'm sure they'll make plenty of money that way.

Seriously though, you shouldn't believe things that random dudes post on the internet, you'll get your hopes up only to to have them shot down when this sweet car gets released next year. And if by the grace of god chevy does sell these v-8's super cheap, then I will be camping outside of the factory next year like a nerd eagerly awaiting a new star wars movie.[not that there's anything wrong with star wars]
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor is offline   Reply With Quote