Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 08-28-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Austin Members going to Texas Motor Speedway 9-11?

Any one from the Austin area going to the 9-11 Lap for Charity at TMS? I am interested in going and see if we can go up there as a group.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
adub4185

Drives: 2010 2SS RS, 2023 Camaro ZLE
Send a message via AIM to adub4185
Just so you know our club, Lone Star Camaro, will be out there with a group numbering 70 camaros now. We are meeting at classic Chevrolet at noon on 9/11 for lunch provided by classic and then we are heading over to the 9/11 foundation for pictures. Our laptime is at 5:30 and you are welcome to join us for any of the festivities. You don't have to be a club member to participate and I would love to meet some Austin guys as I'm down there a lot. Hope to see a lot of you guys up here.
adub4185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #3
import_killa

Drives: 2SS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbui View Post
Any one from the Austin area going to the 9-11 Lap for Charity at TMS? I am interested in going and see if we can go up there as a group.
theres atleast a couple of us going up from Fort Hood
1 7/8 AR headers, roto-fab CAI with radiator, fuse box, and valve cover, cam, upgraded fuel system with 85lb injectors, under drive pulley, TVS 2300 S/C, muffler delete, aftermarket wheels, AAC headlights fogs sidemarkers footwell dome and trunk lights.....That's 659.9 RWHP 611.9RWTQ

T
import_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:00 AM   #4
kbui

When are you guys heading out? I am thinking now I might go up there Friday night and stay at my in-laws if the wife decides to come up there with me.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
Old 09-03-2010, 07:33 AM   #5
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
I'm heading up also. We definately need to get the people comeing from this area together and convoy. It will be a blast. I love watching peoples faces when they see a line of sweet rides rolling down the highway.
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #6
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCowboy View Post
I'm heading up also. We definately need to get the people comeing from this area together and convoy. It will be a blast. I love watching peoples faces when they see a line of sweet rides rolling down the highway.
Glad you decided to add your name in there...

I'm from just south of Austin and a member of the San Antonio C5 Chapter... I'm still hoping some more of them will sign up and go....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:04 PM   #7
Flyin'Camaros
BumbleBee is my Hero...

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Black M6
I am joining the convoy as they come thru(Waco) that SSE 4 2SS and anyone one else that is driving up with him. Hopfully quite a few. Any one up the I35 also going up that would like to drive up, let us know..We can coordinate.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #8
Happy Pappy
Sam & Marsha

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Black
Wife, son and I are going. I hope we can get some more out of the Austin San Antonio area to join in. We did this in May and had a Great time. I signed up with the Lone Star Camaro group which is now up over 80 cars for this event. I plan on leaving Saturday morning. Still need to work out the details for place to meet.
Happy Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:36 AM   #9
kbui

I thought the Lone Star guys are going to meet at Classic's before heading over to the track? There are 2 Camaro groups at different track times. Are you going to do both Sam? (-:

Old 09-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #10
Happy Pappy
Sam & Marsha

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbui View Post
I thought the Lone Star guys are going to meet at Classic's before heading over to the track? There are 2 Camaro groups at different track times. Are you going to do both Sam? (-:
No, I am planing on meeting at Classic with the Lone Star group and then running with them. They are meeting at Classic from 12:00-2:00 so I plan on getting there around 12:00-12:30.
Happy Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #11
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Pappy View Post
No, I am planing on meeting at Classic with the Lone Star group and then running with them. They are meeting at Classic from 12:00-2:00 so I plan on getting there around 12:00-12:30.
I was planning on getting there between 12:00 and 12:30 also... Those in South Austin and San Antonio, I know you may not all have a TexTag, but from South Austin to North of Georgetown, it is by far the easiest route. I was hoping we from the South side could meet maybe in the Kyle, Buda area and head north on 35 to the toll road and skirt the heaviest traffic. They have a pay by mail feature that prevents you from having to stop at each gate... It costs a little more but it's still only like 15 dollars or less for the entire run... which is about 45 miles avoiding the Austin and Roundrock traffic....

Those South wanting to join up, let me know...
Those North we could pick a spot north maybe in the Temple belton area or even in Waco and have Fly'in Camaros coordinate a meet spot in Waco for the run north.... I know it's a Saturday, but I'm thinking leaving the South Austin area between 8:00 and 8:30,

Opinions...???

Fly'in, it's 100 miles from the Kyle / Buda area to Waco.... figure and hour and a half, if we take the toll road, maybe 15 to 20 minutes longer(depending on traffic) if we stay on 35...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Last edited by SSE 4 2SS; 09-05-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:52 PM   #12
Flyin'Camaros
BumbleBee is my Hero...

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Black M6
Sounds good.. I will get in touch with you in the next couple days. I will tentatively plan on around 10am on North side of Waco (Lake Shore/I35) if anyone in the area wants to meet up there...If you need a quick pit stop..it is a great Exit to stop, gas, snack..big church parking lot as well.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #13
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
I need a time and place to meet up in Waco or Temple and I will bet there to join in the fun.
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #14
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCowboy View Post
I need a time and place to meet up in Waco or Temple and I will bet there to join in the fun.
Hook up with Fly'in Camaro's in Waco as per his directions around 10:00 am and I'll see if Happy Pappy wants to meet up with me and we will meet you guys there....

I don't think anyone else is going to make it from San Antonio...always subject to change, but as of right now....