Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #15
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
You might be able to get one of the first ones in August. I wouldn't count on it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Then plan on buying a 2010, because 2011s won't hit dealers till mid-late sept the earliest. This is no change from any other GM vehicle and GM never said anything different.
The Camaro was released earlier this year whats the deal with the long model year? By time the 2011's come out the 2010 model year will have lasted a year and a half.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #16
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
The trunk is big enough to fit a body. No problem getting someone in there that's still alive in from the airport
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #17
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA FAST View Post
The Camaro was released earlier this year whats the deal with the long model year? By time the 2011's come out the 2010 model year will have lasted a year and a half.
The plan was always to have a long initial model year, otherwise if they did 2009 it would be a short year with only 6 months of production. It didn't make sense and would have been confusing to the public.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:52 PM   #18
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
The plan was always to have a long initial model year, otherwise if they did 2009 it would be a short year with only 6 months of production. It didn't make sense and would have been confusing to the public.
it has been that way with many of the new vehicles GM has come out with lately... The Sky came out in March 2006 as a 2007 model for one of them.. I think the Equinox redesign came out mid year and even the Malibu redesign did...
Old 12-16-2009, 04:59 PM   #19
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTSquared View Post
The trunk is big enough to fit a body. No problem getting someone in there that's still alive in from the airport
A buddy owns a 2LT and I argued that the trunk was so small even a small person couldn't fit inside (He's 5'4"). He promptly popped the trunk and climbed in, looked up and said, "See! You're an idiot!" At which point, obviously, I said "Watch yer head!" and closed the trunk. BWAHAHAHA... Honestly, I can't believe he didn't see that one coming. I've got a picture of him getting out, all sheepish looking. If I can find it, I'll post it.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #20
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up. I am only waiting because I really want the HUD that is supposed to be offered in the 2011's. It's such a cool feature.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:42 PM   #21
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA FAST View Post
Quote:
Couldn't do that unless it was released in 2008. Model year must be greater than calender year at introduction. The other alternative would have been to just sit around and wait 3-6 months and start building the Camaro in the summer of 2009 ... maybe not.

Anyway, I'd say they start brand new models early for two main reasons: resale value and production ramp up. I think Fbodfather himself has said resale value is a part of it. And production ramp up, well thats just my own speculation. If it takes a couple months to go from 200 units a day to 500 (or what ever the case may be) then they'd need to add more time to compensate.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:02 PM   #22
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Couldn't do that unless it was released in 2008. Model year must be greater than calender year at introduction. The other alternative would have been to just sit around and wait 3-6 months and start building the Camaro in the summer of 2009 ... maybe not.

Anyway, I'd say they start brand new models early for two main reasons: resale value and production ramp up. I think Fbodfather himself has said resale value is a part of it. And production ramp up, well thats just my own speculation. If it takes a couple months to go from 200 units a day to 500 (or what ever the case may be) then they'd need to add more time to compensate.
Very interesting facts, thanks for providing them DG.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #23
67camaro99
Account Suspended

Drives: 67, 69, 99 +2010
Model Years are introduced October.
IE, 2011 will be ready to roll by Late Sept, Early October. Figure production starts for those models around August....
67camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:30 AM   #24
sen10l

Drives: In Transit
As much as I want to get this now, I have to have the height adjustable passenger seat which I heard the 2011 will have. No point having a hot car IMO if the wifey can't enjoy it too.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #25
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen10l View Post
As much as I want to get this now, I have to have the height adjustable passenger seat which I heard the 2011 will have. No point having a hot car IMO if the wifey can't enjoy it too.
Who says she cant enjoy it now? Get her to sit on a pillow, cushion, or phone book.

Problem solved.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:33 AM   #26
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen10l View Post
I wouldn't wait for the car for that. More than likely there will be a retrofit kit for 2010s to adjust the seat upward as per what I recall reading here.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote