Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #309
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
OMG TEH ABL IS HAXORZZ EPIC FAILZ

JK...i'm still waking up
Old 03-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #310
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Oh man, the sky is falling..Help us.

In all seriousness, I was simply asking what the official announcement was because I really didn't want to skim thru all these pages...I had and still have a major work related headache and could have used some good news. I guess I'll take getting my 1SS with cloth panel trim as good news..Now I'm just contemplating wether to get all black interior in cloth or the two tone grey..

My only question for anyone that may know, will the cloth panels be the same grey color with either the cloth black or the cloth grey?? If I get a black 1SS cloth interior, do the panels come in black cloth?? This is a really important and deciding factor perhaps in my ordering confessional mess I am currently in.. Don't get me started on being confused about the colors since today I saw an inferno orange metallic Hummer and it looked amazing from a distance. However it was very bright and sunny and outdoors and I do believe with that color comes all sorts of tickets vs the blending in cyber grey..
Did you read the first post of this thread? That's pretty darn official.
Yes, the door panels and dash inserts are the same color as the interior you choose. There's pictures of this in various places.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #311
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Yes, the door panels and dash inserts are the same color as the interior you choose. There's pictures of this in various places.
Quoted for Truth.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #312
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
HOLY!!! YOU MEAN THE ABL IS GOING TO BE IN THE DOORS ONLY!!!???!!!???
Tag your waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Behind!
Old 03-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #313
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Tag your waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Behind!
I'm pretty sure he's done that deliberately for this topic

PS - he's never behind

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 03-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #314
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Yes I read the first post..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Official word:

There have been many inquiries from customers who saw a very early pre-production photo of the Camaro interior. The photo displayed a blue ambient light traveling across the top of the door panel inserts and on to the dash. This early concept proved to be very popular, and the product team worked on developing a similar feature for the production model.

As a result an ambient lighting feature is now a standard condition with the start of production on all 2LT and 2SS models. This light will have a light blue tint with Black, Neutral and Gray interiors, and reddish-orange tint when the Inferno Orange Interior Package is ordered. This feature is only in the door panels and not across the dash as the concept photo originally illustrated.

This feature is not an orderable option, but will be included on all 2LT and 2SS models at the start of production. No action is required by the customers or dealers to receive this feature.

At the Cleveland Auto Show this weekend, we plan to show an image of how the light is displayed and answer questions.

Our goal was to have the look of the early rendering (and it was just a rendering -- never an announced feature), but there were a couple of issues with execution. In the end, a desire to have the highest quality look, fit and feel for the interior won out (which is the way it should be). I know some will be disappointed, but I still think in the end we have the best in class interior.
Where does it answer my question about the door trim being the same color as the cloth interior you choose?? But thank you for answering even though it was in a not so nice way...
Old 03-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #315
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Yes I read the first post..

Where does it answer my question about the door trim being the same color as the cloth interior you choose?? But thank you for answering even though it was in a not so nice way...
Sorry, I guess I was just a lil cranky. Didn't mean anything of it.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #316
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Oh man, the sky is falling..Help us.

In all seriousness, I was simply asking what the official announcement was because I really didn't want to skim thru all these pages...I had and still have a major work related headache and could have used some good news. I guess I'll take getting my 1SS with cloth panel trim as good news..Now I'm just contemplating wether to get all black interior in cloth or the two tone grey..

My only question for anyone that may know, will the cloth panels be the same grey color with either the cloth black or the cloth grey?? If I get a black 1SS cloth interior, do the panels come in black cloth?? This is a really important and deciding factor perhaps in my ordering confessional mess I am currently in.. Don't get me started on being confused about the colors since today I saw an inferno orange metallic Hummer and it looked amazing from a distance. However it was very bright and sunny and outdoors and I do believe with that color comes all sorts of tickets vs the blending in cyber grey..
So you're going to downgrade from leather seats, great-looking acrylic panels (with ambient lighting), better sound system, C&C package, etc... all because of this one picture? Is a blue/orange light really that important to you? This just baffles me...
Old 03-04-2009, 06:56 PM   #317
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Superman, i love tha ABL, but honestly, after playing with a 2SS yesterday, the C7C is definitly worth it, the Boston Accoustics was good, but i think UCF has the best advice on that, the one i was playing with didnt sound to great, maybe because the levels were way off and the song, but the leather, the acrylic panels(have not seen those in person yet) the C&C is definitly worth it, getting a 2SS is still amazing, sure the ABL sucks, it will be ok when we see it, it wouldve been amazing to get the whole dash but the 2SS or 2LT is worth it indefinitly
Old 03-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #318
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Superman, i love tha ABL, but honestly, after playing with a 2SS yesterday, the C7C is definitly worth it, the Boston Accoustics was good, but i think UCF has the best advice on that, the one i was playing with didnt sound to great, maybe because the levels were way off and the song, but the leather, the acrylic panels(have not seen those in person yet) the C&C is definitly worth it, getting a 2SS is still amazing, sure the ABL sucks, it will be ok when we see it, it wouldve been amazing to get the whole dash but the 2SS or 2LT is worth it indefinitly
"Boston Accoustics was good"

Just good?, that sux...:(

=bobby
Old 03-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #319
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
After learning that the Boston acoustics speakers are not going to be made in America, but made in China.(I'm partially joking about this btw )..I am going to cancel the Boston Acoustics as well. (money is also a factor because if I don't like the sound, I will be losing $500 and having to spend $1000 more) In all seriousness, I'm sure the interior in the 2SS trim level with the C&C, auto start, B&A, door trim ABL and the nice Leather is going to be nice and for those wanting leather and all the extra's, it is great).. However I don't need leather, in fact I prefer cloth, and I would buy C&C if it was a standalone option like B&A sound is, however I am thinking now this whole ABL fiasco might actually be a blessing in disguise for me. ABL and the C&C were the only two things making me interested in upgrading... Now I have on order a cyber grey 1SS with the B&A upgrade. However thanks to you, I am canceling the B&A as well and will be spending $1,000 or more on a much higher quality sound system instead Instead of wasting $500 on mediocre sound, and I am very picky about sound..

Last edited by Supermans; 03-04-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:51 PM   #320
TJ91

No no, lol dont cancel B&A, ask UCF for his input, to me and my brother it sounded average, but remember, i said the cars levels may have been off, lol i dont want to make you opt out of it and then regret it. I wish you could hear it first to confirm for it yourself. As for the leather vs cloth, i understand what your saying, they are both very good, great in fact, and soo if leather wasnt important to you, then you made a good decision, but let me get this straight because i forgot this, C&C can not be added to a 1SS? You have to get the 2SS? if thats true, thats just retarded.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:55 PM   #321
TJ91

I suggest you get the RS, i know it seems unreasonable because you basically have all of that on your SS anyways,, but they really sold me on the option yesterday. The HIDS are just amazing, he explained them in detail. But then agian, it might just be unnecessary. It is necessary on the v6s though
Good Luck with your decision Supermans,
Bobby, you should ask UCF, or try to hear it in person, you might love it, you might think the same as me
Old 03-04-2009, 10:57 PM   #322
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
No no, lol dont cancel B&A, ask UCF for his input, to me and my brother it sounded average, but remember, i said the cars levels may have been off, lol i dont want to make you opt out of it and then regret it. I wish you could hear it first to confirm for it yourself. As for the leather vs cloth, i understand what your saying, they are both very good, great in fact, and soo if leather wasnt important to you, then you made a good decision, but let me get this straight because i forgot this, C&C can not be added to a 1SS? You have to get the 2SS? if thats true, thats just retarded.
Might want to ask #3 in his thread as he may not read this one but I thought the BA system sounded pretty darn good. Maybe some of the other people who have heard it can chime in (gtahvit, RT21...?). I didn't pump the volume (I was at the auto show) but it was definitely above my current stock (upgraded Bose) system and my previous aftermarket system. If you want a better stereo than normal you're probably best off getting the package. But if you want an amazing system, you're probably best going aftermarket. But again, I didn't spend tons of time with the stereo doing comparisons or anything so just take it as this man's opinion.

Closed Thread