Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #15
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
great write up. wish i could drive to texas hehe
Old 06-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #16
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
It is worth the drive just for the Q. We have better BBQ sold out of gas stations than you can find out there ;-)

Are you coming to C5FEST?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #17
SPCBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
It is worth the drive just for the Q. We have better BBQ sold out of gas stations than you can find out there ;-)

Are you coming to C5FEST?
I miss Oklahoma's pork.

Wont be at fest.. Needs to be like in west texas next year and I will go....prob stay for a week or two and try to hit up some tracks as much as I could. I have brothers wearing green there.

Next year I really want to do one lap of america just need to find a co driver and a way to bring tools and tires and clothes and etc etc
Old 06-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #18
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
I miss Oklahoma's pork.

Wont be at fest.. Needs to be like in west texas next year and I will go....prob stay for a week or two and try to hit up some tracks as much as I could. I have brothers wearing green there.

Next year I really want to do one lap of america just need to find a co driver and a way to bring tools and tires and clothes and etc etc
Texas would be a great place for a C5FEST.

One Lap of America... I envision a grass roots network of support from C5 members and vendors. UPS clothes in advance. Return soiled clothing the same way. Stage the tires. Tools and pit crews on standby across the entire route
Old 06-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #19
SPCBA

Quote:
Texas would be a great place for a C5FEST.

One Lap of America... I envision a grass roots network of support from C5 members and vendors. UPS clothes in advance. Return soiled clothing the same way. Stage the tires. Tools and pit crews on standby across the entire route
thatd be fricken sweet. i figure ill have to get a hitch installed :( then tow a trailer with extra wheels and tires brake pads fluids tools etc then have a bag for me and co driver in the shelf area in back seat.

been readin about the first gen guy doing that with his. push comes to shove i can overnight pretty much anything now a days
Old 06-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #20
legacy

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
4100lbs? How much junk is actually in the trunk, isn't stock like ~3800? Do the power adders add that much weight?
Old 06-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #21
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy View Post
4100lbs? How much junk is actually in the trunk, isn't stock like ~3800? Do the power adders add that much weight?
Yep.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #22
SPCBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy View Post
Quote:
Yep.
power adders supporting mods and new block i was expecting a higher weight.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #23
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Wow Pete, just saw this!!!

Awesome write up. I've been disposed as a range officer at my local USPSA club. The past 3 days i have been officiating 300 shooters from all around the country and globe for that matter. Just spent 12 hrs today in the Texas sun and wind and 10 hrs yesterday. Match, called Double Tap Championship, ends tomorrow at about 1400 hrs....hopefully. This match is usually the 2nd or 3rd biggest pistol match in the nation. I have to mow my damn yard still.

I will give a write up as to my experience with this latest update to my extraordinary experience with Pedders when i recover a bit later in the week. Let me say the car is on frickin rails, if thats possible for a 4112 lb car!!!! Mine is!!!

Here's a little clip from the DTC match a couple years ago when i was an Range officer on stage 2. You can see my fat arse at the 41 second mark and up to the minute mark on the video of one of the better shooters. My job was to check for safety infractions record the hits and time for scoring purposes. Im in the white shirt with the clipboard.....I love paperwork btw!!! Couldnt find any vids of this years so far or last years but didnt look real hard...time for motrin, beer and bed!!!!!!!!!

Bull,

We have to plan some time so you can teach me to fly and shoot
Old 06-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #24
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Bull,

We have to plan some time so you can teach me to fly and shoot
Sounds like a plan, you, in exchange, teach me how to drive this car the way it was built to drive.

I just finished replacing my oil cooler with an Earls unit that is about 40% bigger (16 ROW) and the car is running no hotter than about 220deg in city driving when before it would get to about 240-250 with the small 9 row cooler.

CTS-V brakes and dts 70 pads and i will be ready for my first track day at ECR.....yellow group.... Till i get checked out.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #25
SPCBA

i must know how circut of america drives...when you going there?
Old 06-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #26
madmaxx18

Drives: 07_tundra/08_zo6
I've got cts-v brakes on order with rb brake rotors. Looking to possibly upgrade to to zl1 swaybars next and then get corner balanced. Would love to see Pete's shop!!! I really want to get my car set up to pull 1.3 G's...I don't know where to go from here I've bought everything I can think of to get set up per the book.
madmaxx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #27
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx18 View Post
I've got cts-v brakes on order with rb brake rotors. Looking to possibly upgrade to to zl1 swaybars next and then get corner balanced. Would love to see Pete's shop!!! I really want to get my car set up to pull 1.3 G's...I don't know where to go from here I've bought everything I can think of to get set up per the book.
Its not actually Pete's shop down in Fredericksberg, its the shop he uses and is 20 miles from Pedders. American Muffler and Brake. The rear ZL1 bar made a big difference over my Pedders FE3 32 mm bar. I love the camber plates BTW, takes about 2 minutes and Im at -2.7 deg camber.

I need to order the CTS-V brakes but am going with the CTS-V rotors per Pete's recommendation.

I've hit 1.46 Gs (measured on my Torque App) on a short radius 90 deg turn into my neighborhood. No push at all and only the slightest bit of looseness. The Pilot Super Sports and nice but not quite as grippy as my RE-11 Potenzas. Hopefully these will last longer.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #28
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Wow! nice Gs....

Aren't you worried about popping your side air bags? It's happened on a couple guys that road race. I think he said it was $3k to get them replaced at a dealer and he had to work hard to replace them on his own for $1.4k.

I pulled my air bag fuses at Eagles Canyon just in case. I would rather have piece of mind that they won't deploy. Just don't send your car off the track where you might actually need them.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote