Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #85
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Orange Krate no longer MIA!!!!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN... I give you (the cell phone version) Orange Krate!!! Turns out he is really a boy. He was delivered to the dealer this day at noontime on a Chinese junk coming around the Horn of Africa in typhoon season! Nonetheless he is here in one piece. Since I am in Maryland until Wednesday there won't be any good photos til then. I still have to sign the sales contract and then they will paint the ground effects and install them.

I am so excited that...oh never mind. More to come. There will be bubble gum cigars if I can find some to purchase.
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #86
LittleRockCGM

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM/IOM 2SS/RS
Hot Damn! Your in business! Can't wait to see some good shots of the boy!
3300 11/11/09 - Order Scheduled for Production (TPW 11/23/09)
3400 11/17/09 - Order Broadcast
3800 11/23/09 - Build Complete (VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9170886)
4000 11/26/09 - Ready to Ship
4200 11/30/09 - Shipped (ETTX854262)
5000 12/11/09 - Delivered to Dealer
6000 12/12/09 - Delivered to Customer (It's Mine!)
LittleRockCGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #87
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT'S A BOY FROM MARYLAND ??????
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:59 PM   #88
BigBlock427
ConceptZer0

Drives: 68 427 Camaro, 11 2SS/RS, 13 ZL1
CONGRATS welcome to the IOM fam
BigBlock427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:41 PM   #89
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
YIPEE!!! Congrats Orange Krate, It was a long time coming, and I am excited to see what it will look like when you get the ground effects installed!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:15 AM   #90
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRockCGM View Post
Hot Damn! Your in business! Can't wait to see some good shots of the boy!
I plan on getting some good shots as well as a music video will be done by a buddy and myself. It will be HD and should turn out OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT'S A BOY FROM MARYLAND ??????
It has grande huevos!The dealer told me he looked under the car and it has a nice set hanging. I don't know why he was peeking! HA HA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock427 View Post
CONGRATS welcome to the IOM fam
Thanks BigBlock! I wish I had the old Rat Motor 427 that was in my 66 Chevelle. I might just do something insane down the road! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWProductions View Post
YIPEE!!! Congrats Orange Krate, It was a long time coming, and I am excited to see what it will look like when you get the ground effects installed!
Ground effects arrived a couple of days ago but they wont start the paint job until I get home and sign the papers! Cant blame them. I will do the paperwork and then go to the AAA and get the license plates which have been on hold for 6 months. Will defer putting on front plate until I can procure my electric hide a plate. First order of business is dashmat and floor mats. Then I will pursue the gold pearl ghost stripes. So many things to do and so little time.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-07-2010, 04:09 AM   #91
carguy50

Drives: 2SS/RS, Sequntials,Tune,Flomstr,CAI
Orange Krate.....It's always greate to see other folks share my passion of quality cars. I too, appreciate the C5 website and the great information we share. I have had my 2SS/RS for over a year, and still look back ( with admiration ) every time I park this amazing car. I remember my order process as if it were yerterday. I even drove up to the Railhead in San Antonio, just to get a glance of her as she came off the railcar. Then I had to wait another 3 days for it to come down to my dealer. That was the worst part. Couldn't sleep or concentrate on work. I had it really bad. I recently turned 60, but every time I feel that power, i'm 25 all over again.
WELCOME and most of us share your passion. Be safe and your profession is greatly appreciated.
carguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:22 PM   #92
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
I'm excited to see the ghost stripes! Do you have a sample or picture of the color of the stripes?
Old 12-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #93
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

STRIPE PLANS

I seem to have misplaced the link so I am reposting. This is the type of paint color, perhaps a variation of these "old school" stripes will be painted. I love this scheme because it is subtle and doesnt take away from the cars color.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=546

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #94
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

I have an issue tonight. I just got some cell phone pics from my wife who went to see the car. The dealer in their excitement to get my car ready, literally jumped ahead and detailed it and PUT ON A FRONT LICENSE BRACKET!!!! I specifically told them to NOT install it and it was written down. I am pleased with the cars looks even from afar but I am truly fuming about this issue. Deal breaker? Heck no. But it is very disappointing because I have a plan for the car and now I have a bumper with HOLES!!!

UPDATE: Solution and win/win... since I have GFX it would appear the car is going to be too low to have the electric hide-a-plate. So I am going to have the dealer pull the bumper license bracket and shoot it IOM the same time the do the GFX painting. I think that will eliminate some of my frustration and also keep me compliant with Cali laws.
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-07-2010, 07:34 PM   #95
SwedeandBlondie

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS L99 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
I have an issue tonight. I just got some cell phone pics from my wife who went to see the car. The dealer in their excitement to get my car ready, literally jumped ahead and detailed it and PUT ON A FRONT LICENSE BRACKET!!!! I specifically told them to NOT install it and it was written down. I am pleased with the cars looks even from afar but I am truly fuming about this issue. Deal breaker? Heck no. But it is very disappointing because I have a plan for the car and now I have a bumper with HOLES!!!

UPDATE: Solution and win/win... since I have GFX it would appear the car is going to be too low to have the electric hide-a-plate. So I am going to have the dealer pull the bumper license bracket and shoot it IOM the same time the do the GFX painting. I think that will eliminate some of my frustration and also keep me compliant with Cali laws.
Sweet! Kim threatened our salesman enough that he made sure noone put a plate mount on the front.

Beautiful!!
2009 HD Street Glide
2005 HD Fatboy
SwedeandBlondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #96
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Boy I feel better

I saw the post about having the front
license bracket installed and I thought

OH NO!!

All this time waiting and then this:(, but
it sounds like everything will work out just
fine What a relief

Congrats Orange Krate, she's a beauty
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:38 AM   #97
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Orange Krates Sneak Run...

BTW... Guess who drove their brand new Camaro for the first time and filled her up with premium today? Me!

After 32 years without my Camaro, a new Orange Krate is walking into my life (and Erica's). I finally have my PERMAGRIN BACK!!! And folks it is contagious! Erica snuck over to the dealer while I was out of town and had a photo taken and she is ALL grins.

Orange Krate is having the GFX match painted and installed this week at the dealer, then I will take him home permanently. I have scored all the documentation I could lay my hands on.

The dealership DIDN'T have to let me drive the car today because technically I have not given them the check for it, although I signed a contract which works. All of the final details should occur Friday if the sun, moon and stars line up.

All I can tell you is the odometer was at 8 miles and unfortunately I didn't have my Nikon with me to take quality photos because I didn't know any of this was going to come about as I arrived home from my trip. I snuck in about another 4 miles with my new bestest buddy Dave Perry (Customer Service Manager) by my side. Orange Krate was very responsive and agile IMHO. It feels darn good to be in a car that has some muscle and built by caring people in Oshawa!

BTW... I am going to write up a brief synopsis of the exchange between myself, my salesman Dave and the OnStar customer service rep "Natasha". It was hilarious! All three of us were in stiches and now the permagrin has effected her...where else...IN ONTARIO, CANADA!!! Sheesh you Canadians are all over this car!

Well it is now 12:43 AM and I have to get up in about 4 hours. I have been up 18 hours since leaving Maryland this AM so I am off to zzzzz land to dream of Orange Krate and cruising the countryside!
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA

Last edited by Orange Krate; 12-18-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:24 AM   #98
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

JUST BECAUSE!!! No reason...

You ever work on your car and... any mechanic will understand this photo!
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA