Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 01-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #253
2012-2SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
The light tubes are sold by 2 SSRS here on the forum
Yes I am aware that he sells light tubes but I was looking for information on using factory Buick Lacross parts.

2012-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #254
patrickt

Drives: still saving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-2SS View Post
Yes I am aware that he sells light tubes but I was looking for information on using factory Buick Lacross parts.
i understand what yioy are looking at now. GM only sells it with the trim piece
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #255
2012-2SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
i understand what yioy are looking at now. GM only sells it with the trim piece
Well that figures... Is there a way you can get a hold of this piece and take a picture or measure it? If it's long enough and will fit under the Camaro trim then this would be worth the price.

2012-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #256
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hmm, it appears my last post just mysteriously disappeared on its own, interesting... I'll pose my question again:

Can someone please explain to me what is so special about the GM LEDs that you're buying? I'd reckon the $30-$45 for the three LEDs are for the plastic trim that comes on them (which ultimately isn't used). You can pick up pre-wired LEDs on Oznium.com for $1.50 each. Am I missing something that the GM LEDs would have but the Oznium.com pre-wired LEDs do not? I'm just trying to help us all out, if there's nothing really special about the GM LEDs we could buy them from Oznium.com and help future modders save a good chunk of change.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/

Last edited by meissen; 01-02-2012 at 07:22 PM.
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #257
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mifbody View Post
Hmm, it appears my last post just mysteriously disappeared on its own, interesting... I can only assume that I must be going insane and it was not that a moderator deleted my post because I could only imagine on a legitimate forum such as this that a deleted post would get a PM from a moderator explaining such actions.

That said, since I must be going insane, I'll pose my question again:

Can someone please explain to me what is so special about the GM LEDs that you're buying? I'd reckon the $30-$45 for the three LEDs are for the plastic trim that comes on them (which ultimately isn't used). You can pick up pre-wired LEDs on Oznium.com for $1.50 each. Am I missing something that the GM LEDs would have but the Oznium.com pre-wired LEDs do not? I'm just trying to help us all out, if there's nothing really special about the GM LEDs we could buy them from Oznium.com and help future modders save a good chunk of change.
Ssshhh!!! They'll hear you! lol. Actually, when I did this mod, I did order the GM LEDs because I thought there was something special about them. When I got them and opened them up, I had to roll my eyes. They were the same 5mm LEDs I had seen at RadioShack earlier that day when I went to pick up some wire. Your comment would've saved me some money if I had known. All I can think of is maybe the ice blue color is hard to match? I used red.
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #258
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Hmm, it appears my last post just mysteriously disappeared on its own, interesting... I'll pose my question again:

When I do my own LED builds, I buy from Oznium. I bought the GM LED's because they match the same color as the rest of the interior, Oznium does not carry the "Ice Blue". Your post may have been deleted because this thread belongs to a Supporting Vendor with whom I purchased my "Ice Blue" LED's from. It's not appropriate to post another source of LED's in a Vendors thread. They pay to be able to advertise and if people come into their threads spouting out "He you can get this cheaper here... blah blah" it's going to get deleted. So respect the Vendors and their threads. Gene and Patrick are nice guys and good to work with.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #259
ESqezMe
Banned

Drives: 10 IOM 1SS
i just installed my abl but now looking for a new or used, like new, IOM dash panel. It is the long one that goes form the right of the steering wheel to the passenger door.

has to be oem IOM

if anyone has one they want to sell for a good $$ it would be greatly appreciated.
ESqezMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #260
patrickt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESqezMe View Post
i just installed my abl but now looking for a new or used, like new, IOM dash panel. It is the long one that goes form the right of the steering wheel to the passenger door.

has to be oem IOM

if anyone has one they want to sell for a good $$ it would be greatly appreciated.
worst case senario I can get a new one of just that piece they are not that bad please email me at patrick@gmpartshouse.com
Old 01-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #261
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Alban View Post
Ssshhh!!! They'll hear you! lol. Actually, when I did this mod, I did order the GM LEDs because I thought there was something special about them. When I got them and opened them up, I had to roll my eyes. They were the same 5mm LEDs I had seen at RadioShack earlier that day when I went to pick up some wire. Your comment would've saved me some money if I had known. All I can think of is maybe the ice blue color is hard to match? I used red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
When I do my own LED builds, I buy from Oznium. I bought the GM LED's because they match the same color as the rest of the interior, Oznium does not carry the "Ice Blue". Your post may have been deleted because this thread belongs to a Supporting Vendor with whom I purchased my "Ice Blue" LED's from. It's not appropriate to post another source of LED's in a Vendors thread. They pay to be able to advertise and if people come into their threads spouting out "He you can get this cheaper here... blah blah" it's going to get deleted. So respect the Vendors and their threads. Gene and Patrick are nice guys and good to work with.
My apologies to the sponsors in this thread, I didn't realize reading the first few posts that it was a sponsor who was posting it.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #262
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
My apologies to the sponsors in this thread, I didn't realize reading the first few posts that it was a sponsor who was posting it.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #263
patrickt

Quote:
no problem its all good
Old 01-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #264
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

That's cool. We're a happy family. The reasons most of us like to use the factory LED's is because they match perfectly, obviously, and Ofer makes a few harnesses that you can plug these right into the factory harness using the factory connectors that come on them. So that is an added bonus. I added two of them to my center console and Ofer just gave me a harness that split off my factory gauge pack and the factory LED's plugged right in.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #265
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Anyone near the Toledo, Ohio area that has done this mod that wants to earn some money? I will buy the parts and I will bring the car to you, or you can do the work in my garage. From past experience these type of things never turn out well when I do them. I will gladly pay someone to do the work for me, and I will be happy to help!

Not joking about paying someone to do this for me....PM or email me @ russturbo@aol.com if you are interested.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #266
RiCorvette

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 3LT
Did any of my fellow woodworker-types consider or use a Dremel with a router setup and a ball burr to route a channel in the trim piece to inlet the light tube? Routing a channel about 1/2 the diameter of the light tube should allow it to sit nicely and all but eliminate that 2-3mm gap.

I'm gonna explore this option this weekend, but if it's been tried...

"A smart man learns from his mistakes. A wise man learns from the mistakes of others"
RiCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote