Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-20-2016, 07:13 PM   #1
nmartin1216

Drives: 14 white Camaro 1LE 2SS/RS
recaro seats with a 5 point cipher harness?

hey guys, so recently bought a harness bar and 5 point harness from Cipher. Got the bar in no issues besides them sending me the wrong size bolts for everything...

But im having a little trouble figuring out how to install the harness now with my factory recaro seats...ive since read that the submarine belt (the one that goes between the legs to the front of the seat and attaches somewhere underneath) shouldnt be used with these Recaros because its designed to not go over the front of the seat at attach at that angle for safety reasons?

im not tracking the car just looking for something that holds me tight in the car when i have fun on the twists around town.

Does anyone have pictures or suggestions ive already looked around didnt see anything for the Recaros and this issue?

Thanks everyone.
nmartin1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:05 PM   #2
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
The only real option is a tank plate. Do a search for tank plate and several threads will come up. Some have suggested just running it around the bar under the front edge of the seat, but to me that seems like it wouldn't do much. I have a tank plate and run it between the back and base and basically sit on it.

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote