Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
Cleancoupe

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE
ZL1 Wheels Paint Quality

While I was washing by car yesterday, I noticed something on my front drivers wheel on the inside portion of the wheel. I rubbed it with my finger nail & the paint just peeled right off. It was a small bubble in the paint. The quality or lack of paint GM puts on these wheels is horrible. Has anyone had any luck having a dealer repaint all of their wheels do this fact?
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
rjuarez

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleancoupe View Post
While I was washing by car yesterday, I noticed something on my front drivers wheel on the inside portion of the wheel. I rubbed it with my finger nail & the paint just peeled right off. It was a small bubble in the paint. The quality or lack of paint GM puts on these wheels is horrible. Has anyone had any luck having a dealer repaint all of their wheels do this fact?
I have not brought it to their attention yet but i do notice the texture of the paint is different across the rims. Some parts feel rough while others smooth; no consistency. I was surprised with the quality even though it looks good from far.
rjuarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
I have heard of a few people who have the dealership repaint these wheels under warranty. Give it a shot.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
Biv08SS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Yeah the paint quality is HORRIBLE! My car only has 176 miles on it and I have noticed that these are gonna need painting in no time at all.
Biv08SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
I've seen entire wheels replaced not repainted, bring it in and show your dealer
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
Cleancoupe

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE
I'm going to bring it into the dealer & show them. I'll also point out how thin the paint is on the rest of the wheels & see what they say. It's such a bad ass looking wheel too bad they cheaped out on the painting of them. Best thing for them would be to powder coat them.
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
Quote:

same thing happed to me when the car was 2 weeks old. took it back to the dealer. fixed it no problems and gave me free loaner. no deductable. its factory error. they are either not "charging" the paint/rims correctly or not cleaning the rims completely before they paint.
Attached Images

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote