Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-18-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
tbyrne

Drives: 1993+1998 Z-28s - past cars
Dynatech Long Tube Headers - 36hp Increase

Dynatech has just released their SuperMaxx long tube header packages for the 2010 Camaro SS! They feature 1 7/8" primaries with 3" collectors. You can go with the package that includes highflow cats or one with offroad pipes. Their ball & socket connection will insure that you have a great seal! The package bolts up to the stock or aftermarket exhaust. If your going to be going with a 3" exhaust, cats will be available with a 3" outlet. Looking to get some local cars in for an install so if your in the MA/RI area and would like to go with a set of these, let me know!

SUPERIOR DESIGN
Long tube design
3/8" laser-cut and machine-ground flanges for a long-lasting, tight seal
100% T-304 stainless steel
Computer-designed collectors for maximum air flow
Delivers real power gains

PERFECT FIT AND FUNCTION
True bolt-in, no cutting or welding
OBD II-compliant hi-flow converters
Utilizes factory O2 sensors (extensions included when needed)
"OEM-style" triple-layer stainless steel gaskets included for long-term, leak-free service
Bolts to factory cat-back or any aftermarket cat-back that utilizes factory connections

Mandrel bent headers with 3/8" flanges and hi-flow collectors
"Flexible" donut-style gasket connectors
Two PowerCAT catalytic converters or two offroad pipes
All clamps, bolts (including header bolts), and hardware needed for bolt-in installation
Triple-layer stainless steel gaskets
O2 extensions when needed to relocate factory O2 sensors
SuperMaxx by Dynatech decals

Dynatech SuperMaxx Long Tube Headers With Highflow Cats

Dynatech SuperMaxx Long Tube Headers With Offroad Pipes

Have a great day!
tbyrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #2
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Is that 36hp untuned with just the headers and cats with stock 2.5" exhuast?
Do you have a dyno comparison with the stock car?
I had Dynatechs on my LT-1, they are very good quality headres. Glad to see them for 2010!

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
tbyrne

That is without a tune and with the stock exhaust. Only change was the stock manifolds/cats with the Dynatech package. I think they sent info over after they tested them. I'll see if I can locate that.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
CamaroSS_LS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM 6M
Will my dealer install them and warranty my car still or does this void my warranty? Concerning the with cats option.

No Mod's love it just the way it is.

CamaroSS_LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
It's nice to see an LT option that is getting cheaper but still $1,300 is just killing me for LTs. About 8 yrs ago I paid just under $500 for a set of ceramic coated Hooker Super Comps for my '69. Why are current LTs over double and sometimes triple the price?

Also, I don't get the fact that there is only a $50 difference in this system with and without CATs. Aren't CATs fairly expensive?

I would also be intrested in seeing the HP difference between the two systems.

Wish I had my SS....I would consider being the gunie pig.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #6
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
It's nice to see an LT option that is getting cheaper but still $1,300 is just killing me for LTs. About 8 yrs ago I paid just under $500 for a set of ceramic coated Hooker Super Comps for my '69. Why are current LTs over double and sometimes triple the price?

Also, I don't get the fact that there is only a $50 difference in this system with and without CATs. Aren't CATs fairly expensive?

I would also be intrested in seeing the HP difference between the two systems.

Wish I had my SS....I would consider being the gunie pig.
Yeah I think the prices you're seeing are the "let's get 'em while the market is hot" prices; like dealers who are marking up the Camaro $5k or more. And speaking of ceramic coated, is that option available for these?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:13 PM   #7
tbyrne

Headers for alot of older vehicles tend to be cheaper. I think some 5.0 Mustang owners (late '80s/90s) can do their whole exhaust for the price of long tubes for current model cars. I don't believe the Hooker headers are made from T304 stainless.

Most quality long tube packages with cats are usually in the $1300. - $1600. range (GTO, G8, Corvette, GM Trucks, Hemi cars ect). I heard of one brand which might have been the first headers available for the new Camaro going for $2k. Ouch! There was origionally only going to be a $50. spread between the catted and offroad versions of the Dynatech headers. I was kind of surprized by that. Looks like they "caught that" and lowered the price for the offroad version. There is now a $100. difference between the two. And I was able to put this offer together for the next few weeks -

As far as the dealer doing the install and warranting the car. It would be best to ask the service manager. I've talked to customers that have had that done. Some of those people are true car guys. One told a customer that he won't have to worry as long as they install the parts.

Highflow cats usually flow pretty good so I wouldn't expect to see much of a power difference between the two versions. Maybe a few hp and the car will be louder with no cats.

Hope this helps!
Tom
Old 08-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #8
tbyrne

We now have a picture of the actual Camaro headers -

And the offical press release -

Dynatech has just released their new SuperMaxx stainless steel header exhaust system for ‘2010 Camaro with 6.0L and 6.2L based engines. These long tube stainless steel headers are mandrel bent 1 7/8” primary and feature CNC laser machined port matched flanges and connectors for precise fit. Unique 4-bolt collector flanges provide leak free seal and added ground clearance for lowered applications. Dual High Flow catalytic converters are integrated into the system for increased exhaust flow by almost 30%, and provide an OE style factory 2.50” connection to the X-Pipe assembly. (Also available for 3.00” aftermarket Cat-Backs. See Below).

Recent testing has yielded a net gain of over 36 HP and 25 ft. lbs. of torque, without a tune!!. Like all SuperMAXX systems they are made of 100% stainless steel materials and require simple hand tools for a direct bolt-on fit. Fully OBD-II compatible, and retains all factory emission connections. Includes all hardware, gaskets, and step by step instructions.

Available as Header Set & your choice of Catted or Non-Catted Intermediate Tubes, for a direct bolt up to your 2.50” factory or 3.00” aftermarket "Cat Back".
Old 08-30-2009, 05:11 PM   #9
H & E
Hinson

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1LE
I put these on my 2SS/RS M6. All I can say is.... WOW! I love them! I highly recommend them to anyone!
Old 08-30-2009, 05:36 PM   #10
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
pm me a price shipped to 70360 for these, catted with a 3" collector... TY!!!
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:10 PM   #11
H & E
Hinson

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post

You'll love them!!
Old 09-01-2009, 11:12 AM   #12
tbyrne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
Prices are posted in post 7

The first batch of headers is sold out. They went pretty quick! New orders should be ready to ship in about 3 weeks. We're currently getting those lined up for the new production run.

Tom