Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 06-30-2015, 08:53 AM   #1
'14-ELLIE

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
I can go!!! Who can help me???

My work schedule is nuts. I have been envying all of the posts about those who have already booked hotels, museum tours, track time, etc. Meanwhile, here I am a little over a month away from the event, finally being able to facilitate work around it. If there is anyone out there that can help me with the following, I would greatly appreciate it!

- Hotel: A lot are booked, obviously. Are there hints as to some good hotels still available?
- Museum Tour: Are there any openings left? If so, how do I sign up? I am flexible for any day/time understanding my tardiness.
- Track time: This is a shot in the dark... Any openings here?
- Travel: I'll be starting out on the 5th from Daytona Beach, FL. Any Camarovans set up that are starting out nearby?

Thanks for any help. I am very much looking forward to my first Camaro Fest and putting some faces to the 'screen names' for all the great people on here!

-Matt
'14-ELLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:21 AM   #2
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by '14-ELLIE View Post
My work schedule is nuts. I have been envying all of the posts about those who have already booked hotels, museum tours, track time, etc. Meanwhile, here I am a little over a month away from the event, finally being able to facilitate work around it. If there is anyone out there that can help me with the following, I would greatly appreciate it!

- Hotel: A lot are booked, obviously. Are there hints as to some good hotels still available?
- Museum Tour: Are there any openings left? If so, how do I sign up? I am flexible for any day/time understanding my tardiness.
- Track time: This is a shot in the dark... Any openings here?
- Travel: I'll be starting out on the 5th from Daytona Beach, FL. Any Camarovans set up that are starting out nearby?

Thanks for any help. I am very much looking forward to my first Camaro Fest and putting some faces to the 'screen names' for all the great people on here!

-Matt
Matt, you should be extremely excited, and if you are going to have fun, meet people, and play with your car, you are going to the right event.

For hotels, I would just start calling the ones people are already booking at. There are always people canceling trips/business etc. So you may get lucky. Start with the host hotel, and I would be calling, not just looking online.

For "track time", are you looking at the NCM road course (booked solid), the autocross, or the drag strip?

You should be able to hit any of the museum dates still available: look at the first post http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398062
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:07 AM   #3
BostiPB

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
I know several people have stated that the La Quinta Inn is a good choice (where I am currently booked). It is right off of the interstate and only a few miles from the host hotel. They have some reasonable rates also.
2014 2SS/RS - Red Rock Metallic - Kooks Headers, Corsa Extreme, Factory Reproductions Z28 Rims, Pedders Coilovers, JDP Clutch Reservoir, Summit Racing Line Lock, GM Strut Brace, GM low profile splash guards, Roto-fab CAI, Oracle Ghosted Sidemarker Lights & Concept Mirrors, ZL1 Side Skirts, MGW Flat Stick Shifter, BMR Subframe Connectors, Eaton Truetrac, Yukon 4.11s, GForce Renegade Axles, Speedmaster79 Diff Cover, Offset Diff Bushings, Every Suspension Bushing Front & Rear Replaced with BMR Poly Bushings - 421HP 412TQ
BostiPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:09 AM   #4
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
I have Cancer and fighting the fight. I have a room booked at the Host hotel the rest I'm going to have to Play it by ear and deal with it when I get there if I get there. I have to see where I'm at come the last week of July. God willing I will make it Last year I went to Texas two weeks after surgery. It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:04 PM   #5
'14-ELLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
I have Cancer and fighting the fight. I have a room booked at the Host hotel the rest I'm going to have to Play it by ear and deal with it when I get there if I get there. I have to see where I'm at come the last week of July. God willing I will make it Last year I went to Texas two weeks after surgery. It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on
Thoughts are with you and your family. I have been around my fair share, and can say that getting out and having fun such as this meet would be a great thing for you. Hope you make it!
Old 06-30-2015, 08:17 PM   #6
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
You know I am counting on you being there Skip!

OP like was already said, just start calling the host hotel & all the others close by. Book the first one you find & if you want to bother, keep calling the host hotel & the other 2 adjacent to it to see if any openings happen. You can always cancel the first one you get.

You will be able to run autocross & drag race at least. Monitor the NCM Thursday road course thread to see if there happen to be any cancellations & if there are you can jump on that (Possibly - not sure if they will do that). I promise, there will be plenty of fun to keep you busy. See ya there!
Old 06-30-2015, 09:07 PM   #7
'14-ELLIE

I appreciate all of the help guys. The rave that people have had of past events are always nice to read about, now it's my chance to be a part of it! Very excited.

If there is anyone traveling from Florida. Let me know. Making the trip with Camaro's to Camaro Fest would make it that much better!
Old 07-01-2015, 03:12 AM   #8
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2015 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by '14-ELLIE View Post
I appreciate all of the help guys. The rave that people have had of past events are always nice to read about, now it's my chance to be a part of it! Very excited.

If there is anyone traveling from Florida. Let me know. Making the trip with Camaro's to Camaro Fest would make it that much better!

We still have open spots for Friday's track event at NCM
www.justtrackit.net

I also have have a few extra rooms at the new Fairfield Inn.
P.M me if you want a room

Michael
Old 07-01-2015, 07:24 AM   #9
'14-ELLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael's maro View Post
We still have open spots for Friday's track event at NCM
www.justtrackit.net

I also have have a few extra rooms at the new Fairfield Inn.
P.M me if you want a room

Michael
PM'd. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2015, 05:23 PM   #10
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
'14-ELLIE, if you are alone, and don't care about where you sleep, I will call the host hotel and see if I can add you to my room, my wife wont be joining me so I have 2 beds for just me.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote