Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #15
perfxn

Drives: 2SS RS
yea its for sure going to be a first for me, i hoping i can find a mentor or something. that damn book/dvd looks expensive
perfxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #16
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaZ View Post
Sorry for the slight thread jack, but I have a question for those that have tuned their F-body in the past. I know tuning your engine will do wonders, as per reading most peoples posts, will tuning a stock engine actually give you any gains? (I don't plan in being stock, a few bolt-ons) And when you do tune the engine, does it kill gas mileage if driving conservatively?
if it's tuned right, you will see gains - even stock. mileage usually improves, especially if you drive conservatively. an upgraded intake & exhaust will help see more from your tuning though.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:50 PM   #17
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Alright, it looks like a tune for me then after I get my intake and headers.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:38 PM   #18
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
EFI LIVE, period

Jesse at wait for me performance, do your home work first before going this route, very hit or miss as far as customer satisfaction.

Also remember any ECM reflashes technically void your warranty.
02 SS, STOCK, THE SLO HO
08 CTS, POS
EFI Live
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences!"

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

--Samuel Adams
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:56 AM   #19
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
tuning options from ADM

We will be there helping as well...I have been a reseller of hp tuners for 2 years now and a tuner for 10 plus years.

We sell hp tuners with base tunes,stage 2 tunes etc.....Many products to come for the ls3 camaro.

Andy

www.admperformance.com
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #20
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNIGHTMARE View Post
EFI LIVE, period

Jesse at wait for me performance, do your home work first before going this route, very hit or miss as far as customer satisfaction.

Also remember any ECM reflashes technically void your warranty.
If you save the original ECM file, and reflash it to the stock one before taking your car to the mechanic - can they tell that you altered it?

i know they'd be able to tell if its a different map, but i'm not sure if they can tell if/when its been altered
Old 11-22-2008, 03:55 PM   #21
ADM PERFORMANCE

There may not be any dealerships to take it to for warranty work...Just a thought....But I will be available
Old 11-23-2008, 02:11 AM   #22
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
DiabloSport Predator

There's a good handheld now available for LS3, they just added full LS3 support recently.

DiabloSport Predator

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...display&pid=83
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:30 AM   #23
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
If you are worried about your warranty and whether or not the dealer can tell you flashed your computer. Just by a second computer flash it and if/when you have to take it to a dealer just swap computers. A friend of mine did that with his cobra and never had a single problem.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:53 PM   #24
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
I called a performance shop asking them about dyno tuning, they said they had no info on the computer in the car yet and that no after market companies have "hacked" it yet, so there are no tuners that are specifically for the camaro yet.
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:28 PM   #25
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
I called a performance shop asking them about dyno tuning, they said they had no info on the computer in the car yet and that no after market companies have "hacked" it yet, so there are no tuners that are specifically for the camaro yet.
LS3 Computer has been blown wide open for a while now. Was this an GM EFI shop?
Old 11-24-2008, 08:57 AM   #26
ADM PERFORMANCE

It has already been hacked for some time now...Once vin numbers start poping up we will have calibrations as well.I just hope mine comes in on time!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:25 AM   #27
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
If you save the original ECM file, and reflash it to the stock one before taking your car to the mechanic - can they tell that you altered it?

i know they'd be able to tell if its a different map, but i'm not sure if they can tell if/when its been altered
GM will be able to see an reflash done to ur ecm. If it was unauthorized ie not done by gm they could technically void ur warranty. Who knows if they will, just depends on the dealer. The easiest solution is to by a second ecm. They r usually not that expensive, but sometimes hard to find for new cars. If its the same one in the vette ls3 then it shouldn't be a problem. I think I got a used ls1 ecm for around a $100.00.
02 SS, STOCK, THE SLO HO
08 CTS, POS
EFI Live
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences!"

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

--Samuel Adams
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #28
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNIGHTMARE View Post
GM will be able to see an reflash done to ur ecm. If it was unauthorized ie not done by gm they could technically void ur warranty. Who knows if they will, just depends on the dealer. The easiest solution is to by a second ecm. They r usually not that expensive, but sometimes hard to find for new cars. If its the same one in the vette ls3 then it shouldn't be a problem. I think I got a used ls1 ecm for around a $100.00.
thanks for the confirmation bro. When i first heard 'buying another ECM i was worried, for my current car those things are EXPENSIVE...

i'm really gonna like this change in parts costs