Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
KingArthur

Drives: Mercedes for now 0_0
'07 BMW 335i or '10 Camaro 2LT RS

Hey guys I have to make this decision soon, I know you're all going to be a little biased but I think you will be honest. So for a total amount of $28,000-ish cash, would it be better spend on a used 2007 BMW 335i coupe, maybe later on get a juice box, or a brand new 2010 Camaro 2LT with RS.

People are saying sure its a used bmw but its a bmw nonetheless. And bmw is reliable, european, and a good car to own while chevy is an american car and is not reliable and in 3 years its going to be shit while the bmw is still going to be nice.

And also the interior. They say the camaros interior is horrid and all plastic (what does that mean??) and you cant see stop sign lines. I think the interior looks really cool and futuristic but im not sure, ive never been in one or driven one. Ive driven a bmw plenty of times and think the interior is very well designed though.

Im leaning towards the camaro but i dont know :/
KingArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
Lucky SOB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Ignorance is bliss...?

American cars aren't reliable? Haha...ok
Old 03-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
Lbness

Drives: 2010 ss M6 Aqua Blue
Send a message via AIM to Lbness
OK as a german car owner and Lover of german engineering ... it is about purpose.
The BMW will cost you much more to operate as parts and there will be parts and labor are german car priced. The Camaro is beastly fun and pretty refined but alas it is GM and the car is not a bmw ..... HOLD ON with that said it is light yeras ahead of any GM you may have owned in the past and the smile factor is huge when ya drive the Chevy, If I was gunna travel highyways and need a smart no one cares but nice car go BMW if you enjoy to drive a little bit more spirited and fun car drive Chevy
Make your girls happy too
http://www.lisafreede.com/http://www...s/thumbsup.gif
Lbness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
KingArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky SOB View Post
Ignorance is bliss...?

American cars aren't reliable? Haha...ok
Im not agreeing with that haha, just saying its been said a million times to me. I live in los angeles and theres like 90000 bmws and a few camaros :/
Old 03-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Sir, you say you're leaning towards a Camaro but it's pretty obvious that your post slants BMW. You sound like a troll.

But in case you're not a troll I must point some things out:
1. The Camaro will not be shit in 3 years.
2. Nothing so far has indicated that the Camaro is unreliable, though it is still a new car so long term reliability may be a question.
3. The interior of the Camaro is not horrid and plastic, I've been in a 2LT enough to know it's got quality fit and finish along with quality materials. I'm sure the BMW is just as nice.

I suggest you go out and test drive both and get the one you like best.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #6
KingArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbness View Post
OK as a german car owner and Lover of german engineering ... it is about purpose.
The BMW will cost you much more to operate as parts and there will be parts and labor are german car priced. The Camaro is beastly fun and pretty refined but alas it is GM and the car is not a bmw ..... HOLD ON with that said it is light yeras ahead of any GM you may have owned in the past and the smile factor is huge when ya drive the Chevy, If I was gunna travel highyways and need a smart no one cares but nice car go BMW if you enjoy to drive a little bit more spirited and fun car drive Chevy
But does it not matter that the bmw is 2007?
Old 03-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #7
KingArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Sir, you say you're leaning towards a Camaro but it's pretty obvious that your post slants BMW. You sound like a troll.

But in case you're not a troll I must point some things out:
1. The Camaro will not be shit in 3 years.
2. Nothing so far has indicated that the Camaro is unreliable, though it is still a new car so long term reliability may be a question.
3. The interior of the Camaro is not horrid and plastic, I've been in a 2LT enough to know it's got quality fit and finish along with quality materials. I'm sure the BMW is just as nice.

I suggest you go out and test drive both and get the one you like best.
Im just saying what has been said to me sorry if i sounded like a troll. ive had a bmw in the past, 328. meh
Old 03-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
fRenzy
Where's the Beer?

Drives: 07 Tacoma :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
People are saying sure its a used bmw but its a bmw nonetheless. And bmw is reliable, european, and a good car to own while chevy is an american car and is not reliable and in 3 years its going to be shit while the bmw is still going to be nice.
Maybe that was the case 10 years ago, but these days GM, and the rest of the domestics have come lightyears in terms of reliability. As for your question, I would go with the Camaro. It's just to damn good looking, as an added bonus, it will be new.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
For staters....King Arthur, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

As far as the cars go......its really what YOU want......personally, a beamers are a dime a dozen, going down the road, the Camaro on the other hand.....they get attention everywhere were ys go.

So Welcome!!
Old 03-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #10
KingArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakout View Post
You're on a Camaro enthusiast site asking if you should get the Camaro or a BMW?
I said you will be biased but be honest. I just want to hear if there if there is any truth to what i said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
For staters....King Arthur, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

As far as the cars go......its really what YOU want......personally, a beamers are a dime a dozen, going down the road, the Camaro on the other hand.....they get attention everywhere were ys go.

So Welcome!!
Lmao thank you very much. and yes i agree in my city there are 5 bmw's each street. and ive seen one camaro ever
Old 03-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #11
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
get the Camaro.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #12
Blakout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS NPP
American cars have rid themselves of their "lackluster quality" stereotype that they had in the old days. Now the American cars are just as reliable as your European/Korean/Japanese cars (minus Toyota's super speed rocket ship problem ).
Old 03-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #13
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
Hey guys I have to make this decision soon, I know you're all going to be a little biased but I think you will be honest. So for a total amount of $28,000-ish cash, would it be better spend on a used 2007 BMW 335i coupe, maybe later on get a juice box, or a brand new 2010 Camaro 2LT with RS.:/
Is this a trick question..??

You will be the one driving whatever you get....drive both first.

M
Mark Myles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #14
71cam

Drives: 71cam
to the OP....sounds like you want to buy a car based on what others want or say. there will pros and cons for every choice you have in your life....make a decision, move on and be prepared to live with your decision.

if you're leaning towards the Camaro....then that's what you buy...what do you mean, you don't know. the pros obviously outweigh the cons...you have made your decision.....now you want to be convinced?
71cam is offline   Reply With Quote