Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-06-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
5-6-2009 to 5-6-2010, One Year with #230 (Bee Bee)

Well it has been one year with the car. I am pretty happy with her and she has been thru alot. Kind of like Steph with have had our ups and downs but she is still a fighter.

Her first trail was with the deliverly driver who slipped the unlocking arm out of his hand in the rain and crunched the passenger door. So off to the body shop she goes to get fixed. Also at this same time GM figured out the battery cable issue and soon as the body shop was done she had to go in for that recall.

Well finally got her out of the shop and started to enjoy her. She seemed real peppy but I was not happy that a 400HP car would not spin the back wheels without brake standing. Well after going back and forth alot with the dealer they kept saying nothing was wrong. That was until we put a V6 Camaro againts mine on a private road and with over 500 pounds of passengers in the V-6. They beat me by 3/4 of a car lenght. Well GM sent some engineers down and we figured out the computer was not learning to go back to the high octane tables. They fixed it and this lead to coming up with the famous fuse pull for others to reset their computers.

Then of coarse the Sherman luck I get a rock chip in the windshield. It is on the passenger side and got fixed before it did a big crack. Can see it but looks like a bug is splatted on the windshield.

She then had the fun of me opening the trunck and hearing a rattle of something rolling around. So I had to take my trunk lid apart and find the nut and put it back on. Off coarse a week later a TSB comes out about it. So I get all those issues fixed in it.

Around 8500 miles it was real noticeable I did not have any tread left on my back tires. Humm guess GM did fix my car and it is supposed to be able to spin the rears. So replaced the rears with some Hankooks. They look meaner than the P-Zeros and grip good when it is warm outside. Wearing alot better than the P-Zeros.

Hey look ACC Style or something like that comes out with Blue LED Dome light, have to have so got one of those.

Vararam was nice enough to give me for free a CAI. Played with it for a while but came to the conclusion I would need a tune for it to work right with the GMPP Street Exhaust we ordered with the car.

Humm rattle on passenger side when cold, dealer can never find the issue. But weather getting warm now and it is gone so will see what happens next winter.

Oh man my kids feet are dirty, let alone mine. Always cleaning the mats and the the rear has no mats. So went with WeatherTech and got Black mats for the front and rears. So much easier to keep clean now.

Hate AFM droan and rear view mirror vibratting. Go to lock shop and the cut out the resonator and run straight pipes to the GMPP mufflers. Freaking sounds awesome, but guess what? Not knowing it we just cut out the H-Pipe. Lost about 50HP and 50TRQ. So put in X-pipe and now power back and droan not as bad as with resonator. Rear view mirror vibration not no where near as noticable. Spin tires again

But whats this, oil all over the bottom of the engine and tranny. Exhaust guys pointed this out to me. Take it to dealer and seals leaking on oil cooler. 2 weeks latter parts in and she is running again with out drooling, ha ha.

Getting excited, Camaro5 Fest coming up. One week away, WTF somebody hit and ran on my back passenger bumper. Thinking about not going to the Fest. Chris tells PQ to tell me if I do not come I am banned from the site for life. Go to the Fest and #230 and I meet the greatest folks. All the GM gang that helped us get the car. Chris and all the kick butt mods. And you guys who are now even more of my family. Camaro5 also raised 2000.00 for a charity, turn out it was for helping us out with some of medical bills for Steph. What a great bunch of folks!!!

PQ computers at work messed up before the fest and I helped him fix them. So I show up at the Fest and Ted at Jennetty Racing hands me a CAI Intake from PQ. Randy is one kick butt dude, he and Bonnie have done so much for Steph with the real hair wig she uses everyday still to just being some of our best friends.

So here we are one year, 15,321 miles latter. Thank you GM for bringing back Camaro and thank all of you for your support and love for our family.

Scott

Last edited by Scott@Bjorn3D; 05-06-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:39 AM   #2
nvpliers

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Red Jewel Tint
To one of the Camaro veterans...you sure paved the way for us newcomers with the info and experiences you've shared. Thanks. Great Post. Best Wishes for Stephanie.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:04 AM   #3
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
Wow. It has been a year!

Glad to hear you, Bee Bee, and Steph are doing well
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Nice write up. I have read most of your post. Hope all is well with Steph and #230. I really like the color you picked!
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:20 AM   #5
Tee304

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Rally Yellow 2SS
I'm approaching 1 year myself - 5/28/2009 - its pickup at dealer. I have approx. 12,800 miles on it. It has never seen winter but it did see a lot of driving last summer. For that matter, this summer too. I would say that my baby has NOT seen the amount of problems that others have experienced and for that I'm sorry. This car is freaking awesome!! The ONLY problem I had was a nut or something loose in the trunk, but I did get it fixed once by the DEALER, only to have it rolling around again.....back to the dealer.

On the other hand, this beauty of a machine runs like a champ. I get the Mobil 1 oil change (8 qts. + upgrade oil filter) and ALWAYS run 93 octane [PROUD ONWER OF A RY 2SS]

I LOVE driving this car and also want to thank GM for their engineering on a beautiful piece of machinery.

I am probably only one of a few who HAVEN'T had the problems with their Camaro as others have. (Knock on wood) I feel fortunate.

But, sadly the car continues to accrue mileage, but I've enjoyed EVERY mile of that car!!! I think I'll have a birthday party for her at the end of the month.

Anyway, THANKS GM for this car!!

And yes, my girlfriend LOVES my car!

#7741 - RY 2SS w/black rally stripes - picked up on 5/28/2009
Tee304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #6
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
wow...this year has gone by quickly, I have had mine a half a year now...really unbelievable...

great write up
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I was gonna do a 1 year write up. lol

Not til June 1st for me, but it's been a helluva year.

I know you guys are still trying to level Steph up and still have issues but what a great situation right now as compared to one year ago.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #8
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Yeah a heck of alot better than last year, but right now has shingles in her throat though and it hurts to eat or drink.

But they gave her 2 months to live and she is still here.

PQ, remember you only have 9 fingers left so make them last ok.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #9
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Congrats Scott to you and #230!!!...may you, Steph, and the rest of your beautiful family have many happy motoring years ahead in BeeBee!!!...