Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 07-07-2016, 01:45 PM   #99
Ricardo@Phastek

Drives: the boss nuts....
Send a message via AIM to Ricardo@Phastek Send a message via Yahoo to Ricardo@Phastek
Got our shop car splitter painted and installed. Side rockers should be done tomorrow and we will line those up to get installed.

Ricardo@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:16 PM   #100
Md2886

Drives: 2017 camaro 1ss coupe
Does anyone know if adding acs side skirts void your factory warranty?
Md2886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:42 PM   #101
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Md2886 View Post
Does anyone know if adding acs side skirts void your factory warranty?
This is not to be disrespectful but which warranty do you think this will void?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:48 PM   #102
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
What about the single tip, non-npp V6/2.0 rear valance. The greyish OEM one is absolutely dreadful looking. Someone needs to make a black diffuser replacement.
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:52 PM   #103
Md2886

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
This is not to be disrespectful but which warranty do you think this will void?

I got this off of GM's website. What Is Not Covered
Tire and Wheel Damage or Wear
Normal tire wear and tear or wear-out is not covered. Tire wear is influenced by many variables such as road conditions, driving styles, vehicle weight, and tire construction. Uniform tire wear is a normal condition, and it not considered a defect. Road hazard damage such as punctures, cuts, snags, and breaks resulting from pothole impact, curb impact, or from other objects is not covered. Tire wear due to misalignment beyond the warranty period is not covered. Also, damage from improper mounting or dismounting, misuse, negligence, alteration, improper repair, accident, collision, fire, vandalism, or misapplication is not covered. Damage to sidewalls caused by automatic car washes or cleaning agents is not covered.
Damage Due to Bedliners
Owners of trucks with a bedliner, whether after-market or factory installed, should expect that with normal operation the bedliner will move. This movement may cause finish damage. Therefore, any damage caused by the bedliner is not covered under the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The factory spray in bedliner (RPO CGN) is not covered for a loss of shine and luster or fading. Refer to the Owner’s Manual for more information on spray in bedliner maintenance.
Damage Due to Accident, Misuse, or Alteration
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover damage caused as a result of the following:
• Collision, fire, theft, freezing, vandalism, riot, explosion, or objects striking the vehicle.
• Misuse of the vehicle such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing, or other competition. Proper Vehicle use is discussed in the Owner’s Manual.
• Alteration, modification, or tampering to the vehicle, including, but not limited to the body, chassis, powertrain, driveline, software, or other components after final assembly by GM.
• Coverages do not apply if the odometer has been disconnected, its reading has been altered, or mileage cannot be determined.
• Installation of non-GM (General Motors) parts.
• Water or fluid contamination.
• Damage resulting from hail, floods, windstorms, lightning, and other environmental conditions.
• Alteration of glass parts by application of tinting films.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:54 PM   #104
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
I got this off of GM's website. What Is Not Covered
Tire and Wheel Damage or Wear
Normal tire wear and tear or wear-out is not covered. Tire wear is influenced by many variables such as road conditions, driving styles, vehicle weight, and tire construction. Uniform tire wear is a normal condition, and it not considered a defect. Road hazard damage such as punctures, cuts, snags, and breaks resulting from pothole impact, curb impact, or from other objects is not covered. Tire wear due to misalignment beyond the warranty period is not covered. Also, damage from improper mounting or dismounting, misuse, negligence, alteration, improper repair, accident, collision, fire, vandalism, or misapplication is not covered. Damage to sidewalls caused by automatic car washes or cleaning agents is not covered.
Damage Due to Bedliners
Owners of trucks with a bedliner, whether after-market or factory installed, should expect that with normal operation the bedliner will move. This movement may cause finish damage. Therefore, any damage caused by the bedliner is not covered under the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The factory spray in bedliner (RPO CGN) is not covered for a loss of shine and luster or fading. Refer to the Owner’s Manual for more information on spray in bedliner maintenance.
Damage Due to Accident, Misuse, or Alteration
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover damage caused as a result of the following:
• Collision, fire, theft, freezing, vandalism, riot, explosion, or objects striking the vehicle.
• Misuse of the vehicle such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing, or other competition. Proper Vehicle use is discussed in the Owner’s Manual.
• Alteration, modification, or tampering to the vehicle, including, but not limited to the body, chassis, powertrain, driveline, software, or other components after final assembly by GM.
• Coverages do not apply if the odometer has been disconnected, its reading has been altered, or mileage cannot be determined.
• Installation of non-GM (General Motors) parts.
• Water or fluid contamination.
• Damage resulting from hail, floods, windstorms, lightning, and other environmental conditions.
• Alteration of glass parts by application of tinting films.
So where does this piece fit into any of that? Do you think you're answering your own question? There is a bumper to bumper and a powertrain.

"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
Old 02-06-2017, 10:11 PM   #105
Md2886

Quote:
So where does this piece fit into any of that? Do you think you're answering your own question? There is a bumper to bumper and a powertrain.

I think I did answer my own question after a little research and reading, thanks for pointing that out to me... but the piece in question (acs composite side rocker) actually falls under a few of the bullets in the last post I sent! Great product btw, and awesome company to do business with! Maybe this will help someone else out with the same concern.....
Old 02-06-2017, 10:14 PM   #106
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
I think I did answer my own question after a little research and reading, thanks for pointing that out to me... but the piece in question (acs composite side rocker) actually falls under a few of the bullets in the last post I sent! Great product btw, and awesome company to do business with! Maybe this will help someone else out with the same concern.....
So do you want to share the conclusion you came to? Because what you posted is not clear to me.

I would never worry about voiding a warranty by putting these types of things on my car. Now if your talking about the engine, sure but not a side rocker or spoiler.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:29 PM   #107
Md2886

[QUOTE=sub_ETCS_ret;9545318]So do you want to share the conclusion you came to? Because what you posted is not clear to me.

I would never worry about voiding a warranty by putting these types of things on my car. Now if your talking about the engine, sure but not a side rocker or spoiler.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I guess my conclusion is I just don't have it in me to drill 36 holes into my camaro! Different strokes for different folks!! Going with the zl1 addon Rock guards instead!
Old 02-06-2017, 10:30 PM   #108
sub_ETCS_ret

[QUOTE=Md2886;9545346]
Quote:
So do you want to share the conclusion you came to? Because what you posted is not clear to me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I guess my conclusion is I just don't have it in me to drill 36 holes into my camaro! Different strokes for different folks!! Going with the zl1 addon Rock guards instead!
That's cool. Good luck.

Tags
acs, acs composite, aeropack, phastek, phastek performance