Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-24-2013, 02:21 AM   #43
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE 1 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
what do you expect from a dealership? sell it privately for $35k OBO, imo.
you think the car depreciated by 8 grand already
Old 06-24-2013, 02:28 AM   #44
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE 1 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlugSS View Post
Jesus I bought mine for 34 out the door, how much do you want?
Old 07-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #45
91RSragtop

Drives: 91 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx66 View Post
My wife and I have been talking about getting a divorce so I thought I would downsize and sell some of my cars. I went to the GMC dealer and looked at a 2500hd, the salesman took my 13 1le 2ss, rs, nav, npp with 4400 miles to get appraised. The used car manager came back with an offer of $28000, I told the salesman we weren't even close and I was just going to leave. We went to the used car building to get my keys and we were standing in the doorway while the manager was sitting at his desk and the salesman told him I was just going to take my car and he grabbed the keys off his desk. I turned around and started walking out of the building and the used car a manger yelled to me he wanted to buy my car, I went back to his office doorway and told him for that price who wouldn't want to buy it, he then told me with an attitude that he was trying to help me and could buy them all day long for that price. I told him I wasn't interested in getting ripped off today and I would have paid a fair price for their truck if he offered a fair price on my trade. He got irate and and kept telling me how he was trying to help me I just snapped, I told him I would knock the look right off his face if he was man enough to step outside , the salesman intervened and told me he wasn't worth it and I just walked out. Maybe I was wrong but I absolutely hate when people cop an attitude and smart off when your walking away, he had every opputunity to speak to me while I was face to face with him while getting my keys. Sorry for the rambling maybe I just needed to vent.
There is an old saying: " When you drive a new car off the lot, expect a $10,000 loss, if you decide to trade it in within a year". If it sold for 40k new, then 28k (FROM A DEALER) is not out of the picture. A little low, but I could see it. My guess, is the dealer would ask 35k and settle for 32k or 33k making about 4-5k. Keep in mind this is a "niche" car, and the dealer will need to find someone who wants it, so it might set a while (depending on the area market). Will it be a collector car? Perhaps, if you leave it bone stock, keep the miles under 5k, in about 20-30 years it might be (maybe). Then you "might" get more than what you paid for it. Lastly, several other posters have already said this: Sell it yourself, asking 35k and go from there.
91RSragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #46
joshylife
lift.eat.money.sleep.

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Lmao I got quoted 21k for my 2012 v6 2LT...... ud get only 7k more??? lololol thats insane...
joshylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #47
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Granted my '13 2SS/RS 1LE with Nav, Sunroof, NPP and prem floor mats trade in was $44,500 with 488 miles. I'd say you should be able to easily get $38,xxx for yours.

You got sticker price when you traded your 1LE in?
Old 07-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #48
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
I went with a buddy of mine to look at a 2SS 1LE npp and nav and he was going to pay 36,500 for it before TTL. 28 is too low, but Chevy is screwing the current owners by offering big rebates on the current stock of 13s, which drives the prices down in the used car market. I think 32 would have been a fair price for it.