Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

Old 10-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #15
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
Travis glad you had a good time. I completely forget It was a Federal holiday. Probably less cars on the road. If we are doing cruises/events maybe it would be better to plan ahead so more people can attend.
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #16
boltvette

Drives: 1963 Corvette, 2001 Corvette
Thanks Travis, it was a great way to spend the morning. Perfect weather for top-down cruising! And thanks for the plug for Angel Pads. We do offer them to Camaro5 SoCal Family members at a 10% discount ($170.00). If you're local, we can arrange to meet with you and save you the $19 shipping and handling charge.

Greg and I will be at the Excelsior Motorsports open house this Saturday 10/15 from 10-3. Come and check out Kushan's new location in Escondido, 1324-B Industrial Rd. There will be several vendors there in addition to Angelwings Tech. FREE LUNCH!!
boltvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #17
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Drives: 2006 Silverado 2500HD CC/SB LBZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod55 View Post
Travis glad you had a good time. I completely forget It was a Federal holiday. Probably less cars on the road. If we are doing cruises/events maybe it would be better to plan ahead so more people can attend.
Yeah I knew that was going to be a problem but soemtimes I get the impromptu "let's go do something" so I posted it.

"Just like farmer engineering. Find the weak link and fix it, then find the next one." Salt Cat Racing
tadams72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #18
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltvette View Post
Thanks Travis, it was a great way to spend the morning. Perfect weather for top-down cruising! And thanks for the plug for Angel Pads. We do offer them to Camaro5 SoCal Family members at a 10% discount ($170.00). If you're local, we can arrange to meet with you and save you the $19 shipping and handling charge.

Greg and I will be at the Excelsior Motorsports open house this Saturday 10/15 from 10-3. Come and check out Kushan's new location in Escondido, 1324-B Industrial Rd. There will be several vendors there in addition to Angelwings Tech. FREE LUNCH!!
Going to try and make it out. I think we'll be headed up to Bates Nut Farm to get the pumpkin that morning so we'll probably stop by on the way back and check it out. Thanks again. Had a blast and wait to hit a track day with you at some point.

Travis

"Just like farmer engineering. Find the weak link and fix it, then find the next one." Salt Cat Racing

Last edited by tadams72; 10-10-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #19
robscamaro
TAZ

Drives: 2SSRS Black Gray stripes
Glad to hear you guys had a great time. Wish I could have made it. Craig still would like to buy that seat cushion.
robscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #20
boltvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by robscamaro View Post
Glad to hear you guys had a great time. Wish I could have made it. Craig still would like to buy that seat cushion.
I have a set of Angel Pads here anytime you want it. You can meet us Saturday at the Excelsior open house, or we can arrange to meet somewhere between Chula Vista and Spring Valley. Just let me know.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #21
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Quote:
You missed a good drive. Telling you this will be really good time if we get some more people to come.

Started to find the sweet spot in my power band which really helped when rolling into and trotting out of the corners.

Travis
Sent from Droid Charge

Old 10-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #22
boltvette

The annual Endless Summer Corvette Show is this Sunday, Oct. 16 at Bob Stall Chevrolet in La Mesa.

In addition to Corvettes, we are marking the 100th Anniversary of Chevrolet with a special display in front of the showroom, limited to 30 Chevys (including Vance Chula's '96 SS Camaro and Armando Rodriguez's '10 Camaro and our '63 Corvette split-window coupe) invited to be a part of the special display. There will also be a Corvette display area in the adjacent lot.

Because I happen to be the car show chairman, I can make provisions for special things like a Gen 5 Camaro display. So if you are interested in being a part of the show and not just spectators, send me a pm and I'll make the arrangements. You will need to arrive between 8 and 9 am and stay until the show ends at 3 pm. There is no cost and no trophies, just (as Armando said) music, food and a good time. Bob Stall Chevrolet is at 7601 Alvarado Road in La Mesa, just south of I-8.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #23
tadams72
When is enough ever...

I am sure it will be a great time. Craig puts on good events so if you're able, get on the list and represent the Camaro community. I would be there but flying out that morning. Someone post some pics so I can check it out from far off lands. Thanks.

Travis
Sent from Droid Charge

Old 10-12-2011, 10:27 PM   #24
robscamaro
TAZ

Drives: 2SSRS Black Gray stripes
I will be there but just to check it out. Craig bring my set of Angel pads to the show and I will pay you there. 100 dollars right? Ha ha!! just say it was a raffle.
robscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:29 AM   #25
boltvette

Quote:
I will be there but just to check it out. Craig bring my set of Angel pads to the show and I will pay you there. 100 dollars right? Ha ha!! just say it was a raffle.
Hey, you're already getting a deal! See you Sunday.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #26
boltvette

Anyone interested in joining me at the Twisted Minds Bike Club backpack drive this Sunday 11/13? Twisted Minds works with at-risk kids and gives them a creative outlet for their energy. This is their second annual backpack drive, to get backpacks to kids from low income families.

The drive is being held at Luzita's Mexican Restaurant in Chula Vista, just east of Hilltop on J St. Several members of the Corvette Owners Club of San Diego will be there, along with many of the local lowrider clubs. Bring a backpack and get a free bowl of menudo. I really like their chorizo!

The Corvettes are gathering at the NW corner of the Plaza Bonita parking lot, near the Outback at 8 am and cruising over together. You are welcome to meet us there, or at the restaurant.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #27
boltvette

Are there any bowlers out there? I'm not, but the Corvette Owners Club of San Diego is hosting the 9th Annual COCSD Bowl-a-thon as a fundraiser for the Muscular Dystrophy Assoc.

It's being held on Sunday, Jan. 29 (the weekend before the Superbowl) at Parkway Bowl in El Cajon. Check-in at 9 am, bowling from 10 am to noon, followed by the awards ceremony. The cost is $10 per person, which covers shoes, a ball and 2 games, plus we request a $15 minimum (tax deductable) donation to MDA San Diego. We're trying to raise enough to send 6 kids to the special week-long MDA summer camp. The camp costs $600 per kid, so the target is $3600.

Teams are competing for the Bowl-a-thon trophy plus several individual awards. To win the trophy, all four bowlers must be members of the club they represent (no pro ringers). How about a Camaro5 SoCal Family team?
Old 11-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #28
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Talking SR94 Canyon Cruise and Lunch

SoCal Camaro Drivers,

Time for another get-together canyon cruise up CA-94. Looking to get a good turnout for this spirited drive in east county.

When: 0830 Saturday, 26NOV11
Where: Meet at the Lowes parking lot in Eastlake (Chula Vista)
Distance: ~80 miles out and back
Stops: Lunch at Barret Junction Cafe just east of Dulzura
Duration: ~3 hours

http://g.co/maps/a34gh

If you've never been out this way the drive is great, the company is great, and the lunch isn't bad either. So post up and let's see who we can drag out for some fun on the long weekend.

Travis
Attached Images