Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-27-2014, 08:52 AM   #15
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
If I had a nickel for every time I've seen and heard the stuff from most dealers, I'd be wealthy. The dealers will try to rape you with the hidden fees, especially with used. Dealers have gotten smarter, because now with new cars many of their fees are hidden inside of their "invoice" price! You have to stand your ground and demand to pay the raw price. Walk out if the dealer refuses. They will change their tune when they see a deal is about to go belly up.

I could tell you stories, but it would outstretch this thread. Just do your homework and be firm; Always shop around, and never take the word of just one dealer.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:27 PM   #16
cjayx10

It doesn't stop their the service dept is a huge racket too.

2010 SS1 LS3 stock +Exhaust
cjayx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:11 PM   #17
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
There's a reason I bought my 1LE from a dealership almost 700 miles from home.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #18
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
I hate the bump sticker, you know the one that is added to the original sticker. I worked at this dealership and they charged $495 for paint protection. The cars came off the trailer, got PDI'd, then to the wash rack. Nothing was added for paint protection. Margins are low on new cars. Salespeople are paid on margin and it pissed me off, when I would sell a new vehicle and get paid $75. On used cars a dealership would add 'pact money' to the cost, sometimes like $1300. I could rant some more, but I think that I'll have some beer instead!
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:39 AM   #19
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
You definitely need to be mentally prepared to purchase a car. I know it is hard to do when purchasing an awesome toy such as a Camaro but you need to leave emotion out of the buying process. We all want the car and to get outta the dealership but You need to be prepared to say no and walk at any moment no matter how much you want that car. Negotiating is a skill and you can get better at it with experience. Try negotiating everything you buy and you will be surprised at what will happen. Stuff that you thought was non-negotiable suddenly becomes negotiable. Sometimes they won't move on price so ask for 3 years of free oil changes or throw in window tint, or other areas you can gain more value.

Also, as mentioned negotiate the price of the new car first prior to any trade ins, financing, leasing, rebates etc. Don't tell them how much you want to pay per month otherwise they just construct the deal to a monthly payment you can afford and hide all the fees in the monthly payment.

Some say a good deal is when both parties get what they want out of the negotiation. In my experience a good deal is when both parties are satisfied, which happens from time to time, but more often then not the dealer wins because they are just better at negotiating then the average person. The buyer just gets tired or impatient and just "lays down" as they call it. Make no mistake about it, this constant dragging things out at the dealership for hours is a negotiating tactic to wear you down and just pay up.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 02:14 PM   #20
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp115 View Post
Does buying a car really have to be this much of a hassle?
Seriously, it drives me crazy. Why can I not just go in, get a fair price on a car, and drive away with it? It's always, ALWAYS a huge hassle and them trying to lowball me on a trade and feeding lines of BS about how they can't budge because this or that...

I don't need to feel like I got one over on the dealer, I just need to feel like I didn't get screwed. I had a decent experience purchasing my SS, but even that was only because they were running a special where they promised $500 over Carmax's offer on a trade, and Carmax had offered me like $3k more than they did.

They didn't like that.

I let them get away with some other BS - I had to put the deal off for a few days to get some other stuff done and in the meantime the price went up because it was a special that they only run one day a month, or some nonsense.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:39 AM   #21
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
If I would have went with the first Sales person offer who claimed it was the very best they can do I would be in a 2Ls Red for $21,500. After goin back and forth to different dealers I ended up with a 1LT package, Red Hot, RS Package, Speaker package, Engine Start, Spare tire, for $20,000
xinfamousxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:52 AM   #22
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
I have a broken tail lamp thats under warranty that I am putting off just because I dont want to deal with the dealership BS. They will be trying to push every Maintenance thing the can (its a garage queen with 2500 miles) its fine just fix the stuff you got wrong from the factory (manufacturing) please. And please don't have one of your 18-19 year old dropouts try and wash it I like my car scratch free as possible. Also cant wait for the KEY FOB is mandatory BS also no I like my key works fine leave it alone fix whats broken and move along please.

trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:23 AM   #23
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
This latest purchase was an eye opener.

Went to my standard 3 dealers for 3 prices.

Got their best price for virtually the same basic car, and no one was budging.

Then , one of them emailed back to spill the beans and told me Chevy was tossing 2500
dealer cash on top of the 2500 rebate on any '14 Camaro in stock- A National Program to clear em out.

He was the only dealer in my area that came forward.

Granted, the other dealers aren't obligated to do so, but I found it funny I found the one that was willing to unveil it.

I am picking the car up in an hour . PM me if you are looking for an LT or SS, they have several. Including one Spring Edition.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #24
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
When I was searching for my ZL1 'vert last year, I contacted a zillion dealers just about. This is when I found out there were PLENTY of ZL1 convertibles languishing on the lots unsold. Boiled it down to Joe Van Horn Chevrolet in Plymouth, Wisconsin that had an IOM (1 of 60 manual trans 'verts in IOM) #4147, and Henna Chevy in Austin, TX (1 of 54 man trans in CRT) #5478. Comparable savings, but it SEEMED like Wisconsin was a little more secretive about little piddly charges here and there as the price kept changing a little here and there every time I spoke to them. Not enough to sway the deal, but it really came down to color. Both dealerships worked with me.

But I have to say, even though I've heard a few stories about Henna, it was totally a super easy process, settled on the FINAL price with all the piddly stuff included over the phone in about 20 minutes, and there was absolutely no issues with the pricing agreed to previously when I arrived to pick up the car. All with no money down. They even picked up the cab fare from the airport to the dealership. I even got additional discounts which had me paying even less than advertised internet price. Easy deal, and was treated very well and felt my business was appreciated.

Of course, that was with the car already on the lot. You may be treated differently when ordering.
Attached Images

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:53 AM   #25
Paladinjc
AC Pickles!

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LStick View Post

I am picking the car up in an hour . PM me if you are looking for an LT or SS, they have several. Including one Spring Edition.
Congrats!
Paladinjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:52 PM   #26
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinjc View Post
Congrats!
Thanks ! I'm having a ball driving this thing.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote