Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
A couple questions

I have been looking at a couple mods and I would like some advice on who makes the best product and where can I get it for the best price.

Side Vent Inserts.. I found some on Chevymall for $189.. Worth it or have a better idea?

Bowties.. I want to get rid of the gold bowties asap! Either all black or get some IOM in there somewhere.. Chevymall has some, but a lil expensive?

Concept LED side markers.. AAC or Showtopper?! I def want it painted to match IOM and tinted as well.. I know AAC is having a deal going for half off on painted to match.. But who makes the better product?!
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
For the side vents seek outside Chevymall, look around at GTS and quite a few others you'll find them a lot cheaper and equally as nice...

For the bowties definitely lose the gold bowties, you wont regret it...I actually have my black bowties for sale cheap if you decide you want to go that route but take a look at pictures before you decide exactly what you want...

And I just picked up the AAC front concept markers and I love them...definitely expensive but man do they look great at night!!

Good luck on your search and enjoy your modding!!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
Flat black paint worked well on my bowtie.
Huck1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
For the side vents seek outside Chevymall, look around at GTS and quite a few others you'll find them a lot cheaper and equally as nice...

For the bowties definitely lose the gold bowties, you wont regret it...I actually have my black bowties for sale cheap if you decide you want to go that route but take a look at pictures before you decide exactly what you want...

And I just picked up the AAC front concept markers and I love them...definitely expensive but man do they look great at night!!

Good luck on your search and enjoy your modding!!
Just for kicks.. What are those bowties going for?
Old 10-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Unique4U View Post
Just for kicks.. What are those bowties going for?
Haha you're talking to the guy that bought them new from the dealer with the car

The ones I have are made by Empire Billet and through them are almost equal to what I paid at the dealer but I've found similar ones online for around $120-140 for the pair but mine are going way cheaper than that...

The ones I got are all billet...no chrome trim around it or anything 100% black billet ALL BLACK. I was actually surprised my dealer even carried them but man did they look good...almost night and day over the stock bowtie which is my reasoning for saying that look at pictures of your color ride with different bowties etc. and you'll be able to see what you want to do but anything over the stock bowtie is a step up
Old 10-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
Haha you're talking to the guy that bought them new from the dealer with the car

The ones I have are made by Empire Billet and through them are almost equal to what I paid at the dealer but I've found similar ones online for around $120-140 for the pair but mine are going way cheaper than that...

The ones I got are all billet...no chrome trim around it or anything 100% black billet ALL BLACK. I was actually surprised my dealer even carried them but man did they look good...almost night and day over the stock bowtie which is my reasoning for saying that look at pictures of your color ride with different bowties etc. and you'll be able to see what you want to do but anything over the stock bowtie is a step up
Can you provide pics please?
Old 10-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #7
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Yes sir, here are some installed pics I have of them on my car...

Old 10-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #8
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Hmm... I am going to think about this overnight. They look good!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:26 PM   #9
sexystreetmachine
Go Baby, GO!!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 1968 SS, 1993 Z28
I know a vinyl guy who can trick your stock ones for a great price. They look incredible ill have to send some pics if I can get a hold of him. What I'm having him do is carbon fiber print the gold part of the emblem and gloss black the chrome part. I've seen it on another 5th gen he did and it's stunning. Any combination you want he can do it too. Ask 2010ROD on here to show you pics of his side vents, he had them vinyled on and they look nice. I'm getting mine done in white. PM me if you want some details
Old 10-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #10
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Again it was night and day over stock but definitely look through pics before you decide because you may change your mind on what you want later...if you end up interested in the black billet bowties shoot me a PM, good luck to you and happy modding!!