Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 04-30-2010, 04:17 PM   #15
Vet76te

Drives: 1981 Z28
Wheather it's eBAy, Craigs List, or a local want ad,...you can not be held to a contract that is false or eronious. If so,..people could sell you a fully restored 1969 Z28 convertible and when you arrived it was a 1984 4cyl Camaro.

Your ad must be accurately representative of your item or you are not held obligated for your bid. I sell a lot of items on eBay, (and buy), and I am very familiar with the practices.

In fact, all Power Sellers are now required to offer a return policy and post it in your lisitng before starting an auction.
Vet76te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #16
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vet76te View Post
Wheather it's eBAy, Craigs List, or a local want ad,...you can not be held to a contract that is false or eronious. If so,..people could sell you a fully restored 1969 Z28 convertible and when you arrived it was a 1984 4cyl Camaro.

Your ad must be accurately representative of your item or you are not held obligated for your bid. I sell a lot of items on eBay, (and buy), and I am very familiar with the practices.

In fact, all Power Sellers are now required to offer a return policy and post it in your lisitng before starting an auction.
That is correct - you cannot be held to a contract for any item that is falsely represented. Therefore you are required to inspect the item prior to bidding as your bid is a binding contract and that you are satisifed with the description and condition of the item you are bidding on. We can go on and on about this but I assure you it is your duty to inspect the item prior to bidding as a bid is binding regardless.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote