Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-21-2018, 09:12 PM   #1
kinpin
618 RWHP

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Corsa Catback Exhaust vs stock

I am looking for a way to make my car more efficient and lower boost presser I am at 14 . I am currently running stock manifold and no cats .
I am going to be running kooks headers , off road pips ( catless ) and stock exhaust . My question is ..Dose anyone know if a Corsa Catback exhaust flows better then the stock ? and in retune give even better air flow ?
kinpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:01 PM   #2
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I just responded to a post regarding Corsa. The stock exhaust flows good and I don't think aftermarket will help much. Your biggest gain is from the addition of headers and removing the cats. I have a Corsa catback and my setup is similar to yours. Mine is Loud. I mean really loud. During a cold start it will hurt your ears if you stand behind the car. Brings lots of unwanted attention. Corsa was reasonably quiet until I did the same mods you are proposing. I'm cutting off the Corsa mufflers and installing a Flowmaster Force 2 axle back to try to get rid of some of the noise. Hope this helps and gives you a little more information.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:07 PM   #3
kinpin
618 RWHP

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
I just responded to a post regarding Corsa. The stock exhaust flows good and I don't think aftermarket will help much. Your biggest gain is from the addition of headers and removing the cats. I have a Corsa catback and my setup is similar to yours. Mine is Loud. I mean really loud. During a cold start it will hurt your ears if you stand behind the car. Brings lots of unwanted attention. Corsa was reasonably quiet until I did the same mods you are proposing. I'm cutting off the Corsa mufflers and installing a Flowmaster Force 2 axle back to try to get rid of some of the noise. Hope this helps and gives you a little more information.
It dose thank you
kinpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:47 AM   #4
CamaroSS1675

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I had the Corsa on my 2013 ZL1, with kooks. It scared people when I started it up. It was loud...really loud. I traded a guy for the stock NPP..much better. Actually feels a little more responsive. Good luck
CamaroSS1675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:36 AM   #5
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Going Headers/No Cats/and any aftermarket muffler is definitely not for everyone. I wouldn't even put Corsa as the loudest setup. But if you want to keep it more subdued, the NPP factory exhaust flows just fine for I'd say up to 750-800 RWHP. After that point, you may want to think about a 3" or Diverters if you goals are even bigger.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:02 PM   #6
GONMAD510

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
I am running Kooks with no cats and the factory NPP exhaust with the fuse pulled. It is loud enough to get a cops attention. As me how I know. HAHA. I may put the fuse back in to make it a little quieter. I am running a set of noweeds diverters so if I want loud I can just open them up. The cam sounds nice rumbling through them though.
Fast 850cc Injectors, ATI Balancer, 8.66 Lower Pulley, 2.55 Upper Pulley, Lingenfelter CAI, Kooks LT with cat delete pipes, Noweeds Exhaust Cutouts (extremely loud under full throttle), BTR Stage 3 Cam, BTR Platinum 660 Valve Spring Kit, TR7ix Iridium Spark Plugs, Lingenfelter Solid Isolator, 160 Degree Thermostat, Larger SC Coolant Reservoir with Hose Relocation Kit, BMR 1.25" Lowering Springs, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Racing Brake 2 piece rotors front and rear, Starkweather Performance Custom Dyno Tune on 91 Octane.

691.38 RWHP
630.35 RWTQ
GONMAD510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:29 AM   #7
WYKDZL1

Drives: Ashen gray zl1camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
Have you thought about just putting in a magnaflow resonated x pipe
WYKDZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:29 AM   #8
Crash76
Team 913

Drives: '14 ZL1, '15 Jeep GC, ‘22 Ram 2500
I put a magnaflow in and it quieted it down , but didnt like the sound , went to regular magnaflow xpipe

Ive been thinking about having removable bullet mufflers installed where the cats go for when im at the track
Crash76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:41 AM   #9
GONMAD510

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash76 View Post
I put a magnaflow in and it quieted it down , but didnt like the sound , went to regular magnaflow xpipe

Ive been thinking about having removable bullet mufflers installed where the cats go for when im at the track
I have had a magnaflow resonated x-pipe sitting in my storage for a couple months now. I will be putting it on soon so I can get my ticket signed off.
Fast 850cc Injectors, ATI Balancer, 8.66 Lower Pulley, 2.55 Upper Pulley, Lingenfelter CAI, Kooks LT with cat delete pipes, Noweeds Exhaust Cutouts (extremely loud under full throttle), BTR Stage 3 Cam, BTR Platinum 660 Valve Spring Kit, TR7ix Iridium Spark Plugs, Lingenfelter Solid Isolator, 160 Degree Thermostat, Larger SC Coolant Reservoir with Hose Relocation Kit, BMR 1.25" Lowering Springs, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Racing Brake 2 piece rotors front and rear, Starkweather Performance Custom Dyno Tune on 91 Octane.

691.38 RWHP
630.35 RWTQ
GONMAD510 is offline   Reply With Quote