Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 03-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #85
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
thanks for posting this Synner. I think you are right...this does seem like the best solution. How long to put in and is it easy to come in and out quickly???

I guess I would still need a tank plate to do the sub belts though?

Where did you get it? Was it $597 or did you get a discount? Maybe we could get a group buy on this?
backtotintops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:18 PM   #86
Synner

Drives: cars
It took a couple hours because of seat removal but I certainly wasn't rushing and had plenty of beer breaks. Removal of the bar would be 4 bolts. I got the quick release hooks for the lap belts so they come out in 60 seconds. The crotch belts I mounted to the rear seat bolts. Its not perfectly placed because moving the seat back will take up slack so tall/round people will want tank plates to move the mounting location back a bit.

I found out BK does not sell direct to the public. I went through OG Racing, super fast communication and fast shipping which was free. I got a 5% military discount but they're in my home state so all it really did was cover sales tax.

I tried contacting vivid racing as well who is another vendor of their products. It took them days to respond and shipping was not free (or cheap). The box is huge that it comes in.

It was packaged very well, install was smooth, hardware is all quality, welds were beyond perfect, powdercoat was nice, its stainless steel, and looking at it you understand why it can withstand any crash testing thrown at it; very beefy. The only issue is it takes up the rear seat area so if you normally fill both the trunk and seat with track supplies that would cramp your style. My tool box and cooler fit in the trunk so no issues. I would highly recommend it as I think this is definitely a case where you get what you pay for.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:48 AM   #87
backtotintops

I finally got my z/28 yesterday so the belts and bar are next. You said only 4 bolts to remove. Have you removed it and put it back in a few times? Any pictures of how you mounted the crotch belts? Any other comments after having it?

thanks
Old 05-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #88
Synner

I haven't needed to remove it as I never really put anyone in the back seat but yes its 4 bolts and move the passenger seat forward to slide it out. Crotch belts are just hooked to the rear seat bolts. Used it for 2 track days and everything was great, it's very solid.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:21 AM   #89
backtotintops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Crotch belts are just hooked to the rear seat bolts.
sorry but I'm trying to order this now. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this:

bk bar comes with something that allows you to "hook" to the rear seat bolts so you can get snap hook sub belts that are removable??? I am trying to resolve the sub belts without the expense of a tank plate.

...or did you fab something?

thanks
Old 05-16-2014, 07:27 PM   #90
Synner

Lap belts have the hooks so you will need those if they don't come with it. Get sub belts with a standard bolt-in tab. Remove the seat track bolts, place bracket under seat track, tighten bolt.

I have the G-Force FIA approved 6-points so they're good for 5 years from date of manufacture. I just had to buy the hooks for the lap belts otherwise good to go.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #91
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Crap cell phone pics but you get the idea. Everything is laser cut and machine bent. I'm not trusting my life to the Chinese junk thats out there. It will hold me over until I do a custom 4-point with removable crossbar but I'm not in a hurry.
I found the B-K unit a few days back, after pretty much deciding against a harness bar. I still don't know where I fall on the pros/cons of each approach, but I do agree that this is a gorgeous piece of work: SEE IT HERE. Between engineering excellence that exceeds safety standards, ease of install, and a design that accommodates tall drivers, this is awfully tempting. I may have to call or write B-K to see what they think about the pros and cons...

If anyone wants to see just how OCD and over-built Brey-Krause tends to be, buy one of their tow hooks and use it as a paperweight. These things are gorgeous and just insanely overbuilt: HAVE A LOOK...

Old 07-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #92
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
How much of a angle do you need on these bars. I have seen some that all the way back towards the rear of the car
Old 07-21-2014, 07:43 PM   #93
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodside783 View Post
How much of a angle do you need on these bars. I have seen some that all the way back towards the rear of the car
Are you tring to build one?
Old 07-22-2014, 11:29 AM   #94
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
No I have mine in. Someone here posted the instructions on here is I got it worked out now
Old 07-22-2014, 02:43 PM   #95
Synner

+/-10 degrees from horizontal off your shoulder.