Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #15
jamesfg49

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
The Heartbeat would be at the top of my list...but they don't make the kit yet for the LS3 '10-'12 Camaro...

http://www.magnacharger.com/p-123-ch...ercharger.aspx
jamesfg49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #16
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
That isn't a heart beat system.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:27 PM   #17
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
The Heartbeat would be at the top of my list...but they don't make the kit yet for the LS3 '10-'12 Camaro...
its very close
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #18
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Add several thousand to that price you have been quoted if you want a heartbeat ontop of your ls3.

We can do it,be prepared to pay for it done right.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:56 AM   #19
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
I've seen it time and time again where someone buys from the "cheapest" place, then tries to get help/support and the cheap place has no idea. Pay a few bucks more for some support.
Words of wisdom. The vendors/shops that will give you the best results and support are not the cheapest.

But if you are doing all you own work and you know what you are doing, then buy the cheapest parts you can. But you are on your own.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:58 AM   #20
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Words of wisdom. The vendors/shops that will give you the best results and support are not the cheapest.

But if you are doing all you own work and you know what you are doing, then buy the cheapest parts you can. But you are on your own.

Agreed!

There are more powerful SC's out there but if 800 RWHP is all you will ever need a Eforce is a good choice. Also they pick up the phone every time I had a questio or sent replacement parts such as belts or tensioner at no charge with out even showing a receipt. There manuals are online to view like at jegs before the purchase to see if you can tackle yourself or any tools to get before hand and there are plenty of videos on youtube of DYI installs!

Not to mention top chevy magazines and ALL GIRLS GARAGE installed them! LOL!

So if your tackling yourself you don't need a speed shop Eldelbrock never turns your down and says talk to the speed shop you bough it at.. They will answer all your questions!

Customer service goes along way..

If you get the eforece kit with the tuner places like Jannet racing can do a tune with your SCT tuner that comes in the kit..

But if it were me I would get a race kit with no injectors or tuner.. its discounted more and that savings can go towards larger injectors which you will need if you run more than 6/7 psi all the stock kits every brand has only injectors to match that pulley in the kit, Also computer tuning is 500 at most speed shops so don't waste it on the handheld to get max power it needs to be on the dyno with a tuner.

You will also need a ZL1 pump in the future to run more psi. If doing it yourself I would go through the rear seat and make a trap door that's removable will not hurt the integrity of the car and if you do it right it will save money and time for you will out live your fuel system shorty..And get tired of dropping the tank!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #21
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Looking for some more input from you Camaro charger gurus. Putting a charger on my 100% stock 2010 LS3. Some decent deals going on now. I've found a SLP for $5800 and a Magnuson for $5900. Both are advertised as a "complete kit."

What are the trade offs between the two? Which would you pick and why?
Those are tuner kits and not complete kits.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:43 PM   #22
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
Those are tuner kits and not complete kits.
????

This guy apparently thinks he knows more about the quotes that I've gotten than I do. Very intersting.

Last edited by cc-rider; 11-19-2014 at 06:37 AM.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:29 PM   #23
Yezzir600

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
If your looking for the loud whine.... ;-)
Then jackshaft version Maggie... Adding a rear cog kit.
Yezzir600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:00 PM   #24
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Locally a shop here has the TV2300 for $6000 shipped and roughly $7250 for baseline dyno, install and post dyno.
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:17 PM   #25
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyTen2SSRS View Post
Locally a shop here has the TV2300 for $6000 shipped and roughly $7250 for baseline dyno, install and post dyno.
That's right about on par with us. About the norm everywhere unless it's on special deal.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:17 PM   #26
Magnuson Superchargers

Drives: Supercharged
Quote:
Looking for some more input from you Camaro charger gurus. Putting a charger on my 100% stock 2010 LS3. Some decent deals going on now. I've found a SLP for $5800 and a Magnuson for $5900. Both are advertised as a "complete kit."

What are the trade offs between the two? Which would you pick and why?
Beware of prices that seem too good to be true. We receive a number of calls from people who have been sold incomplete or used kits. By the time you add all the parts you need to get up and running, you're back to the price you would have paid for a full kit.

If you have any questions about whether a dealer is an authorized dealer, or if you are buying a used kit and want our feedback on what parts you'll need and approximate cost, feel free to PM us or email us at sales (at) magnusonproducts (dot) com.
Magnuson Superchargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:46 PM   #27
on3wego

Drives: 2014 zl1 triple black
I would get the magnuson. Personal experience is wonderful. I loved this blower. Didn't over heat. It's the newest best PD blower out. Runs cooler and of course makes stout power.. look at this graph.. this is my stock motor from before. With few upgrades. On a 427.. it made over 910 ft lbs tq at 3100 rpms all way to redline.. very very good blower
Attached Images