Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #57
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
had my v6 for 2 years. had just about every performance mod available for the v6, minus supercharger or turbo. I did have nitrous. My biggest issue was the tuning. Not a fan of the mail order tune, which is all that's available for the v6. And no other performance shop will touch the v6 here in vegas without charging an arm and a leg, or they wouldn't touch it at all, when it came to tuning. Car just wasn't running to it's fullest potential. and even if I could get it there, it wouldn't have been enough for me. So all in all, I just got tired of it.

I did put a lot of money into my v6, but i was putting out more power than an LS3, and still spent less overall. I just found a really great deal on an SS, and i was able to afford it. Got 19k for my v6 LS and got 28k for a 2011 2ss/rs with only 8k miles.

and still plan on modding this one.
Wow! only a $9k difference.......hope it is worth it for you........$4500 each for those two extra cylinders.
I used to live in vegas myself, stoplight on every block that stay red for a good five minutes a piece, I can just imagine your gas mileage too, and premium on top of that, then there is the Vegas price on fuel, yep sure sounds worth it to me.
I used to live by Nellis and if I still did and if I had an SS I for sure would be visiting the track out there
Old 05-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #58
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
Sounds like what I did. After 3 years, I wanted to and I could, so I did. No regrets for buying my 2010 2LT RS back in 2009 and no regrets for trading her in for my new 2012 2SS RS this past week. Who knows what I'll do in another couple of years. It's only money, God knows the government keeps printing more of it..............
So true.............and we all just keep borrowing more and more of it, lol

That debt is going to come due someday soon, I dont think we are going to be ready for it
Old 05-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #59
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
That is indeed scary and true however my personal financial house is very much in order. Two of our 3 vehicles paid in full and our house will be by the end of next year. That is how/why I can do what I do. If only our government were as fiscally responsible.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
Old 05-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #60
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
just going to pay off my current one then decide, in the 6th gen the V6 might still be a huge value, if not I can always get a lightly used SS if I feel the need. that being said I still love my current Camaro.

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
Old 05-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #61
black79ta

Drives: 79 transam with 582cid dart motor
I have the v8 and it is worth the extra 4500 per cylinder. It means a lot to me to have the car I want, so I waited 2 years.

2010 Camaro (inferno orange, 2SS, RS and such)
cat backs, catch can, CAI on the way
79 Transam, 582 cid dart motor 779hp 315's out back 40spline gdaxles tko tranny
Old 05-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #62

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Just an observation here. This trading in business (V6-V8) probably isn't a lot different than what a lot of people did with another make of car when they bought their first Camaro.
Nobody ever seems to bring up that they traded something else in (as they might a V-6 for a V-8) and took a bath (which they probably did with whatever model they traded in).
Just sayin' the trade in game is the same no matter what you unload, and what you buy.
I'm sure there were a lot of other makes traded in and a V6 or a V8 Camaro was purchased new. Nobody's losing any sleep over that...It's the same difference, good or bad.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #63
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylenewman View Post
Everyone saying my payment only went up xxx.00$ a month how many more months did you extend your loan? Did you end up with a new 60,72,84 month loan?
Same term plus a better interest rate with my SS.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #64
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by black79ta View Post
I have the v8 and it is worth the extra 4500 per cylinder. It means a lot to me to have the car I want, so I waited 2 years.
Ya but from what I understand you bought yours from the start and not traded in a V6 for one, I commend you for getting what you want and not settling for a V6 just to have a Camaro.
like you, it means a lot to me as well to get exactly the car I wanted too. I wanted the V6, that's what I got, no regrets, I see SSs all the time and they are awesome cars, but to me they are no better than any other model and no worse.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #65
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
If someone wants to put themselves in deeper debt for a measly two more cylinders then so be it, it's their right. I personally think they are being stupid with their money but that is my opinion. I think that when someone buys a high ticket item then they should stick with it, but if they trade up because they arent satisfied then they should be ready to take a hit in the wallet. I have heard so many excuses from folks trying to justify a trade up such as- "Its not really a Camaro unless it has eight cylinders" , " I was at the gas station the other day and someone asked me if it was a 8 or 6 cylinder engine, and I just couldn't handle the fact that I had to tell them it was a 6" (Oh Wahhhhhhhh!)
I have YET to hear a legitimate reason as to why I should spend ten thousand dollars just to get another two cylinders, and I have yet to hear someone in here really tell us just how bad they took it in the shorts when they traded up for the so called "prestige" of having an SS.........BIG WOOPING DEAL!
I have however heard some folks come up with some good reasons for having an SS such as they basically want more power to race it on the track, etc, etc...
The SS is a sweet car and my hat is off to the folks in here that bought one outright and got what they wanted in the first place, for those who traded up? Hey I hear there is a ZL1 model, maybe you should start stalking the dealerships so that you can trade your newly traded (financially upside down) SS, Heck you can do it, just stretch the payments out for ten years.....lol, OH! wait.....I also hear ther is a COPO Camaro too, so after you get the ZL1 you can trade it in after 6 months of ownership and get a COPO.......too funny.
Waht really gets me laughing is there are folks in here that totally swore off getting an SS and next thing you know, they are in here posting about how they "just upgraded" to an SS and wanting a pat on the back for it, wow........just wow.
true dat..
Old 05-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #66
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by J666 View Post
Banks love people like you. "My payments only went up xx!!!!!!!"

Yeah, enjoy paying your payments for another 3-4 years.
Yea haha stupid me same term loan and a better interest rate then my other loan. Stupid stupid me
Old 05-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #67
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
Waht really gets me laughing is there are folks in here that totally swore off getting an SS and next thing you know, they are in here posting about how they "just upgraded" to an SS and wanting a pat on the back for it, wow........just wow.
LOL ones here right now....
Old 05-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #68
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Yea haha stupid me same term loan and a better interest rate then my other loan. Stupid stupid me
Well.......there ARE a few exceptions to my argument lol, still think maybe you should have gotten the V8 in the first place.

Who knows? maybe one day I too will be trading my V6 in on an SS because my ego can't handle driving a V6......I am not going to say I never will, but I for one will not be coming in here and starting a thread about how I was so blind all this time and traded in my car for an SS, in fact if I EVER did trade for one, the only way you all will know that I did is probably by just reading the change in my avatar

From my observations in here I am noticing that most of these V6 purchases were from an "impulse" buy and the buyers got buyers remorse, and that most likely stems from not researching their initial purchase of this big ticket item before they bought it, I for one have had about three years from the moment of test driving each the V6 and V8. I mention the fact that I was impressed with the SS but after those three years I knew for sure what exact model I wanted.
Ya I lurked in here a lot before I bought one and I have read most of the V6 vs the V8 threads, I did my homework though and came home with the car I wanted, and I don't even have the slightest itch to go out and trade my V6 in just because of what folks in here are writing, and/or what some dufuss at the gas pump asks or says about my V6 while he is filling up his Smart car or Prius.

Last edited by 007s 'Vert; 05-05-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #69

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I have a suggestion for those who traded to a V-8 SS. To avoid aggravation, just get a new screen name and pretend you're a new member. You won't be judged and you won't have to explain yourself.

My God, I've never heard so much angst over how someone spends their own money to get what they want. If there was no money spent unnecessarily by anyone, this web-site probably wouldn't exist, and there certainly wouldn't be a heck of lot to talk about. Peace!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #70
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I have a suggestion for those who traded to a V-8 SS. To avoid aggravation, just get a new screen name and pretend you're a new member. You won't be judged and you won't have to explain yourself.

My God, I've never heard so much angst over how someone spends their own money to get what they want. If there was no money spent unnecessarily by anyone, this web-site probably wouldn't exist, and there certainly wouldn't be a heck of lot to talk about. Peace!

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS

Closed Thread