Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #43
LostInAustin

Drives: 2013 2LS
I have been there before , but usually the person disappointed in my choice of car is walking , or driving a POS , so I don't really care. Regardless of engine , I get compliments on my car daily. I love the car, that's the only thing that matters .

Cosmetic Painted Bowties : Painted Tail Light Bezels : Blacked Out Side Markers : 19x10 Forgestar CF10's
Old 09-02-2014, 07:44 AM   #44
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Op, why didnt you buy a used 2011/2012 V8? It is not about hate bro but honestly most young guys who are car savvy would immediately think V8 when it comes to Camaro or Mustang. Personally I would have either picked up a slighly more used V8 or went with something more practical if gas was an issue. No your car is NOT a p.o.s but on the other hand what were you expecting when you opted for a v6 camaro? I'm a younger guy myself and I know better AND not being a tool but yes I laugh at younger dudes thinking they have a sports car when they drive a late model V6 stang, challenger, or camaro (i dont do that on here). Older dudes, and chicks can pull off V6'ers but not us younger guys lol

On the other hand, dont bother what others think or say if you like it. People will be people plain and simple. Some are jealous of you, others are thnking why on earth a V6 (not hating). Turn a deaf ear to it and man up and thicken your skin.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:06 AM   #45
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I've been around a long time and I've never seen anyone give a V6 car any respect when a more powerful V-8 option was available. Why would it be any different today. There are a few V6 options out there that do earn respect these days. You know why? It's because they are the best performer in what they come in. The ecoboost v6 in the F150 is an example if this. Face it, you bought a performance car with an economy car motor. That doesn't make sense to most car guys. Sorry. If I'm buying a performance car, I want the one with the most power available. To me that is the entire reason for buying a car like this. That is also the reason I went from an SS to a ZL1. I don't make fun of guys with V6's. I just don't get way someone would want one. I can think of many other other cars that get better MGPs, are more comfortable, and more practical as a daily driver. If you like it and have your own reasons for owning one, then why do you worry about what other people think? Young people are so sensitive these days.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:16 AM   #46
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
If you buy a V6: "why didn't you get a SS?"

SS: "why not a 1LE?"

1LE: "why not a ZL1?"

ZL1: "why not a Z/28?"

Z/28: "why not a corvette?"

Corvette: "Why not a Z51?"

Z51: "why not a Z06?"

Z06: "why not a ...."

People do this to everyone, no matter what you drive...just blow it off.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:18 AM   #47
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
why all the worries, OP? Maybe you should've gotten an import if you're looking for younger social acceptance. You can always go FI on the V6 for more bragging HP. Just be thankful you got a free car.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:26 AM   #48
Goodels
2013 Camaro 1LT

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
To everyone saying that "You're so sensitive" or anything along those lines. What I'm saying is exactly what I see in the comments. The fight between the V6 and the V8. We both have Camaros. They are amazing cars. I just don't get why the fight has to be between us? They both have their respective power and honestly, I don't need to get a V8 right now, I can save that for when I'm older. I'm only 18 and I have a V6 Camaro and it is still more horsepower than most cars around today. I'm sorry that you might think that I'm being insecure, I'm not. What I'm trying to say is theres no need for the fighting between the V6 and V8. What really matters is how do you drive it. All those who keep pissing on V6s in the post and forums whats wrong with you? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Does it make you feel better to do that? and to answer Motorheads question about why get a V6, its the gas mileage honestly. I don't want to be driving a prius, I love the Camaro and it a V6 is a good starting car for a kid who is graduating high school and has good gas mileage. If I got a V8 now I would more than likely kill myself or have sky high insurance.

To answer Mariojame, I tried looking for a V8 that was an older model but they weren't in my price range still. It was hard enough to offered the Camaro I got. I was lucky that my parents did what they did. I do want a V8, don't get me wrong. But I do realize I'm an 18 year old who would more than likely kill themselves with it. Even the dealership said that.

To everyone though, why be dicks about if you have a V6 or a V8? They all have the same badge on them, a Camaro. Chevy wouldn't make a V6 if it didn't have confidence in it. I love the gas mileage though.

Last edited by Goodels; 09-02-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:30 AM   #49
InsanityStrikesAgain

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS - 14 Silverado Z71 LTZ
Lol condescending comments with no substance, OP said it was a gift from parents and also had a budget but wanted a camaro...seems to me like he made a great choice...Why he didn't choose the v8 is pretty obvious at this point...the v6 producing 300+ hp and its economic not performance? Yikes I'll leave that one alone,you don't put people down but then say only old people and chicks pull off a v6? But then don't care about what people say? Lol make up your mind...and I've seen more younger people with v6s because it's what they can currently afford...I see a lot more old timers with ZL1s...at least in camaro happy Houston Texas
Old 09-02-2014, 08:38 AM   #50
beasstmode

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian559 View Post
About 5 times day.
+1
Old 09-02-2014, 08:42 AM   #51
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Because they end up with crappy add ons and lambo doors, plus it's a camaro it should have a v8 only. But seriously this stupid azz question has been beat to death always the same answer from different people so google the 2.8 trillion other threads about it.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #52
TX/ZL1

Drives: '14 ZL1 RRM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodels View Post
To everyone saying that "You're so sensitive" or anything along those lines. What I'm saying is exactly what I see in the comments. The fight between the V6 and the V8. We both have Camaros. They are amazing cars. I just don't get why the fight has to be between us? They both have their respective power and honestly, I don't need to get a V8 right now, I can save that for when I'm older. I'm only 18 and I have a V6 Camaro and it is still more horsepower than most cars around today. I'm sorry that you might think that I'm being insecure, I'm not. What I'm trying to say is theres no need for the fighting between the V6 and V8. What really matters is how do you drive it. All those who keep pissing on V8s in the post and forums whats wrong with you? Does it make you feel better to do that? and to answer Motorheads question about why get a V6, its the gas mileage honestly. I don't want to be driving a prius, I love the Camaro and it a V6 is a good starting car for a kid who is graduating high school and has good gas mileage. If I got a V8 now I would more than likely kill myself or have sky high insurance.

To answer Mariojame, I tried looking for a V8 that was an older model but they weren't in my price range still. It was hard enough to offered the Camaro I got. I was lucky that my parents did what they did. I do want a V8, don't get me wrong. But I do realize I'm an 18 year old who would more than likely kill themselves with it. Even the dealership said that.

To everyone though, why be dicks about if you have a V6 or a V8? They all have the same badge on them, a Camaro. Chevy wouldn't make a V6 if it didn't have confidence in it. I love the gas mileage though.
Well OP, what have we learned here?
First, asking a question around the issue of V6 vs V8 is like opening a bag full of cats and throwing another cat in.
Second, don't ask a question here unless your willing get answers. Folks here will tell you what they think.
Third, the people on this forum give no quarter and expect no quarter. Regardless of your age, gender, etc., your going to get it straight up.
Now, if that's ok with you, you will learn a great deal here (I certainly have), and you will find that people are very quick to help any way they can.
I wish that there was a place like this when I was your age.....Unfortunately there wasn't an internet back then.
hHng in there....This place will do you good!
Old 09-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #53
Goodels
2013 Camaro 1LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
Because they end up with crappy add ons and lambo doors, plus it's a camaro it should have a v8 only. But seriously this stupid azz question has been beat to death always the same answer from different people so google the 2.8 trillion other threads about it.
I haven't seen other threads about it. I tried looking for them and didn't see anything.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #54
damian559

Drives: 2015 1SS, 1LE, Recaro, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed585Lbs View Post
Just drive a LFX stick or automatic 1LS or LT and you will know why Gen4 and older owners talk bad about V6'ers. They're embarrassed by 323 hp and 25+ mpg.

Naa, naa, naa!
A LS1 Camaro will walk all over you.
12.1 @ 117 (Motor)
11.7 @ 129 (Nitrous)
Nitrous Outlet Single Nozzle Kit | Stand Alone Fuel Cell w/ C16 | Custom Grind Cam | Stainless Power 1 7/8 LT Headers | CAI Intake | ATI Super Damper | BMR Trailing Arms & Toe Links | Prothane Polyurethane Sub-frame Bushings | JDP Upper Control Arm Bushings | MT Drag Radials | Tuned by SS Motorsports
Youtube Channel:
Click Here
Old 09-02-2014, 09:05 AM   #55
Goodels
2013 Camaro 1LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX/ZL1 View Post
Well OP, what have we learned here?
First, asking a question around the issue of V6 vs V8 is like opening a bag full of cats and throwing another cat in.
Second, don't ask a question here unless your willing get answers. Folks here will tell you what they think.
Third, the people on this forum give no quarter and expect no quarter. Regardless of your age, gender, etc., your going to get it straight up.
Now, if that's ok with you, you will learn a great deal here (I certainly have), and you will find that people are very quick to help any way they can.
I wish that there was a place like this when I was your age.....Unfortunately there wasn't an internet back then.
hHng in there....This place will do you good!
Haha I have learned a great deal on here already! I can tell they say how they feel too I still don't understand why V6 gets so much hate, even though it has great performance and gas mileage. It's my daily driver and I love it
I am willing for the answers, but I don't like being called something I am not. There isn't a need for it. I am grateful though for having this resource. It truly does help a lot!
Old 09-02-2014, 09:13 AM   #56
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Oh no...
Attached Images

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".

Closed Thread

Tags
camaro v6, discussion, hate