Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

Drives: sometimes
HP Tuners and updates

I got my HP Tuners VCM Suite 2.22 and installed it (Win 7 different topic and a challenge) and got it all to work.

Just be informed that there are Beta versions that tuners are using and HP Tuners will have to be contancted to get the beta download based on your license number. I did all this and got it to work and I am now able to read the tunes that are from the betas.

Also, mine is showing that there are 11 updates for the Camaro and I have only one credit for discount. FYI each update point is $50.00 and since ten are required to get the full unlock I would like to understand what the extra feature are.

What am I missing or not seeing by not having these other updates?
Old 06-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #2
IMADreamer

Drives: Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged
Why are you paying for updates? Just send them an email and they will link you to the beta download which it looks like you've done already. The next "stable" release is going to be 2.24 I think and it should be out before long, or so I've heard and you shouldn't have to pay for that either. It will have all the tables from the beta plus the tables they unlock between now and then.
IMADreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

2.24 and the betas are related to the HP Tuners software itself. Not the specific car model that has updates showing.

My question is related to the license credit for the car that I have used that is showing available updates for the car not the software.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
you only need 2 credits to tune your camaro, just a 1 time purchase,, hptuners does not offer ecm updates per car/ecm,, your on your own to tune it,, the hptuners software has free updates and beta versions as you need them.
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
DSteck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
2.23 is the only thing available right now... not 2.24.

You do not need to "update" anything with credits. They are showing you the upgrade path if you want to be able to tune an unlimited number of 2010 Camaros. If you don't plan to tune a bunch of 2010 Camaros, don't worry about it.
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
99-LS1-SS
Waiting...

Drives: 2009 G8 GXP M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSteck View Post

You do not need to "update" anything with credits. They are showing you the upgrade path if you want to be able to tune an unlimited number of 2010 Camaros. If you don't plan to tune a bunch of 2010 Camaros, don't worry about it.
This.
Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms and toe rods
Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit
99-LS1-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #7
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSteck View Post

DSteck,
Thanks. This is brings a better understanding than what they provide in their Help section. I have not sent them any money and this little investigation prevents me from wasting money on something I probaly wouldn't use.

Is 2.23 the same as the beta or is it something else?

I wish that HP Tuners would have a registered user mailing list notification for their new releases since the software is not like MOST others that automatically update. I tend to think that is ridiculous. I had to practically use a hammer to get it to work with Win 7.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
DSteck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
Getting it to work on the new operating systems is pretty straight forward... Plug in the interface, add the signed 64-bit drivers in, and that's it.

2.23 is the beta. Any odd numbered version is a beta, even numbered versions are stable releases. 2.23 being beta software means they aren't going to flash around saying to everyone that they have a beta available, because it's not intended for public use. They update the software fairly regularly, so unless you want an e-mail every couple days saying something that may or may not apply to you was updated, then I wouldn't ask for e-mail updates.

I participate regularly on the forum, and simply request an updated beta once every week or two. I've never had a reason to complain.
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote