Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-31-2011, 10:47 PM   #71
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black GT View Post
Had a local Chevy dealer tell me a 300 hp car is a girls car.
Right.....but I'm sure a Chevy with a 350 (with less HP) is a mans car.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:55 PM   #72
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Right.....but I'm sure a Chevy with a 350 (with less HP) is a mans car.
Gotta love those car dealers... I was at a local Chrysler dealership and one of the salesmen said something along those lines when I was driving my Infiniti and looking around. I hate when they block you in and salesman walks to your car, sometimes I just feel like running them over. But hey it's their job...
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:54 PM   #73
gjarzabek009

Drives: 1LT
stock for stock the mustang beats the camaro. Modded camaro vs stock mustang, camaro wins. Modded mustang vs modded camaro, mustang wins. Turbo camaro vs modded mustang, camaro wins. Turbo camaro vs turbo mustang, mustang wins. lol. Alot of ignorant v8 meatheads in this thread. I've raced a few gt's and I beat more then half of them and I don't consider myself a good driver when it comes to drag.
-VMAX Ported TB
-Maces 25mm Insulator
-Ported Intake manifolds (soon)
gjarzabek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:40 AM   #74
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT 79 View Post
The 05-09 gt will more or less beat a v-6 camaro by around 8 car lengths, so it's not a driver's race by any means.
Uh no it won't. Catch a GT nappin and it's going to has a sad.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:42 AM   #75
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjarzabek009 View Post
stock for stock the mustang beats the camaro. Modded camaro vs stock mustang, camaro wins. Modded mustang vs modded camaro, mustang wins. Turbo camaro vs modded mustang, camaro wins. Turbo camaro vs turbo mustang, mustang wins. lol. Alot of ignorant v8 meatheads in this thread. I've raced a few gt's and I beat more then half of them and I don't consider myself a good driver when it comes to drag.
When did anybody bring up modded v8 vs anything or turbo v8 vs anything? The only people here bringing up modded cars are v6 owners. Quote me on that, please. I drive an H4 and you'd probably count me as one of those, "ignorant v8 meatheads," but in actuality I am just being a realist. Some would say I am a mustang fanboy, but I joined this site because I am very interested in owning a fifth gen camaro because they're gorgeous and pretty great performers, however I don't dilute myself because I don't own one.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:02 AM   #76
gjarzabek009

Drives: 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
When did anybody bring up modded v8 vs anything or turbo v8 vs anything? The only people here bringing up modded cars are v6 owners. Quote me on that, please. I drive an H4 and you'd probably count me as one of those, "ignorant v8 meatheads," but in actuality I am just being a realist. Some would say I am a mustang fanboy, but I joined this site because I am very interested in owning a fifth gen camaro because they're gorgeous and pretty great performers, however I don't dilute myself because I don't own one.
Read about a few more threads and maybe you'll see what I mean about v8 meatheads.
-VMAX Ported TB
-Maces 25mm Insulator
-Ported Intake manifolds (soon)
gjarzabek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:10 AM   #77
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjarzabek009 View Post
Read about a few more threads and maybe you'll see what I mean about v8 meatheads.
I don't have to. I frequent enough car forums (including this one, I've been here MUCH longer) to know that everyone favors their own car, myself included. Here's the problem: whether you want to admit it or not, you favor your own vehicle. Fact of the matter is, the 3v GT STOCK is at least equal to your bolt on v6 with perfect driving in each car.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:40 AM   #78
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black GT View Post
Had a local Chevy dealer tell me a 300 hp car is a girls car.
LOL,

2. That means most of the cars on the road are girls' cars.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:07 AM   #79
SWAT 79

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Uh no it won't. Catch a GT nappin and it's going to has a sad.

....No no, it will. I've done this ad nauseum but the fanboys can understand facts. A mustang gt (05-09) will run the 1/4 mile roughly 8 tenths faster in then the comparable v-6 (auto/manual, convert/coupe). That Equates to 8 car lengths. Simple math, common sense, and real world evidence when seen on the track or at private runways.

It's the way it is, I know your salesmen told you that the v-6 camaro was just as fast as the v-8 mustang, but unfortunately for you, it's not. It will take a lot of mods for a v-6 camaro to beat out a gt mustang, but again, we've gone over this, I really don't see whats so hard for you people to understand.

V-6 Camaro = "fast" Mustang GT= "faster"
SWAT 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #80
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
....No no, it will. I've done this ad nauseum but the fanboys can understand facts. A mustang gt (05-09) will run the 1/4 mile roughly 8 tenths faster in then the comparable v-6 (auto/manual, convert/coupe). That Equates to 8 car lengths. Simple math, common sense, and real world evidence when seen on the track or at private runways.

It's the way it is, I know your salesmen told you that the v-6 camaro was just as fast as the v-8 mustang, but unfortunately for you, it's not. It will take a lot of mods for a v-6 camaro to beat out a gt mustang, but again, we've gone over this, I really don't see whats so hard for you people to understand.

V-6 Camaro = "fast" Mustang GT= "faster"
Because you can't face reality. Even a GT owner has posted most people don't run 13s. What more do you need than a Mustang owner saying what the rest of us have seen with our own eyes? Yes, everything being exactly equal GT > V6 5th Gen. 0.8 seconds is just something you came up from a few magazines; that's not real world. Drivers do matter! In this case it can be enough for the V6 to win sometime. Hence, driver's race sometimes. Mod the V6 with full set of bolt ons and it will be more than a sometimes.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #81
SWAT 79

Holy shit, this is like talking to an ignorant brick wall.

If a mustang gt is running 14's (which some drivers do) then the camaro naturally is running 15's. That would be REAL WORLD.

In the real world, a mid 13 second car doesn't run 14's while a mid 14 second car runs low 14's as some suggested.

No matter which way you cut it, the gt is running almost a full second faster than the v-6 camaro, regardless of how you guys try to convince yourself it's a drivers race.

Also, the few of you owners who have been to the track, are full of shit. Yeah every once in awhile people run 14's in a mustang, just like every once in a while people in a v-6 run mid 15's. I've seen it happen, does that mean I discredit v-6 times saying that in the REAL WORLD (which mind you, is my limited track experience, the same as all of yours)? No it doesn't, because I'm a car enthusiast, not a biased fanboy.

The question was whats faster, and that is a mustang gt, no matter which way you cut it, which is almost a full second faster then a v6 camaro. Let's put it this way, which maybe you guys will understand. A 2010 Camaro SS is 1/2 a second faster then a mustang gt, or will put roughly 5-6 car lengths on a mustang gt.

Do you like that analogy better since it's a camaro that's faster then a mustang?
Old 08-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #82
WE485

Drives: 2010 SS
you guys do know this is a camaro site right?

1996 Z28
04 GTO
2010 SS
2011 Avalanche
WE485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #83
SWAT 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE485 View Post
you guys do know this is a camaro site right?

Right, but that doesn't mean that incorrect information can be used as fact. I doubt any forum would want to be operated that way.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #84
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Holy shit, this is like talking to an ignorant brick wall.

If a mustang gt is running 14's (which some drivers do) then the camaro naturally is running 15's. That would be REAL WORLD.

In the real world, a mid 13 second car doesn't run 14's while a mid 14 second car runs low 14's as some suggested.

No matter which way you cut it, the gt is running almost a full second faster than the v-6 camaro, regardless of how you guys try to convince yourself it's a drivers race.

Also, the few of you owners who have been to the track, are full of shit. Yeah every once in awhile people run 14's in a mustang, just like every once in a while people in a v-6 run mid 15's. I've seen it happen, does that mean I discredit v-6 times saying that in the REAL WORLD (which mind you, is my limited track experience, the same as all of yours)? No it doesn't, because I'm a car enthusiast, not a biased fanboy.

The question was whats faster, and that is a mustang gt, no matter which way you cut it, which is almost a full second faster then a v6 camaro. Let's put it this way, which maybe you guys will understand. A 2010 Camaro SS is 1/2 a second faster then a mustang gt, or will put roughly 5-6 car lengths on a mustang gt.

Do you like that analogy better since it's a camaro that's faster then a mustang?

Again, same day same track I'm seeing 14.0-14.2 GTs and a 14.5 V6. Both supposedly stock. That's not 0.8 sec. Don't go by magazine times. I know you like GTs and can't stand that newer cars have better performance, but it is REAL! I imagine the new V6 Mustang is beating quite a few older GTs too, just haven't seen one at the track yet.