Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #29
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
All this talk about the Z being a DD and pricing or creature comforts. Really??? Get over it and buy something else if you don't like it, move on and find something else to complain about. Look at the original Z28 in 1967. Was it a practical for everyone as a DD especially if you opted for the cross-ram dual four intake & headers in the trunk waiting to be installed by the dealer?? It's a base for a race car, not a Cadillac. The public is spoiled with comforts. Want a race car buy it, want a street car buy it but don't expect both out of one. The Camaro isn't a "super car" and never will be. It's average Joes muscle car just as it was intended way back in the day.
t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #30
Yeti

Drives: Summit White RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by t&t moyer View Post
All this talk about the Z being a DD and pricing or creature comforts. Really??? Get over it and buy something else if you don't like it, move on and find something else to complain about. Look at the original Z28 in 1967. Was it a practical for everyone as a DD especially if you opted for the cross-ram dual four intake & headers in the trunk waiting to be installed by the dealer?? It's a base for a race car, not a Cadillac. The public is spoiled with comforts. Want a race car buy it, want a street car buy it but don't expect both out of one. The Camaro isn't a "super car" and never will be. It's average Joes muscle car just as it was intended way back in the day.
Nicely put.

Most people out there just see every 5th gen as a camaro, they just don't know the diffrence. My little v6 still turns heads and it puts a smile on my face, thats all that really matters. So go out and drive a camaro no matter which one it is.
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #31
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by t&t moyer View Post
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:51 AM   #32
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
I thought you could get a Z/28 with options. Although it would defeat the purpose of the Z/28.
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:22 AM   #33
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post
I thought you could get a Z/28 with options. Although it would defeat the purpose of the Z/28.
Only option is A/C
Old 04-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #34
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
For those who really want one and don't intend to race much. A few speakers and some well placed Dynamat can take care of many of your issues. Most people would put headers on it anyhow so the weight loss of factory exhaust parts could offset the dynamat and a couple speakers.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:39 AM   #35
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
People are upset by the approach GM took in creating the Z/28 not because they can't afford it, if you want speak for yourself go right ahead. It's just not practical for most ppl especially in my case being track orientated. I can reduce weight by taking out my speakers, and other means. But I'd rather not. Instead of stripping down to reduce weight a 5th Gen they should have waited for the Z/28 to be on a platform that will already be engineered for less weight(6th Gen) while maintaining some of the comforts people are used to. By putting a LS7 engine in GM is trying to sway some people to jump. I'm staying put. Kudos for GM bringing the hallowed name back but it was forced with a sub-par refresh. For those making it a DD good luck with that, I'm laughing at the first member who tears up his front lip on the highway.
I can afford. I think GM did exactly what they should have done with introducing this car at the tail end of the 5th gen platform production cycle. I love the car. I would never DD it. I don't DD my ZL1. These cars are toys for me. They come out when I have time and the weather is right. I could use the Z/28 the same exact way I use my ZL1 without any issues. I may just do that. There was a time when I had to DD my performance cars but that time has passed. I for one love this new Z/28.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #36
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
That would be the ultimate 1LE. I would do backflips if they made Kinetic Blue available but I'm not optimistic. Is the lack of a nice blue the only thing holding you back from a 2014 1LE?
Yea, pretty much. Been waiting for a good, true blue. After thinking about the Z28 for a bit, I know its not for me. My car is my DD, so a Z is over the top, plus I still think the 1LE is the best starting platform for mods, in the power/weight/price balance.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:20 AM   #37
HelloWorld

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2046
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
People are upset by the approach GM took in creating the Z/28 not because they can't afford it, if you want speak for yourself go right ahead. It's just not practical for most ppl especially in my case being track orientated. I can reduce weight by taking out my speakers, and other means. But I'd rather not. Instead of stripping down to reduce weight a 5th Gen they should have waited for the Z/28 to be on a platform that will already be engineered for less weight(6th Gen) while maintaining some of the comforts people are used to. By putting a LS7 engine in GM is trying to sway some people to jump. I'm staying put. Kudos for GM bringing the hallowed name back but it was forced with a sub-par refresh. For those making it a DD good luck with that, I'm laughing at the first member who tears up his front lip on the highway.
If they did wait until the 6th gen I would still want them to strip out the radio and make the AC optional, less weight would still be better for a track oriented car even if the baseline is not as heavy as the 5th gen.

As for DDing the Z/28 I would definitely do that if I ever get my hands on one.
HelloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #38
snapp32e

Drives: '81-Z28/'07-Tundra/'12-ZL1/'13-Jeep
I'd DD the Z28 if it was a 20 minute commute to where ever but if I'm going to be driving for an hour and out enjoying the drive, I want my ZL1. It's the best of both worlds. Track performer and cruiser, you decide.
ZL1 #612
snapp32e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #39
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Drives: '13 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
I love listening to the exhaust. Usually the only time my radio comes on it when my windows are up because of bad weather or if someone else is riding with me. Other than that the exhaust note is pure ear sex
JBA 3" CAT-BACK Model 40-3114
Cold Air Inductions intake (near-chrome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o-6g...ujjgV9wZo9jnXw

Quote:
I agree, my car without cats doesn't smell like rotten eggs, it smells like high octane Bad@ssness emitted through a natural speaker producing "Muscle Car Music"
ebaugh1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #40
Joebot8484
ZL1 # 1307

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 2008 Hummzilla H3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
As a ZL1 owner, the last thing I am worried about is the Z/28 outshining the ZL1. I am thrilled that GM made the Z/28. I think that is a little presumptuous of you. I have not run into any ZL1 owners that have anything negative to say about the Z/28. While they may be surprised at the approach and have opinions on what they would have like to have seen, I think the #1 issue most people have is that is going to cost MORE than the ZL1 which is tough to justify unless you are a totally committed track person.
ZL1 owner and I agree with you 100% I love my ZL1 because it has everything i need in a camaro, power, handling and all the creature comforts. If I had the money and a local road course I'd get a Z/28 but I would drive it to the track and back and that'd be it.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #41
kingbambino22

Drives: 2023Porsche Cayenne S
My only gripe about the Z/28 would be not coming with a spare set of street wheel/tires. I would have used the ZL1 hood and front bumper with a redesign splitter towards better downforce ( similar to the 302 laguna seca.) Foglight's removed for brake ducts. I frequently race (autoX) so the Z/28 is right up my alley.
kingbambino22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #42
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaugh1990 View Post
I will buy a z/28, and it will be my DD. that is all.
Right on man!