Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 08-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Zcamkidd97

Drives: Red 97 Z28. 30th Anni Ed.
Heeeeellllllp internal lighting new dash kit install

I am new to the updating scene as far as internal lighting and what have you goes. So i would love any links or help in my venture to install a reverse glow gauge set in the dash cluster spot. I had a company send me one kit that did not seem to fit and then they sent me another that was a far odder shape. Both of them look as though the would not fit. one of them would cover part of the miles. and the other is just an odd shape all together! I am not too partial to wiring it up to anything since again, this whole thing is new to me. I am an engine bloke lol. Anyway, if anyone has replaced a cluster for one of these or has knowledge about anything to do with it, I would love to talk with you. I am in a mad rush, I am going to be competing in Long beach at the annual rod run in September soooo it is really bloody close. If you have anything to say please email me , i see that alot faster than i see this. (Zcamkidd97@gmail.com) Thank you so much for your help.

This is the first one that seems like it is going to cover up the miles
http://ttmotor2000.com/IGG/IGG-CV105.jpg

This is the second one, the one that I think is supposed to fit
http://www.speedstersource.com/MOMO/ELCH014H_W.jpg
"Something Wicked This Way Comes" 383 LT1 .Edelbrock strut tower brace. Lower arms. Adj panhard. Subframe con. BBK power plus tb. Eb int. K&N cai. Eb Longtube Headers. Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust. Off road Y-pipe. Slp tips. 4L60E. Stage three shift kit. Trans break. Nickle block. Forged pistons. 30 Bore. Multi spark. Race pack dist and spark plugs 8mm race wires. Dual pillar pod. Oil temp and pressure guages.Eb wp. 3.73 gears. Bose speaker system and sony system.. drilled slotted rotors. Brembo break pads & cals.
Zcamkidd97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
CaryE1

Drives: Black 2011 2LT
Emailing you, too... But others might be interested.

Is this the same cluster you have? ebay gauge cluster

If so, that 2nd one looks like it should fit (first pic looks like they might be too tall)... If that isn't your gauge, take a pic of yours and send it to me and I'll see if I can find the right one for you.

I guess I dont quite know what you mean when you state "cover the miles..." Basically, that template will go underneath the frame for the gauges. You'll need to pull the cluster and disassemble it - should be about 4 or 5 pieces to it. Then, you'll need to remove the needles for the gauge - they'll pop off, but be VERY careful when removing them, I've found it's easiest to place the edge of a spoon underneath and gently press till it pops... Then you can remove the stock template. Sometimes they have glue or adhesive holding them in place, you'll need to scrape it all off or you'll get wrinkles and a sloppy fit on your new one when you place everything back together. Assembly will be the reverse of dis-assembly.

Let me know if this helps,

Cary
Old 08-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #3
Zcamkidd97

It is like this but without the digital read out. It is a late release camaro from 97 . http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=41503851522
Ok :") I can get it off now cheers! but I don't know how to wire it up crap!
"Something Wicked This Way Comes" 383 LT1 .Edelbrock strut tower brace. Lower arms. Adj panhard. Subframe con. BBK power plus tb. Eb int. K&N cai. Eb Longtube Headers. Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust. Off road Y-pipe. Slp tips. 4L60E. Stage three shift kit. Trans break. Nickle block. Forged pistons. 30 Bore. Multi spark. Race pack dist and spark plugs 8mm race wires. Dual pillar pod. Oil temp and pressure guages.Eb wp. 3.73 gears. Bose speaker system and sony system.. drilled slotted rotors. Brembo break pads & cals.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
CaryE1

Drives: Black 2011 2LT
Hmmmm, based on this, now I'm thinking that the first one was correct. Did it not line up correctly? Did you try to fit it in and have problems?
Old 08-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
Zcamkidd97

Gah

It was covering the spot where the analogue read out was. That why I thought it was the wrong one.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
Zcamkidd97

What is your email mate? I'll show you what I am talking about. It will not let me post anymore photos here .