Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-21-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
New top arrived today

I really like my service advisor. He introduced me to the trim shop that will do the work. I got a chance to check references and verify I wasn't his first top. I believe I'm his eighth top.

So I get to schedule the appt with the trim shop and watch if I desire. Nice!

I'll let you know how it goes and post all the part #s.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Pics Please!!!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
intensifi

Car is under going the top replacement right now. It started yesterday and continues today.

The installer noticed my 5th bow was going bad so that was ordered as well.

I asked him to take pics of anything out of the ordinary. He said the water mgmt bag was perfect (6 tube version) so he didn't take any pics of it. He indicated that my top was better than many he had seen (other than the frayed fabric where it rubbed against the frame).

I'll post final pics when I get it back. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:29 AM   #4
intensifi

Smile

It turned out great!

I'll add another pic tomorrow with the top down, but it does not come anywhere close to the frame any more.

When driving it doesn't flop around in the wind nearly as much.

I note that nothing on the invoice says MY '14. The installer said no MY designations were on the boxes either.

If you are in the SF Bay area and need a top replacement, I can recommend the shop my dealer uses. PM me if interested.
Attached Images

Last edited by intensifi; 06-13-2013 at 12:50 AM.
intensifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #5
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Have you noticed it being tighter when you raise the top (creaking and growning)? Does it come up to the latches without having to pull it down to turn the handle?
Mine was tight the first week or two, but worked great after that. Since having the WMB replaced, I've had no problems with the top or 5th bow either. I get the occasional shiney spot in the fabric if the top is down for long periods, but no actual wear marks.
Hope this solves your top issues and you can enjoy it from here on out.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #6
intensifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Have you noticed it being tighter when you raise the top (creaking and growning)? Does it come up to the latches without having to pull it down to turn the handle?
Mine was tight the first week or two, but worked great after that. Since having the WMB replaced, I've had no problems with the top or 5th bow either. I get the occasional shiney spot in the fabric if the top is down for long periods, but no actual wear marks.
Hope this solves your top issues and you can enjoy it from here on out.
No creaking and browning. It sounds the same going up and down.

It is a little tighter when latching it but not much.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
No creaking and browning. It sounds the same going up and down.

It is a little tighter when latching it but not much.
yep..there's some creaking and "groaning". Each of my 4 tops have done that after about 90 days on the frame.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
It turned out great!

I'll add another pic tomorrow with the top down, but it does not come anywhere close to the frame any more.
That's good. That was my experience as well on the first go-around. And it stayed put - meaning that it didn't start shifting over time. My original top was definitely rubbing on the well.

Quote:
When driving it doesn't flop around in the wind nearly as much.
I noticed that with my 1st replacement top as well, but over time it loosened-up some and flopped like the original. I expect the same on my 2nd replacement. (Hopefully LAST...)

I also had the same experience with the tightness of the top. It definitely takes more force to pull it down to latch, but it eases over time. My original top got so loose that if I didn't stop it soon enough, it would slam into the header and I'd have to lift it to turn the latch.