Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #43
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
Yeah, pretty much.
Thats too bad, it really seemed like procharger was about to pull the trigger. But for all those that still want a centri SC system....build yer own! or outsource to SC2150!
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #44
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
The fact of the matter is; Anyone with an SC getting any substantial HP are rebuilding their engine or swapping it out completely for one that will hold without breaking up.
However, not understanding the entire issue, just get a bracket custom made for the lower end procharger? Air is air on a 6cyl. or an 8cyl. you just need the bracket.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #45
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I'll be waiting for a sc. Some day!!
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:00 AM   #46
Chevrole+

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
The fact of the matter is; Anyone with an SC getting any substantial HP are rebuilding their engine or swapping it out completely for one that will hold without breaking up.
However, not understanding the entire issue, just get a bracket custom made for the lower end procharger? Air is air on a 6cyl. or an 8cyl. you just need the bracket.
not so much....fuel issues...car would run wayyyyy too lean!!
v6 isnt nearly as easy to tune as the v8
Chevrole+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:04 AM   #47
cjt037
boost+v6=me=:)

Drives: Turbo'd 6er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
This is the email I got from Procharger:

"I'm just as anxious to get a kit developed for the V6 Camaros as you are.
Unfortunately, nobody has made tuning available for these cars yet. As soon
as HP Tuners, SCT, or Diablo makes tuning available, we'll start
development."

Vince needs to get with these guys!!!

EVERYBODY START WRITING EMAILS TO PROCHARGER!! LETS SHOW THEM THERE IS DEMAND OUT THERE!!

Just Imagine... 475HP!!! for only $5000
But its crank power not wheel. So take the 75 off you have about 400
cjt037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:30 AM   #48
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjt037 View Post
But its crank power not wheel. So take the 75 off you have about 400
+1 Also remember it depends on the tranny you have on the lose to the crank. Autos lose more than manuals do. I also think Vince is about to start branching out more. Since he is getting out of the retailer market and just having dealers. Pretty soon who knows he maybe the solution these makers have been waiting for.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #49
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
why dont we wait for tracy?

also. wtf screw a handheld tuner. i prefer trifecta than a canned tune crap!
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #50
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrole+ View Post
not so much....fuel issues...car would run wayyyyy too lean!!
v6 isnt nearly as easy to tune as the v8
What about meth?
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #51
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpanda305x View Post
why dont we wait for tracy?

also. wtf screw a handheld tuner. i prefer trifecta than a canned tune crap!
Most handheld tuners have the same tuning capabilities as an open source system or trifecta. The handhelds just store tunes for flashing, but maps can be made for them.

I think many of the supercharger faithful would be pleasantly surprised with the feel and sound of a proper turbo setup. A properly sized turbo will put you in or near peak torque before ~3,500 rpm and if you want an awesome sound just run an external wastegate and dump to atmosphere. That's what I have and it's super quiet cruising, but when you step on the go-pedal it sounds like a damn 767.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #52
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Most handheld tuners have the same tuning capabilities as an open source system or trifecta. The handhelds just store tunes for flashing, but maps can be made for them.

I think many of the supercharger faithful would be pleasantly surprised with the feel and sound of a proper turbo setup. A properly sized turbo will put you in or near peak torque before ~3,500 rpm and if you want an awesome sound just run an external wastegate and dump to atmosphere. That's what I have and it's super quiet cruising, but when you step on the go-pedal it sounds like a damn 767.
Having owned an centrifugal supercharged V6 before and now a turbo'ed V6, I have to agree, the feel of the turbo is better then the centrifugal... BUT, i also understand turbos are not for everyone and a centrifugal is a much friendly DIY install...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #53
Chevrole+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
What about meth?
yeah. you could use meth. it would help, but with a procharger, its alot harder to adjust boost control. You would have to get a vacuum boost controller to keep the boost down still. even with meth, u can only run so much boost. and most boost controllers are going for about $400 bucks.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:19 AM   #54
Chevrole+

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Having owned an centrifugal supercharged V6 before and now a turbo'ed V6, I have to agree, the feel of the turbo is better then the centrifugal... BUT, i also understand turbos are not for everyone and a centrifugal is a much friendly DIY install...
I had a 02 GTP, and an AWD Talon TSI (4cyl turbo). I must say, the TSI felt alot faster, but I never tracked them! :( Wish I did. But I loved the feel of the turbo. Its basically just a bigger jump in power. And there is nothing like the sound.

By the way, *(4 car shop garage)* the turbo setup with also be a friendly DIY for me

I am excited.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #55
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrole+ View Post
I had a 02 GTP, and an AWD Talon TSI (4cyl turbo). I must say, the TSI felt alot faster, but I never tracked them! :( Wish I did. But I loved the feel of the turbo. Its basically just a bigger jump in power. And there is nothing like the sound.

By the way, *(4 car shop garage)* the turbo setup with also be a friendly DIY for me

I am excited.
That's the only thing I really dislike about the EcoBoost... you can't hear the turbos at ALL! No spooling, no BOV... NOTHING! It's stupid quiet...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #56
Chevrole+

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
That's the only thing I really dislike about the EcoBoost... you can't hear the turbos at ALL! No spooling, no BOV... NOTHING! It's stupid quiet...
Yes, I feel that it is because of the current target market. You never know. They may change it up a bit, when they realize who wants them.