Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #29
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Do you use an automatic car wash that has roller brushes? (might as well use sandpaper you know) Paint on plastic might more susceptible to scratching than the metal it hits.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #30
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Purse with rivets or crystals?
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #31
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
The (apparently) perfect spacing, and the way each scratch parallels the others, indicates something with a pattern... somebody had suggested a zipper, but I presume that you don't wash or wax it with any rags that still have zippers attached.

Palm fronds, or other plants that could be blowing in the breeze/ swaying? I see some really wild looking patterns in the desert, caused by wind moving branches and other plant material around in patterns...
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #32
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
I happened to have the pic up and and buddy of mine made an interesting comment:

"That looks like the marks that idiot with a weed whacker left on the side of my car..."

Makes sense to me.
a) You can rub these marks and they vanish.
b) They are on the surface.
c) They are in a pattern that certainly could be made with a spinning weed whacker head.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #33
10forty2

Drives: 1992 Chevy K5 Blazer
Sounds like you need to call TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society) to determine if you have a ghost in your garage. Otherwise, like everyone else has said, you got an animal (human or beast) that has and is doing damage to your baby.

Maybe you've got some hot chick laying across your fender and her bikini straps are causing the scratches???
Old 04-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #34
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Looks like someone is secretly punishing your car for your loving it. Time for a hidden camera.................seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knitetrain05 View Post
get a camera
In my garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGER BEE View Post
If you have mice in your garage,paint scratches be the less of my worries I get rid of those mice before you have electrical problems ,They like chewing on wires .
They've been living in mostly the house for years (mostly in the winter), never once messed with the cars. I check around the car and under the hood every few days to make sure nothing has been under there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Do you use an automatic car wash that has roller brushes? (might as well use sandpaper you know) Paint on plastic might more susceptible to scratching than the metal it hits.
Noooo way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I happened to have the pic up and and buddy of mine made an interesting comment:

"That looks like the marks that idiot with a weed whacker left on the side of my car..."

Makes sense to me.
a) You can rub these marks and they vanish.
b) They are on the surface.
c) They are in a pattern that certainly could be made with a spinning weed whacker head.
Usually they are much smaller than this. I would believe that, but I don't know where they would have been weed whacking in the middle of the parking lot and we don't own a weed whacker.

Slickcas's post makes me think it might be something with the paint also..
Old 04-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #35
woodstock

Drives: 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Do you/your neighbor own a cat?
That would be my guess,they jump up on the hood to get warm and slide down,scratching as they go.
woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #36
IBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock View Post
That would be my guess,they jump up on the hood to get warm and slide down,scratching as they go.
The car is garaged and there aren't any cats in the neighborhood
Old 04-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #37
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Looks like shop-vac or self-serve carwash vac hose got dragged across it.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #38
SSdude

Drives: Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
Looks like shop-vac or self-serve carwash vac hose got dragged across it.
+ 1. Got to be a ribbed hose that dragged on the side. Lines are too symmetrical for it to be anything else and no animal has that many fingers. Typical of the coin operated vacs .
Old 04-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #39
IBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSdude View Post
+ 1. Got to be a ribbed hose that dragged on the side. Lines are too symmetrical for it to be anything else and no animal has that many fingers. Typical of the coin operated vacs .
You're probably right. The culprit is sitting right in front of the car in the garage and I never even realized it

I feel so stupid... haha! But someone's got some 'splainin to do. I've explained not to even unwrap the vacuum hose unless the Camaro is out of the garage.. apparently nobody listens!

I feel dumb though...
Old 04-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #40
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Looks like someone is secretly punishing your car for your loving it. Time for a hidden camera.................seriously.
Quote:
I feel so stupid... haha! But someone's got some 'splainin to do. I've explained not to even unwrap the vacuum hose unless the Camaro is out of the garage.. apparently nobody listens!
and no you didn't listen............

Yuup.....Looks like the camera wasn't too bad of an idea after all............
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote