Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
CamaroIOM12
Jim

Drives: 2013 2SS Camaro Convertible
MRT V2 (black tips)

I am looking into the MRT V2 axle backs for my 2012 from what I've read everyone who's put them on really like them (some even love them). My Camaro is IOM with the satin black rally stripes I am in the process of blacking it out I found the MRT V2 with satin black tips. My question is does anyone have these and if so how are the tips holding up?

Thanks for your time, Jim
CamaroIOM12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
cammike

Drives: rally yellow camaro
Where did you find the mrT exhaust with the satin tips? I'm in the process of looking to update my exhaust as well.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
CamaroIOM12
Jim

http://www.mrt-direct.com/91a177.html
Old 04-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroIOM12 View Post
I am looking into the MRT V2 axle backs for my 2012 from what I've read everyone who's put them on really like them (some even love them). My Camaro is IOM with the satin black rally stripes I am in the process of blacking it out I found the MRT V2 with satin black tips. My question is does anyone have these and if so how are the tips holding up?

Thanks for your time, Jim
Quote:
At first, I didn't see what you were talking about until I noticed the "Tip finish" drop down bow. It is interesting and I don't think this was available when I purchased my MRT V2. I don't remember seeing anyone here with black tips of any kind either. I don't think I would have gone for it personally because I like how the tips match my polished 20" wheels.

It would be an interesting look though.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
CamaroIOM12
Jim

They do look good with the polished wheels but I'm getting black wheels that's why I was looking into the black tips. The black bezels on the tail lights look great!!

Last edited by CamaroIOM12; 04-26-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Cerakote is pretty touch stuff. It is used to coat guns. I was also not aware of this option which is funny considering we are an MRT dealer. Looks like we have an option to add.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #7
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
I ordered from them when I bought mine and that wasn't an option last year. As much as I love mine and having the dark tips would have been a nice touch but being on a budget another $80 would have been a deal breaker for myself. I like my polished tips also but they do get dirty and am cleaning them regularly. JMO.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #8
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
They do look good with the polished wheels but I'm getting black wheels that's why I was looking into the black tips. The black bezels on the tail lights look great!!
Thanks, the bezels were the second cosmetic mod I did, right after I Plasti-dipped the gold bowties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Cerakote is pretty touch stuff. It is used to coat guns. I was also not aware of this option which is funny considering we are an MRT dealer. Looks like we have an option to add.
Well Chase, since I brought it to your attention, I think I deserve a "finders fee"...a couple of Apex Speed stickers for my toolbox would work.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #9
CamaroIOM12
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSyT View Post
Thanks, the bezels were the second cosmetic mod I did, right after I Plasti-dipped the gold bowties.

Well Chase, since I brought it to your attention, I think I deserve a "finders fee"...a couple of Apex Speed stickers for my toolbox would work.
I believe I'm the one who started this thread so I should get the finder's fee!!! So Chase how about I order my MRT V2 from you and you throw in free the black tip option? or some kind of discount, Pm me with a price.

Last edited by CamaroIOM12; 04-28-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #10
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
I noticed that option on their website a little while ago and didn't really think much about it. Personally I like my tips to be the polished look to stand out. I think if they were black they would just blend into the diffuser and you wouldn't be able to see them
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #11
cammike

Drives: rally yellow camaro
THanks for the link. Will be ordering exhaust soon and will look good with my rear diffuser that is being painted rally yellow.
Thanks again!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:30 PM   #12
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Funny I was just going to start a thread about this but decided to do a search first.

I would definitely go for the black tip look, but have a question. Is this something I need to get professionally installed?

I am not super handy, don't have a lift or anything like that.

What is typical install price?

I have black on black, tinted, and plasti dipped emblems, and hertiage plastic wheel pieces (new rims coming soon!) so think black tips would sort of complete the look.
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #13
CamaroIOM12
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
Funny I was just going to start a thread about this but decided to do a search first.

I would definitely go for the black tip look, but have a question. Is this something I need to get professionally installed?

I am not super handy, don't have a lift or anything like that.

What is typical install price?

I have black on black, tinted, and plasti dipped emblems, and hertiage plastic wheel pieces (new rims coming soon!) so think black tips would sort of complete the look.
It looks like you have to cut off the original muffler 3 1/2 back then slip the MRT V2 over the pipe. I looked under the car there's plenty of room to get a sawzall in there to cut them off.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #14
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
It looks like you have to cut off the original muffler 3 1/2 back then slip the MRT V2 over the pipe. I looked under the car there's plenty of room to get a sawzall in there to cut them off.
Sounds fairly easy. I don't have a lift but you can jack it up I guess?

Have you installed yours yet?
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote