Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
Amarr014
BAD BEE

Drives: very fast!
WOT box for the LLT??

Can we please get a WOT box for our motor.. vendors??? cmon!!!
2011 V6 LS M6 | straight piped | HIDs | Injen CAI| 75 Shot NX nitrous|Trifecta Tune|RX ported TB,IM and matched heads, Isolator| RX Catch Can | AAC Red Halos | AAC Red interior lighting | Red bowties | 15% tint | Tinted Tails | SS wheels and tires | SS tips| Cat delete| Arc audio 10's| ******** box|Scosche&kenwood|
Amarr014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
it sounds like farts...just sayin
Old 08-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
vfrider

Drives: 2012 2ss/rs mt
Yeah, unless you've got a turbo you're trying to keep spooled, I don't see the point. Even if you do have a turbo, no-lift shifts are a very stressful way to imitate the effects of an anti-lag system.
vfrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrider View Post
Yeah, unless you've got a turbo you're trying to keep spooled, I don't see the point. Even if you do have a turbo, no-lift shifts are a very stressful way to imitate the effects of an anti-lag system.
Hard launches at the drag strip is the point. It allows you to set an RPM for it to hold the engine at and get a more consistent launch. Its a way of adding your own launch control of sorts. But there are better things to spend your money on than these boxes.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
Amarr014
BAD BEE

this is soo when your about to launch your car you get a consistent rpm and an easier shift from 1st to 2nd gear... you set the rpm which is the best rpm for a fast launch and it allows you to hold the GO pedal all the way down when launching... i wasnt asking for your fartcan opinion, we need a vendor to make us a WOT box for our setup or trifecta to step up and include it as an option for our tune....
2011 V6 LS M6 | straight piped | HIDs | Injen CAI| 75 Shot NX nitrous|Trifecta Tune|RX ported TB,IM and matched heads, Isolator| RX Catch Can | AAC Red Halos | AAC Red interior lighting | Red bowties | 15% tint | Tinted Tails | SS wheels and tires | SS tips| Cat delete| Arc audio 10's| ******** box|Scosche&kenwood|
Old 08-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
vfrider

Oh, I get what people use it for, I just think it's silly unless you have a turbo that you want to maintain boost in, and can't be bothered to do it right by getting anti-lag. It offers no true mechanical advantage at launch, and it's a great way to grind up synchros by hamfisting the transmission. If you're running a sequential transmission, rather than an H-pattern, then yes, an ignition interrupt can shave a couple hundredths off a shift. Without a sequential transmission, or a turbocharger that requires a constant flow of exhaust gas to maintain peak output, it's a band-aid over a needed driver mod. If you want to launch at a certain rpm, grab your hand brake and train your feet. If you want to shear some teeth off of your second gear, by all means keep asking about this.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
Amarr014
BAD BEE

Vfrider... so you feel that it isnt worth having a lunch control method for the v6's... i understand you info about messing the tranny up and i didnt realize that would occur (newer to racing).. but the ss comes with a programmed launch control which we dont get.... Ive smoked some v8 mustang, challengers and chargers running a 75 shot but i dont get off the line that well and am looking to launch better...thats all
Old 08-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #8
vfrider

In theory, launch control can get you more methodical starts. Finely setup for specific track conditions by a tire/electronics engineer, it can make a vehicle faster. However, in practice, on a street car, it snaps axles and fries clutches. Relying on a computer to do it for you defeats the point of having a manual, and a lot of times people get carried away with trying to out-shift their WOT setup and forget about actually trying to get the gears together cleanly. It makes you wanna force the gears more and that can get expensive. The best mantra is "slow is smooth, smooth is fast" The better you can operate the parts of the machine, the better the machine runs. And I hate to have to say it, but there's a reason the car in the video is a Mustang, not a Camaro