Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 07-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #15
Arli

Drives: 2010 2SSRS
Hi Adrian! Just want to say I have to agree with you. And to all others, simple economics of supply and demand. A year from now, they will be selling for sticker or less. Those who did not pre-order will pay a premium to be one of the first to own this car. I bought my car from Adrian and find he is an up-front guy, no BS and very knowledgeable. In fact, it was Adrian my salesperson who introduced me to camaro5! BTW Adrian, do I have a TPW yet???? Arl
Arli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #16
Leolee

Drives: camaro
all im saying is.. i have passed city several times this week. all the same cars are there except for the silver one.... it kinda makes me wonder why those camaros are still there for so long... maybe the demand is going downward... and the supply is still there..
Leolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:10 AM   #17
espo19047

Drives: Impala
Send a message via AIM to espo19047
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxm196 View Post
espo19047,

There are also plenty of dealers that are willing to do GMS and Supplier discounts unlike your dealership so I won't repeat it but there is a little saying about glass houses that comes to mind.
We do GMS and Supplier on everything but the Camaro. It took two years before they did GMS on the ZO6. There are two employees of Reedman-Toll driving Camaros right now and they paid msrp. I don't think we need to apologize to anyone about this policy. I would like to see a list of the "plenty of dealers" in our area who will except GMS or GSU. I am guessing they don't have the allocation.
espo19047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #18
bxm196

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
I had multiple dealers say they had allocations and would accept GMS but to be fair to you I only have it in writing from the dealer that I ordered from. Since you asked it is Fred Beans in Doylestown
bxm196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #19
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Yes City has 5 cars sitting on the lot, however it isn't because we haven't been trying to take care of our customers. It is because some of the less than reputable dealers across the country have been failing to take care of theirs. Other dealers are selling these vehicles through brokers for prices in excess of MSRP...this puts us in a position to satisfy some consumers need for a car ASAP and puts us in a position to help build our allocation as GM goes to a turn to earn allocation. Ideally we will sell these cars, hopefully not lose money on them as the market turns, and help get our sold orders delivered faster. Thanks for allowing me to vent.
So, using YOUR LOGIC above, if GM goes to a Turn to Earn Allocation, you would think selling the cars at MSRP would help you move MORE PRODUCT, as the MAJORITY of the Camaro Buying public is on one or more of these sites, and an ANTI-OVER MSRP sentiment has been pervasive on ALL of the sites. So the INFORMED Camaro consumers will NOT be helping you move your over priced cars off your lot any time soon. So you wait for the 1 in a hundred person to come in that just HAS to have one. Good luck with that. My dealer up north here is selling only at MSRP and cannot keep them in stock and has sold out every other allocation and earned spot as quickly as they get one. You bought over MSRP, so now YOU have perpetuated the problem AND ONLY BROUGHT THE PRICE OF YOUR 5 CARS EVEN HIGHER. Seems to me that YOUR STEALERSHIP IS THE PROBLEM CHILD THAT IS DRIVING THE PRICES UP. Hope you are stuck with them. Your loyal customers wait while you go out and jack up the prices on cars that you should just let lie. Brilliant.
toesuf94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #20
dstairs
Farewell Thor

Drives: 95 Caddy Deville Concours
Espo,

We have the same policy, I am waiting until I am allowed to buy at GMS. All sold orders are at MSRP. If you want to jump the cue and take our showroom SS2 that we added stripes and tint, you will pay extra, I quoted (to a customer who had already ordered and was waiting for his to arrive) on our show room car at $500 over MSRP after adding on cost for the tint and stripes. I really would rather sell at MSRP and have customers order their cars, I certainly wish the cars were stacking up on the lot a little bit so we can start offering supplier and GMS(and I could order mine!). My customer decided since this car was not exactly what he ordered he would wait, I think it was a smart move although very difficult. When these cars are sitting there they are very tempting! I look at an Aqua Blue LT2 RS with 20 inch polished and am tempted even those I want a white one! They are all so beautiful and so hard to say no to. It is very tough having to work all day with these cars all around me!

Having a car in the showroom over MSRP should not be too offensive to anyone, a lot of folks ordering these cars want to touch and sit in one before ordering to get a feel and look at the wheels, the gauge package, hear the sound system, etc. We are already considering supplier and GMS for ordered units, it will probably happen in a few weeks.

To those that disagree with OVER MSRP, be like the a lot of us, you pay MSRP or less and wait, or you jump the cue and pay for joy of owning your new car months eariler. No one puts a gun to anyone's head and forces them to buy at the higher price, however some folks are just plain senseless when it comes to spending money, thats why we go to dining rooms and pay someone way over cost on a steak we could buy for 4 bucks in deli and end up paying 15 bucks for and THEN tip them for doing it! Convenience and that "I want it right now" attitude is rampart!

Heck you got Euros in here willing to pay $100K for the same car you paid $36k for, and if you could figure out a way to sell it to them for $90k, and turn around with the profit and buy yourself another car, you might be tempted.(as long as it was legal)

Last edited by dstairs; 07-07-2009 at 09:59 AM.
dstairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #21
import eater

Drives: 2010 2ss SIM camaro
i ordered a camaro from city chevrolet in charlotte also. Its really a bummer when you order a car and are told 4-6 weeks for delivery then 4 months later nobody can give you an answer to when it will be delivered or if its even being built yet. What happens when it changes to the 2011 model year will i be stuck with a 2010 model thats not fair.I think the dealer should be communicating with gm in oshawa a little bit better so they can actually give the customer an answer not just saying gm wont tell us so we cant tell you. This is the first gm product ive ordered and probably the last. Soon i will be going to the media as well as the states attorney because what is going on with gm in general is wrong taking tax payer monies and it supposidly is taking 6-8 months to build a car come on. Then there selling them for 8000 over msrp sounds a little bit fishy to me.
import eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:02 PM   #22
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Maybe your salesman is just an idiot, city while they didn't mention allocation or anything they did warn me it could be up to six months. I never thought it would take so long but that's looking real accurate now. My understanding is they are taking and delivering all orders for msrp and they have been great to deal with so far. I even got a care package right after my order with a keychain and a model matching my color and everything. I don't know your whole story but an idiot salesman could make a stupid promise of 4 to 6 weeks and just not know any better or just be looking for a commision. My salesman has updated me everytime my order has moved.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #23
import eater

Drives: 2010 2ss SIM camaro
as far as i know my order still has not moved. ordered in march.
import eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:21 PM   #24
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

I ordered feb 13, another board member I talk with is a week or so behind me. Your should start moving soon they get allocations often. Whomever told you 4 to 6 weeks was an idiot. There are people on here that will track your order anytime you want. I didn't think I was ever gonna leave 1100 either but once i did I moved fast I went 2000 and 3000 within two days. That's was end of June and now my car should be built around august 3. So once you move you move fast now, and think of it like this the higher the vin the less problems we might have.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:32 PM   #25
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

The question you need to ask your salesman today or someone higher up is where are you currently on the list and how many weekly allocations are they being given I heard it was from 2to4 per week. If they get 2 per week and your 8th in line you have one more month to move to 2000. I was questioning everything and getting mad too since i ordered Feb. and didn't move till june. You shouldn't be too far behind me. Its hard I never wanted a car so bad but once they are here it will all be worth it.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #26
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
With turn and earn allocation coming, it will hard to flip those over MSRP....Others selling at MSRP and honoring discounts having theirs delivered will get more cars.

I think some dealers are going to get burned on buying from brokers and sitting on cars. I see "less than msrp" on the horizion!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #27
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

I agree oh wise camaroscotty. I don't blaim city for trying to make a buck we have all done it in some form or another but last I checked cars were just sitting there. Not sure if my area people can't afford it or are smart enough to just not pay it. Either way they do take and deliver orders for msrp and they are nice people working there.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:11 PM   #28
Leolee

Drives: camaro
yup city does have a few cars sitting there.. idk what they plan on doing with all those
Leolee is offline   Reply With Quote