Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #29
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
I see a lot of the refreshed camaro in the front of the impala but not the current model camaro. The grill and headlights are what do it for me.
Maybe if you close one eye and poke the other one with a stick you can see a resemblance
Old 06-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #30
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
I checked one out at the dealership. It is one of my favorite looking sedans right now. Very nice design.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #31
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I subscribe to MT so I read their article last week. they said the front end is the "best looking this side of a Camaro"
the only criticisms they had of the Impala was the color of the interior stitching and they said the backseat was kind of hard. The Cadenza was $2,400 more than the Impala ..over 40K..who pays 40K for a ....KIA
plus the Impala was the fastest in test and got slightly better mpg than the kia.
kind of funny when I saw C&D and they had the kia 5th. all comes down to preference I guess. it seems to me C&D didn't like the Impala's all black interior. only interior they ever like are BMW's though
Old 06-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #32
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
They probably just meant that it looks aesthetically pleasing in comparison to its older model, so they relate it to another one of Chevrolet's aesthetically-pleasing models.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #33
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
It doesnt look like an Camaro to me
But I like it, and I like the Camaro
Old 06-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #34
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
:
I gave 2 fails because I have never seen a Troll with almost 26,000 posts.
He is a patient troll, he lulled you all to sleep then pulled out his big troll hammer.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #35
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
...or, so says the July issue of Car & Driver. The magazine did a comparison test pitting the new Impala against a half dozen other 4 door cars of similar size and cost. In the narrative on the Impala they say, "...(it) steams along quietly and smoothly and looks like a four door Camaro." Hmmm..I went back and studied the pictures of the Impala and also saw them at our dealership, and can't find anything about the aesthetics of the Impala that comes anywhere close to the appearance of a Camaro. The closest thing to a Camaro is an eyebrow looking accent line over the rear wheels, that could remotely look Camaro-ish. The Impala has great stying but nothing like the Camaro.

Interesting, both C&D and Motor Trend tested the Impala against a group of cars in it's class and both gave it a second place finish. Motor Trend chose the Kia Cadenza to the first place spot and C&D chose the Toyota Avalon as the best in that comparo. Also, interesting is C&D placed the Cadenza 5th, quite a contrast to MT. I think Motor Trend gave Chevy another slap in the face by placing the Korean made car better than a GM product. I guess it proves the old adage: "different strokes for different folks".

I'v noticed that for the most part an american car is never chosen as number one in those two magazines. The American car will most of the time always out perform what its being compaired to. Not just performance but MPGs, Quality, layout, room, ect. 1st almost always goes to the import for the tiniest reasons. Its like "Well the American car did all these 10 things great, but I can reach the kias radio volume knob easier so it wins 1st. Thats why i let my subcription run out, to biased.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #36
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantconvertible View Post
It doesnt look like an Camaro to me
But I like it, and I like the Camaro

I personally really love both designs also , and especially the spacious Impala. But if you squint your eye's and spin around a few times with your head tilted, it does begin to look like we added two more doors to the Camaro !

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care