Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
beowulf80

Drives: 2010 2SS / RS MT, IBM
Anyone Tried Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner?

In the Zaino vs. Adam's thread this was said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
the green wheel cleaner is more like a brake dust vaporizer, i spray it on and the brake dust literally dripped off the wheels and a final wipe down with a towel made the wheels cleaner than i have ever gotten them before.
I didn't want to jack that thread. Anyone else have any experience with this stuff? I'm always looking to speed up the process of cleaning my wheels. I probably spend at least as much time washing cleaning the wheels and wheel-wells as the rest of the car combined. Also, does anyone know how well this works on the clear-coated polished aluminum wheels? The video specifically mentions not to use it on aluminum billet wheels. I want to make sure I'm not damaging the finish. The adam's site was pretty helpful, just looking for insight from you guys. Thanks!

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-436-g...aner-16oz.aspx
beowulf80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I think it's just Simple Green re-bottled and jacked in price.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I think it's just Simple Green re-bottled and jacked in price.
I think that might be the all purpose cleaner. The wheel cleaner is clear. I haven't tried it yet.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I just watched the videos. Impressive stuff!
Old 04-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
If you have clear coat on your wheels, treat it like your paint. Wash it, dry it, wax it (I do). After this, brake dust is very easy to get rid of.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #6
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
I would have to take the wheels off to wax!

Maybe I'll try it next weekend.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf80 View Post
In the Zaino vs. Adam's thread this was said:

I didn't want to jack that thread. Anyone else have any experience with this stuff? I'm always looking to speed up the process of cleaning my wheels. I probably spend at least as much time washing cleaning the wheels and wheel-wells as the rest of the car combined. Also, does anyone know how well this works on the clear-coated polished aluminum wheels? The video specifically mentions not to use it on aluminum billet wheels. I want to make sure I'm not damaging the finish. The adam's site was pretty helpful, just looking for insight from you guys. Thanks!

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-436-g...aner-16oz.aspx
We just had a seminar at Adam's in Colorado. He cleaned up my tires with the green cleaner. Great stuff.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Green wheel cleaner is a good product, it does what it claims.. I buy mine by the gallon..

The all purpose cleaner is FANTASTIC! I wish i could get this stuff in a 5 gallon container. Re-bottled simple green my rear! This stuff will clean anything! Its like simple green x100. I use it under the hood, on the tires, wheel wells, microfiber spot treatment, and even on my stove as a degreaser. Just don't spray it onto any hot surfaces or there will be hell to pay.. heat turns this stuff into a ammonia / bleach mixture scented cleaner.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:46 AM   #9
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
I just got some and it's great stuff. Even before when I carefully washed and waxed my wheels I never got the shine I get from using the Adams cleaner. I have no idea why it works better than soap and water, or how, and I don't care to be honest. This stuff rocks.
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote