Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
PEDDERS IS AT PRI THIS YEAR!

PEDDERS IS AT PRI THIS YEAR!

PRI is becoming more important that SEMA. So we will be represented at PRI in Orlando. Might be a great place to go to get out of the coild that is avenging all of us across this great nation.

The Pedders Booth is #5738
http://www.performanceracing.com/tradeshow/
DEC 10-12, 2009
Orlando convention Center

Pete Basica himself will be there along with one of our Aussie mates. You need to see him just see hear how funny he talks!

We will be showing off yet another performance coilover that will become available very soon. You can see them there, and Pete can chat about them with you. We all know that Pete loves to chat about our Pedders. He is more addicted to it than I am and I got it pretty bad. LOL

Hope you can make it. Tell him Mike sent you!

thanks,

Mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Would any of you Pedders guru's have a "rough" calculation on how much the top of the rear tire would go inwards if you added 1 degree of camber?? Also what if you added 2 degrees of camber? Just trying to see how much rear fender to tire clearance can be gained by adding camber. Thanks!!!
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
vsgls1

Drives: 07 GMC Sierra
Send a message via AIM to vsgls1
See you Sat!
Old 12-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
Would any of you Pedders guru's have a "rough" calculation on how much the top of the rear tire would go inwards if you added 1 degree of camber?? Also what if you added 2 degrees of camber? Just trying to see how much rear fender to tire clearance can be gained by adding camber. Thanks!!!
I can handle that! But I need a tire size first. Now do not give me 5 tire sizes, just one. LOL

thanks
mike
dms
Old 12-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #5
the rich dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
I can handle that! But I need a tire size first. Now do not give me 5 tire sizes, just one. LOL

thanks
mike
dms
thanks! my tire size in the rear is a 315/25/22. I measured the actual diameter of the tire just now and its 28 inches.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:20 AM   #6
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
thanks! my tire size in the rear is a 315/25/22. I measured the actual diameter of the tire just now and its 28 inches.
Not being picky, well I am, the diameter should be 28.20 inches. LOL
The tire will move laterally approx .3 inches per degree.. The challenge with 315s is the wheel offsets.

thanks
mike
dms
Old 12-09-2009, 01:23 AM   #7
the rich dude

Quote:
The tire will move laterally approx .3 inches per degree.. The challenge with 315s is the wheel offsets.

thanks
mike
dms
So I'll gain roughly a strong quarter inch of clearance between the tire and fender for every degree I add then?

Do you see any issues with running 2 degrees of rear camber? What are you guys setting your camaro's up with anywase for rear camber? My car will be slammed with Pedders coilovers, around a 2 inch drop, Pedders Solution "B" sway bars and Pedders bushings and camber bolts. Thanks again for all your help!!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 01:27 AM   #8
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
So I'll gain roughly a strong quarter inch of clearance between the tire and fender for every degree I add then?

Do you see any issues with running 2 degrees of rear camber? What are you guys setting your camaro's up with anywase for rear camber? My car will be slammed with Pedders coilovers, around a 2 inch drop, Pedders Solution "B" sway bars and Pedders bushings and camber bolts. Thanks again for all your help!!!!

With just the coil overs, we are recommending doing your rear cambers to -.5

-2.0 will generate way too much understeer

mike
dms
Old 12-09-2009, 07:51 AM   #9
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Can anyone go to the PRI show or is it only for people inthe business like SEMA, any idea how much?
1977and2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #10
vsgls1

Drives: 07 GMC Sierra
Send a message via AIM to vsgls1
It is like SEMA, got to be in the business or know someone in order to get in.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #11
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
That's great! Now if only Pedder's (Extreme Street package) was at Haddad Motorsports so they could put it in my car!

How much longer before parts come in? I was really hoping to have mine before Christmas. :/

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #12
the rich dude

Quote:
With just the coil overs, we are recommending doing your rear cambers to -.5

-2.0 will generate way too much understeer

mike
dms
Lets say I had to go to -1.5 to -2.0 degrees of camber to make my wheels tuck up in the fender the way I want. I have the solution "B" sway bars coming. Could I go to the stiffest rear setting to gain some steering back?

Thanks for your help!!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #13
lsejlowe

Drives: 1969 Corvette
Quote:
Lets say I had to go to -1.5 to -2.0 degrees of camber to make my wheels tuck up in the fender the way I want. I have the solution "B" sway bars coming. Could I go to the stiffest rear setting to gain some steering back?

Thanks for your help!!
I think the real question becomes, are you willing to sacrifice driving performance and tire wear for the looks? Setting your alignment to be able to fit particular wheels or tires seems coutnerintuitive. Ideally you'd be selecting wheels and tires to fit your suspension setup.

How wide are your rear wheels? Perhaps you could go to a more narrow tire on the same wheel and get your desired clearance that way.
lsejlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #14
lsejlowe

Drives: 1969 Corvette
Quote:

thanks
mike
dms
Hey Mike, I'm just curious how you calculated this? Did you just base it off a trig solution assuming the lateral movement of the top and bottom of the tire is equal, or did you take into account the suspension geometry?

Just running the quick trig solution for:

x = sin(camber angle)*R

where x is lateral displacement of the top of the tire and R is the tire radius I got .246" for -1 deg camber, and .492" for -2 deg.

I don't have any suspension measurements in front of me, but it seems that if you move the pivot point of the tire higher (to where the upper link attaches to the knuckle) you get less displacement.

Sorry for the thread hijack!
lsejlowe is offline   Reply With Quote