Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 01-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #15
Texas Fright

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS - 2006 Cadillac CTS
I can throw my 2 cents on crappy dealers

I bought my camaro through Graff In Grand Prairie which is super small, seriously it's been at that location like 70 years or something and they have space for like 20 cars lol. Anyway the guy I bought mine from was awesome and theirs sales department is great but their service department sucks and is super rude, sucks to the point where I went somewhere and paid for an oil change instead of going back for my 2nd free one.

I went 2 times, the first for my first free oil change which I submitted online for an appointment only to have no one call me. After 2 days waiting I had to spend 15 minutes on the phone confirming an oil change appointment only to have some kid tell me 'Well next time just show up". When I got there it was the same guy and when I said my name he was like "Oh, you". Then when they were done he gave me my keys and no invoice. I asked for an invoice for records and he rolled his eyes and said to get it over there at a counter and then walked away.

2nd time, they gave me something included with the price when I got the car to fix door dings for a year, well when I got a door ding it took a week to get them to fix it. It's through an outside company and I filed the claim and they gave me a claim number and said to take it back to the dealer and give them that number to bill them. Well, it took 4 days of calls to Graff to get them to confirm me to come in and get it fixed. I was told twice that they would check and call me back only to never get a call. I left the service manager a 4 minute voicemail only to never have him call me back. Finally they told me to take it into their bodyshop to have the ding repaired only to have the guy try to charge me. I actually had to get my paper work and explain to the body shop guy how it worked and where he had to bill his claim through to get paid. I thought I worked there or something lol.

I got a survey from GM both times and I ripped them a new one but never heard a response, so I just figured it went to the dealer direct and they just ignored it.
Texas Fright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #16
SamReidland

Drives: 17 Black 1LE
I shopped at Stonebriar once.....ONCE. They are crap. They wanted to charge me $500 to find the Camaro I wanted plus $450 to have stripes put on it. Went to Van Chevy and they found my car with no extra charge (brought in from Waco) plus they put on the stripes for $125. Not to mention giving me about $3k more for my trade in.
SamReidland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #17
Irby

Drives: 2010 2SS Inferno Orange L99
YOUNG chevrolet FTMFW

Service writer- Darrell Bullard
Service manager- Steve Ellison
both outstanding guys will go out of the way to help you with any problems
and if you ever want to buy a car from young chevrolet you need to ask for Barbara Choate as your sellswoman and kenny hibbs for finance again all awesome people and the prices cant be beat tell them i sent you and you may get a additionl discount
Irby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #18
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Fright View Post
This is why I only go to Classic Chevrolet, hell it's 30 miles from my house and I still only go there. I even get my cadillac serviced there because I've had bad experiences at Moritz and Sewell (Basically what I've learned is if you look young at the Cadillac dealer they ignore you). I always use Randy Harp who is great, I would email him the photos you took at NTB and explain to him what happened at this other dealership and what they did. His email is rharp@classicchevytexas.com. Tell him charles with the cts that always has weird problems referred you to him, he'll know me lol.
I live about 2 miles from Young Chevrolet, and I still drive all the way to Classic Chevrolet to have my car serviced.

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #19
sjmorrow
LSC Photographer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS w/ RS & M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamReidland View Post
I shopped at Stonebriar once.....ONCE. They are crap. They wanted to charge me $500 to find the Camaro I wanted plus $450 to have stripes put on it. Went to Van Chevy and they found my car with no extra charge (brought in from Waco) plus they put on the stripes for $125. Not to mention giving me about $3k more for my trade in.
Van Chevrolet rocks
First time car buying experience from them and it was as smooth as a stick a better on last summers asphalt
sjmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #20
monicatomokc

Drives: 2014 Corvette 2021 Tahoe Z71
Do you have a local TV station that stands up for the consumer? Our NBC affiliate has a reporter that has this segment called "In your corner" and hammers these unscrupulous companies. Especially if you can get several people with the same/similar issues. See what happens when a reporter and cameras show up and put them on the spot!! Sounds like they've got it coming!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #21
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
WTF??
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #22
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
I would believe the tech and service advisor at GM dealer for before an idiot at NTB.
They are the worst at trying to gouge you on extras! Probably sprayed oil on your shock and pointed it out in an attempt to bump their service ticket. Had the one in Houston tell me my differential was leaking three days after I changed the fuild. Shit he put on was black as night and I knew there was new fluid in the pumpkin
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #23
Sam I Am

Drives: 2011 Victory Red CV
$500.00 to find a car? I have heard it all now! After I retired from my law enforcement job I took a part time gig for my local Chevy Dealer fetching cars and trading with other dealerships. It costs them nothing to get on the computer and find a car. Then it is just a matter of making the trade. The dealer that I worked for didn't charge the customer any extra for finding the car for them and having it picked up. If for some reason the customer didn't want the car after we went to pick it up, there was still no charge.
As a side note, I drove some really nice Chevy's and learned how to read an invoice......amazing what the markup can be on a high dollar one!
Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #24
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
WOW hearing stories like that pisses me off. I bought my car from Connell Chevy in Killeen. They wre absolutely Great! I ordered mine before they were readily available and the price I paid is exactly what it was when I built it online.....plus I got my chevy and USAA discount.
I had one problem with the service department but after a 10 minute conversation with the owner......I am now treated as a VIP whenever I bring a car to them.
Best buying experience ever....after I bought my Camaro I bought two more cars in the same year from them.....I highly recommend
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:24 AM   #25
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
McCurley Integrety Chevrolet in Pasco. WA. Never a markup on any car on the lot. Not even the Corvetts or Cadilacs. Great to work with, great folks. They go out of their way to make sure your needs are taken care of. I have bought several cars from them.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #26
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
You've only been kicked out of 1 dealership..... under achiever! I've got 3 under my belt. Wish the Caddy dealers we're allowed to do Chevy warranty work.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #27
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
I would believe the tech and service advisor at GM dealer for before an idiot at NTB.
They are the worst at trying to gouge you on extras! Probably sprayed oil on your shock and pointed it out in an attempt to bump their service ticket. Had the one in Houston tell me my differential was leaking three days after I changed the fuild. Shit he put on was black as night and I knew there was new fluid in the pumpkin
Or there was just something from the road on there. Chances are, there wasn't anything wrong with the shock because if there was, they would have replaced it because it would have been easy warranty money.

Where they went wrong was telling the guy to get out of their shop but we also don't know what the customer said to them. If you're causing a scene, they're going to ask you to leave.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #28
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Give the good dealers your business and tell all when your treated well, the idiots like this BOYCOTT and tell everyone to avoid them!!! I think that is the only way to get through to GM as a whole.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote