Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #29
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Out View Post
Cool stuff! I might go broke wandering around that site!!!

Here's a black car (from the emblempros site) with them.

Tell me about it, I have bought a bunch of stuff from them. I got the Black emblems and black SS emblems for my son's Camaro for his Birthday.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #30
Black-Out

Drives: himself insane
Well, just got off the phone with Roger from emblempros.com -- placed my order for the style 2 gills (in horizontal brushed! The mirror shown isn't the only type available!).
Couldn't believe he actually answered the phone... when you consider it was 9:30 at night for him!

Of course... I kept hitting "add to cart" until I'd hit like $200 worth of stuff.

I had to stop myself, as the cart kept getting more $pendy by the minute. I think I would have hit twice that or more with all the cool stuff they have!
{sold} -- 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS - Black on Black. Kooks catted LT's, CAI, Accell 9070c ceramic wires, Barton shifter, custom catback w/Dynomax VT's, quad tips, Pfadt springs/sway bars/trailing arms, Diablosport tuner {Lew tune}, 3.91 gear's, Energy cradle bushings.
Black-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #31
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
I think the black ones would look nice on my silver 'Vert. Maybe I can just paint them on and save money.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #32
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Out View Post
Well, just got off the phone with Roger from emblempros.com -- placed my order for the style 2 gills (in horizontal brushed! The mirror shown isn't the only type available!).
Couldn't believe he actually answered the phone... when you consider it was 9:30 at night for him!

Of course... I kept hitting "add to cart" until I'd hit like $200 worth of stuff.

I had to stop myself, as the cart kept getting more $pendy by the minute. I think I would have hit twice that or more with all the cool stuff they have!
I know what ya mean. I just ordered $155 worth for our new vert.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #33
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I have just the flat black. They didn't have the faded ones back when I bought mine. I would probably do the faded SLP style if money wasn't an issue. You can pick up some flat black ones for about $20.

Get the black bowties for the wheel center caps while you're at it. I got them for $8 from Big Worm. I think look a lot better with the bowtie showing.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:06 AM   #34
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
I had the chrome inserts then decided to try this:
Attached Images

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #35
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
I copied someone else's idea and got the chrome ones from Retro USA.. A little pricy but I like the retro look combined with the new look. Crappy cell phone pic :(
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #36
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
I copied someone else's idea and got the chrome ones from Retro USA.. A little pricy but I like the retro look combined with the new look. Crappy cell phone pic :(
Be careful when washing your car, I had a set on my yellow one and one day when I was washing the car my cloth caught on one of the top points and it just popped off. Also a lot of dirt had built up behind them. So I didn't put them back on and went back to the Emblempros style 2 polished stainless ones.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #37
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Be careful when washing your car, I had a set on my yellow one and one day when I was washing the car my cloth caught on one of the top points and it just popped off. Also a lot of dirt had built up behind them. So I didn't put them back on and went back to the Emblempros style 2 polished stainless ones.
I'll keep that in mind.

I was uber carefull when I applied these. Made sure I stripped all the wax first .. etc etc....... So far so good. They've been on about 5 months now with no issues.

Daveagogo (camaro5 user name) is whose car I first saw these on and he's had his on for quite a while now.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #38
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
I'll keep that in mind.

I was uber carefull when I applied these. Made sure I stripped all the wax first .. etc etc....... So far so good. They've been on about 5 months now with no issues.

Daveagogo (camaro5 user name) is whose car I first saw these on and he's had his on for quite a while now.
Mine had been on for over a year, they never seemed to fit right on the side that came off anyway, I thought it may have been slightly warped when I installed it.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #39
Cobras

Drives: 2010 1LT RS
Get the SLP faded black gills. They even look great up close (couple of pics below). Use a spray bottle with a couple drops of dish soap (it helps move them around). Get a squeegie or wrap a SOFT paper towel around a hard card, slowly move the air and water out to all sides and let dry. Easy. Also. clean area first with half alcohol/half water.
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #40
akonechn

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS
Anyone have flat black or the slp fades on a black car? I'm wondering if it would add depth and be noticeable or not?

2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Black | RS Package | Hurst Short Throw Shifter | Sunroof | Polished Wheels
Pfadt Tri-Y Headers | Solo Mach X Catback | C.A.I. Intake | Vmax | Apex Intake Scoop & Washer Tank | Tuning by Mike Norris
Polished OEM Strut Brace | Black Front Bowtie | C6 Flags Rear Emblem | Black Tail Light Bezels | Window Tint | Stealth Turn Signal Bulbs
Ghosted Black LED Sidemarkers | Plasma LED DRL | DRL Harness | ABL LED Dome Light | LED Trunk & License Plate Lights

akonechn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #41
dmwhiteman

Drives: 2SS Black w/ Inferno Orange Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by akonechn View Post
Anyone have flat black or the slp fades on a black car? I'm wondering if it would add depth and be noticeable or not?
Wondering the same thing. From the emblempros picture they dont look all that great on black. Anyone have a picture from a bit of a distance? Maybe looking straight onto them instead of at an angle.