Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #15
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
I drove in that monster storm near D.C. Friday night...
Dragged home a tree limb. I knew it would rain but I didn't think it'd be that bad

KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #16
jazznurse

Drives: 2012 ZL1;2011 Cruze
Eddie says "I ain't afraid of no rain"! He laughs at the weather. Wait until he get his first taste of snow.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #17
alyssasdad
Go VOLS!!!!!

Drives: ZL1 #1344 VR, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
I drove in that monster storm near D.C. Friday night...
Dragged home a tree limb. I knew it would rain but I didn't think it'd be that bad

Glad there was no damage!
alyssasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #18
Joebot8484
ZL1 # 1307

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 2008 Hummzilla H3
It rained the day I picked mine up.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #19
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
It's NOT stupid of you, it's smart. I can't understand how some people spend their hard-earned money on nice things and they do not want to keep them in tip-top condition (I'M VERY ANAL!!!). My car sits in the garage waiting for a nice, sunny weekend (bought April, 2011--has 3,000 miles). I'm in engineering at a precast concrete corp. and there are forklifts flying around the yard all day long making a dust storm. I'd love to drive my car there, but all that dust/grit...NO WAY!
But by that same logic I can't understand how people spend their hard-earned money on a car and then hardly drive it..
Old 07-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #20
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
But by that same logic I can't understand how people spend their hard-earned money on a car and then hardly drive it..

Mine got rained on during the drive home.
If rain is predicted I don't take it to work because I don't have to.

When I go to events, if it rains, it rains and I get wet.
I don't mind cleaning the top side of the car, that is easy.

It's cleaning the undercarriage that keeps me from driving in the rain more often.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #21
alyssasdad
Go VOLS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post

Mine got rained on during the drive home.
If rain is predicted I don't take it to work because I don't have to.

When I go to events, if it rains, it rains and I get wet.
I don't mind cleaning the top side of the car, that is easy.

It's cleaning the undercarriage that keeps me from driving in the rain more often.
Im the same way. If you dont mind me asking,how do you clean under the car. I dont have a lift or access to one(boy it would be nice!!)
Old 07-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #22
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
I live in South Florida, the chance of rain is always 60%. The rainstorms come quick and leave quick.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #23
alyssasdad
Go VOLS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
I can understand your point as well. Im not one of these people who buy a new car and put 1000miles on them in 5 years!!! I dont have to drive my car daily but Im also not going to let it sit for weeks on end and just drive it on Sat. I plan to put between 5 and 7 thousand miles on my Z a year. Bottom line: I didnt pay for anybodys car but mine. Ill drive mine the way I want, everyone else can do the same. Im just glad we all own camaros!!! This is an awesome site!! I think it makes me love my car even more(if thats possible)!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #24
snapp32e

Drives: '81-Z28/'07-Tundra/'12-ZL1/'13-Jeep
Drove home in the pouring rain straight from the dealership. I don't drive it now when it's raining but that's only because I'm too lazy to wash it afterwards lol.
ZL1 #612
snapp32e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #25
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssasdad View Post
I should have been a little more clear in my post. I was kidding about it driving any different. I really wanted to know who is as anal as myself and does not want to drive their "Z" in the rain!!. Thanks for the replies!!
Just as anal here...and just as frustrated with the forecast.

2016 Silverado LTZ-Z71 Midnight Edition: 6.2L, 8 speed auto, Borla exhaust
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #26
BeachBum

Drives: 2012 (ZL-1) #468
Garage Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whos_Drivin View Post
Just as anal here...and just as frustrated with the forecast.
Just As Bad Here - "Baby" Is My Garage Queen - It's A Sunday Driver And Only Comes Out If The Weather Is Good - Got Her April 21 And To Date Has 26 Miles On her - Weather Has Been Rain-Rain-Rain Here - Hopefully, Now It's July We'll Get Some Sunshine
Old 07-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #27
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
Just As Bad Here - "Baby" Is My Garage Queen - It's A Sunday Driver And Only Comes Out If The Weather Is Good - Got Her April 21 And To Date Has 26 Miles On her - Weather Has Been Rain-Rain-Rain Here - Hopefully, Now It's July We'll Get Some Sunshine
I'm sorry.
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #28
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssasdad View Post
I can understand your point as well. Im not one of these people who buy a new car and put 1000miles on them in 5 years!!! I dont have to drive my car daily but Im also not going to let it sit for weeks on end and just drive it on Sat. I plan to put between 5 and 7 thousand miles on my Z a year. Bottom line: I didnt pay for anybodys car but mine. Ill drive mine the way I want, everyone else can do the same. Im just glad we all own camaros!!! This is an awesome site!! I think it makes me love my car even more(if thats possible)!!!
Agreed. Everybody is different, that's what makes the world go 'round. I'm anal retentive with our stuff (my wife and I). The Camaro is 15 months old and only has 3,000 miles on it; however, on a nice weekend, it gets used. I have NEVER owned a car that is this much fun to drive. We just get in it and go. A nice ride through the country and a stop for lunch or dinner! It's a BLAST to drive and always gets compliments. I simply enjoy having it sit in my garage, completely spotless along with her Jeep and my Harley. Hell, every time I get home from a motorcycle ride, my Harley gets wiped free of any dirt, bugs, etc.. A lot of people don't mind the filth, I do.
Attached Images

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote