Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
Help jdp halo rgb

My right headlight is fogging up in the inside is there anyway to fix this from happening again? I installed the jdp color changing Halos recently and I know that's the reason why it's happening
954camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
jstein

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
I didn't think you took the headlights apart on those?
jstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954camaro View Post
My right headlight is fogging up in the inside is there anyway to fix this from happening again? I installed the jdp color changing Halos recently and I know that's the reason why it's happening
I've seen a couple people have the same issue you have now. Sucks to say it, but you may have to take your headlights back off and make sure the silicone seal that you place over the "exit door" for the wires is sealed good, or add some more adhesive seal/tape to it. Try to take a blow dryer and get the condensation out and then do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein View Post
I didn't think you took the headlights apart on those?

You don't, but you do have to cut a small hole in the back of the headlight to run the LED wires through.
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #4
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
Ya I am gonna get some more adhesive tape. And I don't need to blow dry it. I just checked them again and it disappeared so we good thanks for your reply though
954camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
SNK

Drives: 2010 2LT...Black
That happened to me like 8 months after instal when I washed it one day. The condensation went away and came back for like 3 days and then it was gone after a semi-warm day. I then resealed just to be sure, but mine went away on its own.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Guy condensation gets in from all places, the threads a round the adjust, the bad spot that holds water in the back and from the seal on the run/turn bulb there all parts that in time will let water or condensation in, and last is the blue round sicker.

I am adding a tar like sealer to all headlights i work on know, it will help.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954camaro View Post
We've had a few cases of this happening and the sealing tape provided didn't seal. This could have happened due to a contaminated surface or it wasn't applied correctly. The light should dry out if you remove the tape and keep it in a relatively dry environment which I know is hard in your area. You can also use a hairdryer to dry it out. When you install the tape you can use a little rubbing alcohol to clean and dry the surface before applying the tape.

Please call, email or PM me anytime with questions. I'd be happy to mail out a new piece of tape if needed. I appreciate your support and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #8
infernostripes!

Drives: 2010 1ssrs
It has happened to me before as well. There is no need to take the headlights off. All I did was wrap some black electrical tape around the the area where the wires come out of the headlights and it did the job.