Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #15
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
No concerns with the fuel system. Heck, my exhaust is still stock, too. Doesn't bother me any.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #16
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
My .02 cents would be to upgrade the suspension.
This. Sway bars, bushings, control arm, and coilovers are next on my list. Then eventually the v8 differential.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #17
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
This. Sway bars, bushings, control arm, and coilovers are next on my list. Then eventually the v8 differential.
My suspension was stock except for trailing arms and lowering springs. I don't have anything fancy
Old 04-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #18
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Oh, and to the OP...sorry not trying to jack your thread.

I have to agree that adding LT headers is really all you need to get the most out of the IPF SC system. You'll be making incredible power...and it would be easier to have them installed before or during the SC install.

Otherwise, if you want to get the most out of that power, proper suspension should be your next focus, and if you take her to the 1/4 mile track, you'll want some good sticky tires. Preferable a DR on a lighter 18" or smaller riim will get you the best traction by far! This would likely have the added benefit of similating a lower gear ratio as well.

Good luck on your awesome purchase!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #19
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Oh, and to the OP...sorry not trying to jack your thread.

I have to agree that adding LT headers is really all you need to get the most out of the IPF SC system. You'll be making incredible power...and it would be easier to have them installed before or during the SC install.

Otherwise, if you want to get the most out of that power, proper suspension should be your next focus, and if you take her to the 1/4 mile track, you'll want some good sticky tires. Preferable a DR on a lighter 18" or smaller riim will get you the best traction by far! This would likely have the added benefit of similating a lower gear ratio as well.

Good luck on your awesome purchase!
This right here is what I'd recommend as well. The LT headers would probably be something you could do while installing it but by no means should it stop you from getting it installed if you cant swing the funds for them. Whose doing the install?

Overall, have fun with your purchase!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:19 AM   #20
Vader2011v6

Drives: 2014 custom blue ZL1
I got a full exhaust and I actually installed my long tubes a week before I installed my Ipf kit. I think that's sufficient for the install because of the tune.Everything else can be installed later.if you plan to install high flow cats make sure you get a good set.
Vader2011v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:40 AM   #21
habunow1

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
I going to order the BBK long tube headers and HF cat this week and install them before the IPF is installed by Matt and the guys at FSP in Flordia. Suspension and brakes will be done as soon as the wife (financer) frees up funds after the install.

So after reading all the above post is there a better catch can which can be used with the IPF system or way to set it up to help insure the motor is not damaged. Maybe a scheduled maintance program other than regular oil changes that I can do to prevent any problems.

Wife not happy about me voiding the extended warrarty we have when it installed and the last thing I want to hear is her tell me I told you so. I need to be sure that I do all I can to prevent any problems that I can.

Again thanks for the input and it is giving me exactly what im looking for because this will be my first SC.
habunow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #22
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by habunow1 View Post
I going to order the BBK long tube headers and HF cat this week and install them before the IPF is installed by Matt and the guys at FSP in Flordia. Suspension and brakes will be done as soon as the wife (financer) frees up funds after the install.

So after reading all the above post is there a better catch can which can be used with the IPF system or way to set it up to help insure the motor is not damaged. Maybe a scheduled maintance program other than regular oil changes that I can do to prevent any problems.

Wife not happy about me voiding the extended warrarty we have when it installed and the last thing I want to hear is her tell me I told you so. I need to be sure that I do all I can to prevent any problems that I can.

Again thanks for the input and it is giving me exactly what im looking for because this will be my first SC.
Don't get us wrong. You can do the headers later. its just that you will need a re-tune when you do so, which will cost you additional time and money.

As for whether or not IPFs ventalation design actually does damage the motor over time or not has not actually been proven. I think you really should contact IPF directly about this question instead of getting feedback from this forum which may or may not be feeding you accurate information.

So are you getting IPF's extended warranty, or is it a GM extended warranty? If it is IPFs warranty, then you should be covered for a good while, but they may not want you to run a compeititors catch can, which could void their warranty, and again, is something to ask IPF directly.

Excited for you. Good luck!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #23
habunow1

Matt thanks for posting and I will PM you when I get close to paying off the SC to set up install. Now get back to work and make those other car owners happy with your great work. I know that the IPF SC is a quality product and I will get with Jesse and talk to him about any warranty they may offer in addition to the extended warranty I purchased from the Dealer.

I also did not want this to get into a arguements and would hope if there is a difference of opinions everyone could be respectful of each others thoughts and beliefs in what is the correct way to setup a motor. Thank to everyone for the input which gives me much to think about and research just making me a better carmaro owner.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #24
lscamaro

Quote:
Matt thanks for posting and I will PM you when I get close to paying off the SC to set up install. Now get back to work and make those other car owners happy with your great work. I know that the IPF SC is a quality product and I will get with Jesse and talk to him about any warranty they may offer in addition to the extended warranty I purchased from the Dealer.

I also did not want this to get into a arguements and would hope if there is a difference of opinions everyone could be respectful of each others thoughts and beliefs in what is the correct way to setup a motor. Thank to everyone for the input which gives me much to think about and research just making me a better carmaro owner.
Just saw that Matt is doing your install! I would honestly just talk to him about any concerns or upgrades you're thinking of doing. Matt is one of the best at what he does. There is no way I think Matt will ever lead you astray! Do what he recommends and enjoy the new found power!

Old 04-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #25
habunow1

I wish he was doing my install I still have to finish paying for it and cant wait but the wife has me on a budget on my mods. Hopefully Matt will be doing it in a few months and have no doubt in the abilities of the crew a FSP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Just saw that Matt is doing your install! I would honestly just talk to him about any concerns or upgrades you're thinking of doing. Matt is one of the best at what he does. There is no way I think Matt will ever lead you astray! Do what he recommends and enjoy the new found power!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #26
lscamaro

At least you know that once done paying for it, you'll have a kit that will provide some pretty good permagrin

Old 04-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #27
KMPrenger

Quote:
... I know that the IPF SC is a quality product and I will get with Jesse and talk to him about any warranty they may offer in addition to the extended warranty I purchased from the Dealer.

I highly doubt that GM will warranty any drivetrain failures you could have after the SC is installed. So this just my opinion, but after the SC goes on you may want to dump the GM extended warranty and just rely on the IPF warranty.

I'm not sure on this, but I thought if you canceled an extended warranty with GM early you could get money back? Anyone know?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #28
lscamaro

Yes, you get your money back. Uncle did it on his car. But if he has extended bumper to bumper, it might be nice to have for other "little" things. But for powertrain, I think your right that GM will not warranty any drivetrain failures.