Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #29
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocx View Post
I tried the fuse pull, didn't help as already stated...worth the try at this point.

Issues noticed:
-Idle RPM seems to hover around 600-700 RPM's.

-RPM's at 50-60mph are around 1200 rpm's where before they were around 1800-2000. I have to give the car more gas on the pedal to maintain a constant cruising speed. Hard to describe but it seems like I have to give it more gas to maintain the same cruising speed. When I give it a little more gas to maintain speed on a hill for example, it not downshifts instead of before it would stay in the same gear. It kind of bogs down before it shifts. The gas pedal is not the same "shifting point".

-Won't break loose from completely stopped. It's like it lost all 1st gear acceleration.

-1st gear ratios are decreased significantly. Before if I was in 1st gear and didn't shift I would get to maybe 15mph. Now I can use 1st all the way up 30mph before shifting.

Sounds like you could be spot on?
1200rpm at 60mph? Rpms should be at around 1800rpm at 60mph. Sounds like you have a ecm tune issue reporting inaccurate rpm levels or a transmission issue at this point.

I would be taking this back to the dealership asap. For reference, a Dodge Charger 8 speed tranny gets about 1400rpm with 8 gears so 1200rpm is for sure wrong in any aspect with current six speeds.

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #30
htoniv

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
1200rpm at 60mph? Rpms should be at around 1800rpm at 60mph. Sounds like you have a ecm tune issue reporting inaccurate rpm levels or a transmission issue at this point.

I would be taking this back to the dealership asap. For reference, a Dodge Charger 8 speed tranny gets about 1400rpm with 8 gears so 1200rpm is for sure wrong in any aspect with current six speeds.

hmm? i think mine is around 1200-1300rpm at 60 and seems fine. my 2000rpm is 75-76mph
htoniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #31
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
I tried the fuse pull, didn't help as already stated...worth the try at this point.

Issues noticed:
-Idle RPM seems to hover around 600-700 RPM's.

-RPM's at 50-60mph are around 1200 rpm's where before they were around 1800-2000. I have to give the car more gas on the pedal to maintain a constant cruising speed. Hard to describe but it seems like I have to give it more gas to maintain the same cruising speed. When I give it a little more gas to maintain speed on a hill for example, it not downshifts instead of before it would stay in the same gear. It kind of bogs down before it shifts. The gas pedal is not the same "shifting point".

-Won't break loose from completely stopped. It's like it lost all 1st gear acceleration.

-1st gear ratios are decreased significantly. Before if I was in 1st gear and didn't shift I would get to maybe 15mph. Now I can use 1st all the way up 30mph before shifting.

Sounds like you could be spot on?
Are you manual or auto? In an auto, at 70mph cruising in 6th, the rpms should be just a hair under 2,000 rpm. at 50mph, not sure, but if it is really only 1,200 or 1,300 at 60, you have an issue.

Please explain your issue with first gear. In an auto equipped car, under light to medium throttle, the car will shift to 2nd somewhere around 10 - 12 mph. If you floor it, it should hold 1st until somewhere into the 30+mph range. This is normal. If you are saying it never shifts until you are 30+mph...again you have a problem!

If the car is a manual, and you are saying even under full throttle (before the work was done) you couldn't get past 15 mph, well than that WAS a problem.

So which is it?

If what I said in the first two paragraphs describes your car as it is now....please take it back to the dealer and demand they fix it. It is not right!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #32
Vgav1221

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS/M6 Black w/ Orange Guts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Are you manual or auto? In an auto, at 70mph cruising in 6th, the rpms should be just a hair under 2,000 rpm. at 50mph, not sure, but if it is really only 1,200 or 1,300 at 60, you have an issue.

Please explain your issue with first gear. In an auto equipped car, under light to medium throttle, the car will shift to 2nd somewhere around 10 - 12 mph. If you floor it, it should hold 1st until somewhere into the 30+mph range. This is normal. If you are saying it never shifts until you are 30+mph...again you have a problem!

If the car is a manual, and you are saying even under full throttle (before the work was done) you couldn't get past 15 mph, well than that WAS a problem.

So which is it?

If what I said in the first two paragraphs describes your car as it is now....please take it back to the dealer and demand they fix it. It is not right!
i can go 40 in my M6 2lt before having to shift into 2nd gear, but thats redlining it hard haha
Vgav1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #33
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vgav1221 View Post
i can go 40 in my M6 2lt before having to shift into 2nd gear, but thats redlining it hard haha
Yeah I just wasn't sure of the exact high speed in first, so I just said 30+ . But you right, 40ish or so should be doable.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #34
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vgav1221 View Post
Whattttt I'm pretty sure 1st ends at 37 MPH at 7k RPms, redline. I start my shift at 35 MPH in 1st, 65 in 2nd, then ride out third as it ends around 110ish.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #35
Ocx

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
A6.
It's tough to describe and I apologize for inaccuracies. Bottom line the car bogs out in 6th at 1200rmps around 60mph, especially on hills. I have to give it more gas, car shifts to 5th at around 2200rpms. Before I could easily hit 2000 in 6th with no shit. very sluggish out of low RPMS. Before my tires would break loose, now no longer.

Going back to the shop. I got no chance in hell.
Ocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #36
KMPrenger

Quote:
A6.
It's tough to describe and I apologize for inaccuracies. Bottom line the car bogs out in 6th at 1200rmps around 60mph, especially on hills. I have to give it more gas, car shifts to 5th at around 2200rpms. Before I could easily hit 2000 in 6th with no shit. very sluggish out of low RPMS. Before my tires would break loose, now no longer.

What about 70mph?? What rpm are you at? That will really be the tell for me. If it isn't right at about 1,950 rpm or so on flat ground in 6th, and it is much less than that, you have issues. Dealer can't deny that.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #37
Ocx

More good news.

Walk out to the garage, notice my DR tire is low. Air it up, check for leaks. Found a nail. Took it to Firestone to have it patched, they find 3 more carpenter nails. One of those nails is on the edge of the tread and sidewall.

Tirerack.com: $280 shipped to Firestone.

So, once this issue is resolved, then I'll be taking it back to the Dealer. I expect nothing and I can almost guarantee that result.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #38
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello Ocx,

Please keep us updated on your dealership visit! I do hope they are able to come to a resolution for you. Let us know if you need any assistance!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
A6.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #39
Ocx

Update:

Took the car back to the dealership, took a ride with the Service Manager. He drove the first round, I went with him. He noticed nothing wrong. My turn to drive, I demonstrated that it will not break loose or show any noticeable aggressiveness out of 1st with TC,etc. disabled. I even tried to brake torque to do a burnout....nothing.

This was on friday before Memorial day weekend.

Today I traded in my car to a different dealership and drove off with a 2013 2SS/RS everything except navigation. My "old" car was a 1LT RS. No more.

And the rest was history...
Old 06-09-2013, 12:07 AM   #40
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Update:

Took the car back to the dealership, took a ride with the Service Manager. He drove the first round, I went with him. He noticed nothing wrong. My turn to drive, I demonstrated that it will not break loose or show any noticeable aggressiveness out of 1st with TC,etc. disabled. I even tried to brake torque to do a burnout....nothing.

This was on friday before Memorial day weekend.

Today I traded in my car to a different dealership and drove off with a 2013 2SS/RS everything except navigation. My "old" car was a 1LT RS. No more.

And the rest was history...
Sorry to hear about all those problems but you won't regret the upgrade!! Congrats and I am sure you are loving the new found power.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #41
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Congrats on the upgrade. Hopefully you didn't lose too much on the deal. Bet there's a huge difference going from a V6 that was down on power to the SS.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #42
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Damn man enjoy that SS! I'm going through basically the exact same thing, engine problems that just aren't ever going to get fixed. Hopefully locking up my SS deal this week.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote