Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #15
hittman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Thanks for the information. Well done.

CAI - LT Headers - HF Cats - Borla S-Type Mufflers - Heritage Grill - Tuned By Ted
hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #16
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
See I don't use any restriction I just run open cylinder heads no silly headers slowing my flow lol. But seriously good info.
Trob85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #17
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hittman View Post
Thanks for the information. Well done.
You are very welcome. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
See I don't use any restriction I just run open cylinder heads no silly headers slowing my flow lol. But seriously good info.
You are all that is MAN!!! Thanks.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:57 PM   #18
Mr. Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Rally Yellow & 68 SS
Hey Chase great info. Am running 17/8 stainless work LT. Thanking about going 2" with the thermal coating. Do you have any pic with the thermal coating LT header?
AS OF 1/29/16 @ 633 RWHP=10.10@136
TOPED 700 PASSES AFTER F.I. AND STILL ON THE ORIGIANAL STOCK AXLE & DIFF
Mr. Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:30 PM   #19
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nasty View Post
Hey Chase great info. Am running 17/8 stainless work LT. Thanking about going 2" with the thermal coating. Do you have any pic with the thermal coating LT header?
There are a lot of different option when it comes to thermal coating. The finish most people typically visualize when you talk about ceramic coating looks similar to chrome.

But you can get almost any finish you can imagine.

And if you really want to spend some money you can get crazy...

Old 01-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #20
Apex Motorsports

Old 01-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #21
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Chase, I currently have stock manifolds, Solo hi-flow cats and a GMPP Track Pack axle-back; sounds great and the hi-flows gave me a small hp boost.
My warranty will expire in March so I'm considering headers sometime after that but I seem to recall hearing on here that I won't be able to utilize my Solo's with LT's. Is that true and if so why? Would shorties tied to the Solo's be worth doing?
Irrespective of all that, as far as the three primary sizes go, can all three hook up to the stock pipes from the back of the cats?
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:30 AM   #22
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
Chase, I currently have stock manifolds, Solo hi-flow cats and a GMPP Track Pack axle-back; sounds great and the hi-flows gave me a small hp boost.
My warranty will expire in March so I'm considering headers sometime after that but I seem to recall hearing on here that I won't be able to utilize my Solo's with LT's. Is that true and if so why? Would shorties tied to the Solo's be worth doing?
Irrespective of all that, as far as the three primary sizes go, can all three hook up to the stock pipes from the back of the cats?
You will not be able to use Solo high flow cats with long tube headers. Solo high flow cats are really a full mid pipe replacement from the stock manifolds to the cat back. Long tube headers eliminate that entire section. You can bolt the Solo high flow cats up to shorties. You will not see the same kind of power as you would with long tubes but you will see another small gain.

When selecting long tube headers with the intention of bolting them to a stock configuration cat back you have to make sure to buy a set of headers labeled "factory connect" or "short system". These headers are designed to utilize the stock cat back geometry. If you have any questions when looking at the options do not hesitate to hit me up or give us a call.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #23
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
You will not be able to use Solo high flow cats with long tube headers. Solo high flow cats are really a full mid pipe replacement from the stock manifolds to the cat back. Long tube headers eliminate that entire section. You can bolt the Solo high flow cats up to shorties. You will not see the same kind of power as you would with long tubes but you will see another small gain.
Thanks for the reply but I'm still a bit confused (it doesn't take much). I seem to recall hearing on here that you still have to have some type of hi-flow cats with headers, right or wrong?
Just ballpark, what additional hp could I expect to see if I just decided to keep the Solo's and go with shorties?
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #24
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Thanks for the reply but I'm still a bit confused (it doesn't take much). I seem to recall hearing on here that you still have to have some type of hi-flow cats with headers, right or wrong?
Just ballpark, what additional hp could I expect to see if I just decided to keep the Solo's and go with shorties?
Check out the picture below. The top one is the stock parts. Your Solo high flow cats replace that entire section after the manifold. Long tube headers replace all of it. Yes, you will have to bolt up a cat or cat delete behind the long tube headers to make the connection but what you need is what is behind the long tubes in the picture. The Solo cats (actually a lot more than just the cats) are the wrong configuration to be able to do it.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #25
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Check out the picture below. The top one is the stock parts. Your Solo high flow cats replace that entire section after the manifold. Long tube headers replace all of it. Yes, you will have to bolt up a cat or cat delete behind the long tube headers to make the connection but what you need is what is behind the long tubes in the picture. The Solo cats (actually a lot more than just the cats) are the wrong configuration to be able to do it.

For whatever reason the pic is not opening but I pretty much understand the concept now.
Back to my 2nd question from my previous post then: since I picked up 10-15 hp with the Solo's, if I added shorties how much additional hp could I expect to gain, ballpark? Trying to decide if it's worth doing for the $$. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #26
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
For whatever reason the pic is not opening but I pretty much understand the concept now.
Back to my 2nd question from my previous post then: since I picked up 10-15 hp with the Solo's, if I added shorties how much additional hp could I expect to gain, ballpark? Trying to decide if it's worth doing for the $$. Thanks.
The cats did most of the heavy lifting. You should expect to see about 5-8 rwhp in some parts of the RPM range.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:13 PM   #27
SteveDoten@ARH

Drives: 2010 SS, (ARH/Farks 8sec car)
I'd choose the same manufacturer that supplies headers used on the Copo Camaro

Last edited by SteveDoten@ARH; 01-19-2014 at 10:01 AM.
SteveDoten@ARH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:16 PM   #28
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDoten@ARH View Post
I'd choose the same manufacturer that supplies headers used on the Copo Camaro
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american racing headers, kooks, long tube headers, pfadt, stainless works